- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Hank Igitur said “Upspeak” indicates a request for appr...
- bernadettem said Every Ordinariate priest I know wears a cassock wh...
- JacobWall said We are all language chameleons. By nature, langua...
- Alex S. said The size of their sample group was twenty three pe...
- The Sicilian Woman said I upchuck at the thought of uptalk.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, I will believe those days have gone by when...
- av8er said Our pastor has a “style” to deliver a...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, I know the Archbishop of whom y...
- av8er said The new priest assigned to the base chapel where I...
- majuscule said This is, like, something I’ve been aware of...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan The married priesthood has nothing to do wit...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, it actually isn’t suppres...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Our sermon today was on the dogma of the Immaculat...
- Christine Niles said I like your hypothetical responses to this deacon,...
- Patrick L. said Listened. Thanks, Father.
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan What I take issue with is that there are peo...
- AgricolaDeHammo said Hmm I just learned something new! I only learned t...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Nan, When the Vatican suppresses married men fro...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, Seriously? Do you forget that i...
- Nancy D. said http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-pl...
- Nan said @Subdeacon Joseph, it is pretty clear that since t...
- Mr. Green said I agree with Lori Pieper and others that Shaw̵...
- Joe of St Thérèse said When I went to the TLM at St Therese in Alhambra,...
- Subdeacon Joseph said @ Uxixu It is not enforced because to do so would...
- Joe of St Thérèse said I’m with you subdeacon Joseph…let us n...
- Uxixu said @Subdeacon No need to be so defensive as context...
- tzard said This is case of someone being a busybody. It sho...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “De gustibus non disputandum” (with va...
- Philmont237 said My dad (a newly ordained permement deacon) gave hi...
- Subdeacon Joseph said I am a married priest who always wears the cassock...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 19 December 2012
Please, in your charity, read this.
Technorati Tags: Newtown
At the blog Southern Orders, Fr. Allan McDonald had a few things to say about liberals and Vatican II and what freaks them out.
Here is a taste with my emphases and comments:
The progressive, liberal element of the Church since Vatican … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
Christmas Vandals Never Quit
December 19, 2012
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on Christmas vandals:
Every year at Christmastime, incidents of vandalism are rampant, and while this year was not as bad as last year, there still were too … Continue reading
The amusing Eye of the Tiber (go visit!) hits it on the head with this one. Funny… but not!
Lapsed Catholic Confirms She Is Still Spiritual
Sherman Oaks, CA–27-year-old Sara Matson confirmed to friends yesterday that she was indeed still very spiritual despite … Continue reading
From the Catholic News Herald of the Diocese of Charlotte:
Government must rewrite HHS mandate by March 31, court orders
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., has sided with Belmont Abbey College in its lawsuit challenging the Obama administration’s … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases:
Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts
Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new prefect of … Continue reading
In the light of the Obama Administration’s attack on our religious freedom, this piece deserves wide circulation:
A Man for This Season, and All Seasons
by Charles J. Chaput
within Religion and the Public Square
December 19th, 2012
There is only one Thomas More: A … Continue reading
Advent is more about the ending of the world and the Lord’s Second Coming than it is about His First Coming.
In the meantime, let’s talk about the Mayan calendar.
My friend the mighty P.P. of Blackfen, the Dean of Bexley, His … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 18, for Wednesday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
Technorati Tags: ADVENCAzT, ADVENT, Joseph Ratzinger, podcast