Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- frjimt: Brings tears to my eyes.. There is hope! Our Lady of Pillar pray for us!
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 21 December 2012
From a reader:
I know you love to hear good things about Confession. I just wanted to share that I went to Confession today with a most humble, wise, and kind priest. I was on the verge of a panic attack … Continue reading
Medieval churches with stained glass were photocatalytic air purifiers with nanostructured gold catalyst. Yep. They were.
For your Just Too Cool file… a reader alerted me to a post at Daniel Mitsui’s blog.
This, if true, really is just too cool:
SOLAR-POWERED NANOTECH-PURIFIED AIR in MEDIAEVAL CHURCHES
The glaziers who created gold-painted stained glass windows for mediaeval churches … Continue reading
Why won’t NCR make “The Unborn” their ‘Person of the Year’?
UPDATE 21 Dec 20:19 GMT:
The Fishwrap’s webpage says at the top: “Update: Our poll was so popular our account with SurveyMonkey, which hosted our poll, topped off the number of … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
UPDATE 21 Dec 20:09 GMT:
Right now: 146 contributors have prayed 435 rosaries, 217 chaplets of Divine Mercy, 99.41 hours of adoration, stations of the cross 99 times, and have had 134 Masses offered for Bishop Robert … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file.
Someone sent me news about a development in the Diocese of Greenburg.
Bishop Brandt implements Mass in extraordinary form in Latrobe
GREENSBURG — Bishop Lawrence E. Brandt announced that he is implementing the celebration of the Mass … Continue reading
I saw in the online, full digital version of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald‘s choices for People of the Year for 2012. They also explained why they were chosen.
Timothy Card. Dolan tops the list, followed by…
Asia Bibi … Continue reading
LATIN: O Oriens, splendor lucis aeternae, et sol iustitiae: veni, et illumina sedentes in tenebris et umbra mortis.
ENGLISH: O dawn of the east, brightness of light eternal, and sun of justice: come, and enlighten those who sit in darkness … Continue reading
The Holy Father today provided insight into how evil and destructive the homosexual agenda is.
Each year shortly before Christmas the Roman Pontiff exchanges greetings with and addresses the members of Roman Curia. He gives them what some call a “State … Continue reading