Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lucchesi said The silence of the sepulcher is the silence of the...
- bernadette said I guess that the Notre Dame Sisters is one of thos...
- lh said What are they smoking?
- jameeka said Father Z, thank you for teaching us that Mass is a...
- Mike said Wow. These ladies need to read the Gospels. Maybe...
- Quanah said Father gave a great call to everyone to come join...
- Netmilsmom said OF- In our little parish (which is very much in ne...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Fr Quoted from the sermon on Easter by St John Chr...
- VARoman said EF Mass. Really well attended (300+) First, we no...
- Legisperitus said Creepy. Just creepy.
- lsclerkin said Thank you thank you thank you, Father. Your podcas...
- Bruce said I wonder what ND alum Josiah Bartlet would think o...
- jfk03 said All that is needed to complete the metamorphosis i...
- JMody said Several points from our sermon — focusing ar...
- BLB Oregon said The homilist opened with the story of Anna Pavlova...
- Lepidus said Ordinary Form: Our (Indian) priest made a talked...
- Priam1184 said My answer to the school sisters of Notre Dame goes...
- Fr AJ said Since they are no longer want to be Sisters of Our...
- atmoe said I think they may have confused Earth Day and Easte...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Well, no, Frank Gibbons, I don’t think I hav...
- Mike said Thanks (one prays) to improving catechesis, this y...
- Stephen D said …and every time a baby smiles, a fairy is bo
- Long-Skirts said THE NEVER SETTING SON His head pushed north. His f...
- CatholicLiving said We had Tenebrae on Wednesday and Friday; my husban...
- Rachel K said He is risen indeed, Alleluia! A very Happy and Ble...
- Grateful to be Catholic said At Old St. Mary’s in Washington, DC, a Solem...
- Rachel K said JonathanCatholic, many congratulations to you! Wha...
- Michael said I have no problem with worship of the Lord that fo...
- MarkG said >>> Michael Sherrard, Faithful America’s...
- Southern Baron said I have a vegetarian friend who specifically eats m...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 December 2012
This could be something fun and memorable to do with your children.
GEMINID METEOR SHOWER: Earth is passing through a stream of debris from “rock comet” 3200 Phaethon, source of the annual Geminid meteor shower. Around the world, observers are … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 12, for Thursday the 2nd week of Advent.
Technorati Tags: ADVENT, ADVENTCAzT, podcast
I just had a note from “Brother Java” of the Wyoming Carmelites.
On your behalf I wrote to suggest decaf in K-Cups as well. Here is the response:
Thanks for the suggestion! We’re going to add Decaf Arabica, Midnight Vigils … Continue reading
We are in The Economist this week. It is a pretty good article, all in all. There are a couple little glitches, but they don’t touch the substance. Enjoy!
My emphases and comments.
A traditionalist avant-garde
It’s trendy to be a traditionalist in the … Continue reading
When in doubt about your Christmas gift list, Fr. Z suggests…
stuff on amazon through Fr. Z’s links
stuff from Fr. Z’s store
stuff (=coffee) from the Wyoming Carmelites using Fr. Z’s links (new K-Cups!)
lots of ammo and guns
Not necessarily in that order.
I … Continue reading
What I really want to know:
In which section of the Acta Apostolicae Sedis are the Holy Father’s tweets going to be published?
Which theological note will they be assigned?
Technorati Tags: AAS, Acta Apostolicae Sedis, Benedict XVI, Pontifex, tweets, Twitter
At American Thinker there is a thought provoking piece on antinomianism:
Antinomianism: The Soft Heresy
By Daniel Ciofani
Here is the definition:
1. Theology; The doctrine or belief that the Gospel frees Christians from required obedience to any law, whether scriptural, civil, or … Continue reading