You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- CatholicCoffee said patrick.lynch: you sound like you want to be a Cat...
- acardnal said The Canonical day beginning/ending at midnight is...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgic...
- patrick.lynch said “Your freedom to celebrate the TLM is my fre...
- drea916 said Most people wouldn’t attend either of those....
- JabbaPapa said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgically? Y...
- Imrahil said Note that when I said “the Elder Son had a p...
- CatholicCoffee said Henry Edwards: Do those making such comments reall...
- Imrahil said Reverend dear @Fr Fox, thank you again for your co...
- LarryW2LJ said Hoo boy! I think I would have walked as soon as m...
- StWinefride said I remember you posting this video a couple of year...
- janeway529 said Speaking of the LA Religious Ed Congress, the 2013...
- jameeka said Thank you for this discussion, especially Fr Fox a...
- Jim Dorchak said A couple of things: Do they make things up as they...
- pinoytraddie said There is a Catholic Byzantine Liturgy in Tagalog...
- JonPatrick said To follow on to what Henry Edwards said, it is not...
- OrthodoxChick said Here’s a potential remedy. Did anyone else...
- Fredi D'Alessio said I love the way the Blessed Trinity and sanctifying...
- Pete said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgica
- Priam1184 said Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto! Sicut e...
- PostCatholic said It’s a lot more generous than we atheists on...
- Henry Edwards said Some of the preceding comments appear to reflect a...
- frjim4321 said That’s weird. I knew from early Friday that...
- The Masked Chicken said Should, of course, be Theologica. The Chicken
- The Masked Chicken said “NB Mt 20:28 and Mk:10:45. The Son of Man di...
- ocleirbj said “…focus on your intimate encounter wit...
- CatholicCoffee said CatholicintheAgeofAquarius: I think we’d all agree...
- Mariana2 said My dogs are not amused : ) ! APX, so sorry. My dog...
- Phil_NL said So, did they win…?
- Phil_NL said congratulations, RMT (and Mrs RMT-to-be)! And than...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 19 December 2012
Please, in your charity, read this.
Technorati Tags: Newtown
At the blog Southern Orders, Fr. Allan McDonald had a few things to say about liberals and Vatican II and what freaks them out.
Here is a taste with my emphases and comments:
The progressive, liberal element of the Church since Vatican … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
Christmas Vandals Never Quit
December 19, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on Christmas vandals:
Every year at Christmastime, incidents of vandalism are rampant, and while this year was not as bad as last year, there still were too … Continue reading
The amusing Eye of the Tiber (go visit!) hits it on the head with this one. Funny… but not!
Lapsed Catholic Confirms She Is Still Spiritual
Sherman Oaks, CA–27-year-old Sara Matson confirmed to friends yesterday that she was indeed still very spiritual despite … Continue reading
From the Catholic News Herald of the Diocese of Charlotte:
Government must rewrite HHS mandate by March 31, court orders
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., has sided with Belmont Abbey College in its lawsuit challenging the Obama administration’s … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases:
Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts
Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new prefect of … Continue reading
In the light of the Obama Administration’s attack on our religious freedom, this piece deserves wide circulation:
A Man for This Season, and All Seasons
by Charles J. Chaput
within Religion and the Public Square
December 19th, 2012
There is only one Thomas More: A … Continue reading
Advent is more about the ending of the world and the Lord’s Second Coming than it is about His First Coming.
In the meantime, let’s talk about the Mayan calendar.
My friend the mighty P.P. of Blackfen, the Dean of Bexley, His … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 18, for Wednesday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
Technorati Tags: ADVENCAzT, ADVENT, Joseph Ratzinger, podcast