Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Masked Chicken said Bolo hat = Bowler hat. They are sold under both n...
- The Masked Chicken said Pomless birettas! I may be the first person in hi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Removing the pom takes about 5 seconds and it leav...
- marcelus said Huey P.Long would be “close” to Peron...
- SpesUnica said House of Hansen in Chicago sold me one sans pom. I...
- CradleRevert said M.K., Like Father mentioned above, I would give Le...
- VexillaRegis said Dear Gaz and mrshopey, Examples of valid marriage...
- RobS said I was dismayed to see the Nuns on the Bus advertis...
- M. K. said CradleRevert, Yes, I’m concerned that it mig...
- Imrahil said Note that “whatever form their own congregat...
- CradleRevert said M.K. , Could you simply buy one with a pompom and...
- DisturbedMary said At the end of each day, they can park the bus in a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Anyone here ever try to depict an angel acc...
- Imrahil said Dear Mrs Hopey, a Catholic is bound under pain of...
- departing contestant said these comments are all well and good. however, wha...
- M. K. said Does anyone have tips on where one can buy a biret...
- Joe in Canada said Of course we don’t need to import ordained S...
- Joe in Canada said I don’t think it’s necessary to mock t...
- Andrew said At least part of the confusion can be clarified by...
- Alaina said MargaretC makes a very valid point about the repre...
- Unwilling said “We the people We the voters” Hm. Tea...
- mrshopey said I got an amount for this year: “But she said...
- mrshopey said According to Star Coaches, it can cost between $1,...
- mrshopey said So, this bus doesn’t belong to them, but the...
- mrshopey said To clarify, sacramental I guess doesn’t mean...
- mrshopey said I need some help also in understanding. Suppose a...
- JamesM said Want to see some “interesting” biretta...
- Imrahil said Dear Gaz, shortly said, Dr Peters (if I read him c...
- Andrew D said Poverty? Nope, I don’t see any evidence of t...
- Gaz said I get the point that sacramentality and validity a...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
- VIDEO: TLM at “Dome of Home”
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 13 December 2012
This could be something fun and memorable to do with your children.
GEMINID METEOR SHOWER: Earth is passing through a stream of debris from “rock comet” 3200 Phaethon, source of the annual Geminid meteor shower. Around the world, observers are … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 12, for Thursday the 2nd week of Advent.
I just had a note from “Brother Java” of the Wyoming Carmelites.
On your behalf I wrote to suggest decaf in K-Cups as well. Here is the response:
Thanks for the suggestion! We’re going to add Decaf Arabica, Midnight Vigils … Continue reading
We are in The Economist this week. It is a pretty good article, all in all. There are a couple little glitches, but they don’t touch the substance. Enjoy!
My emphases and comments.
A traditionalist avant-garde
It’s trendy to be a traditionalist in the … Continue reading
When in doubt about your Christmas gift list, Fr. Z suggests…
stuff on amazon through Fr. Z’s links
stuff from Fr. Z’s store
stuff (=coffee) from the Wyoming Carmelites using Fr. Z’s links (new K-Cups!)
lots of ammo and guns
Not necessarily in that order.
I … Continue reading
What I really want to know:
In which section of the Acta Apostolicae Sedis are the Holy Father’s tweets going to be published?
Which theological note will they be assigned?
At American Thinker there is a thought provoking piece on antinomianism:
Antinomianism: The Soft Heresy
By Daniel Ciofani
Here is the definition:
1. Theology; The doctrine or belief that the Gospel frees Christians from required obedience to any law, whether scriptural, civil, or … Continue reading