- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- happyCatholic said Some of my prayer petitions recently are to truly...
- happyCatholic said Clinton, Your comment is even more prescient than...
- Legisperitus said The “corporal works of mercy” advice i...
- happyCatholic said Listened online! Thank you!
- Andy Lucy said Elizabeth D, if it be your choice to refuse to tak...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said 26:14: “… a more palpable expression o...
- Matt R said HighMass, I believe he does, though I suggest you...
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- Clinton said The current Obamacare laws are just the beginning....
- acricketchirps said Well, at least I’m sure we can all agree tha...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Johnno said There are SOME INSTANCES of divorced/remarried peo...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
- HighMass said What a great Interview…..for a Cardinal who...
- Magash said Just saw the head of the Chamber of Commerce infer...
- Priam1184 said Yeah Father, you can’t even see the water an...
- The Masked Chicken said “multiplying attacks on sports, on football&...
- Hans said @McCall1981 Not speaking about it publicly is not...
- McCall1981 said @ kpoterack Thanks for posting those links, they a...
- q7swallows said Oh, I just hit the play button from the main blog...
- q7swallows said I relish these, Father, although I cannot seem to...
- tcreek said If the link to Catholic Culture in my post above d...
- tcreek said Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics wou...
- Rancid said “To me, though, the whole thing is rather si...
- Ben Kenobi said “I frankly I don’t see how a remarried coupl...
- Ganganelli said I’m totally confused by this but sometimes i...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 21 December 2012
From a reader:
I know you love to hear good things about Confession. I just wanted to share that I went to Confession today with a most humble, wise, and kind priest. I was on the verge of a panic attack … Continue reading
Medieval churches with stained glass were photocatalytic air purifiers with nanostructured gold catalyst. Yep. They were.
For your Just Too Cool file… a reader alerted me to a post at Daniel Mitsui’s blog.
This, if true, really is just too cool:
SOLAR-POWERED NANOTECH-PURIFIED AIR in MEDIAEVAL CHURCHES
The glaziers who created gold-painted stained glass windows for mediaeval churches … Continue reading
Why won’t NCR make “The Unborn” their ‘Person of the Year’?
UPDATE 21 Dec 20:19 GMT:
The Fishwrap’s webpage says at the top: “Update: Our poll was so popular our account with SurveyMonkey, which hosted our poll, topped off the number of … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
UPDATE 21 Dec 20:09 GMT:
Right now: 146 contributors have prayed 435 rosaries, 217 chaplets of Divine Mercy, 99.41 hours of adoration, stations of the cross 99 times, and have had 134 Masses offered for Bishop Robert … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file.
Someone sent me news about a development in the Diocese of Greenburg.
Bishop Brandt implements Mass in extraordinary form in Latrobe
GREENSBURG — Bishop Lawrence E. Brandt announced that he is implementing the celebration of the Mass … Continue reading
I saw in the online, full digital version of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald‘s choices for People of the Year for 2012. They also explained why they were chosen.
Timothy Card. Dolan tops the list, followed by…
Asia Bibi … Continue reading
LATIN: O Oriens, splendor lucis aeternae, et sol iustitiae: veni, et illumina sedentes in tenebris et umbra mortis.
ENGLISH: O dawn of the east, brightness of light eternal, and sun of justice: come, and enlighten those who sit in darkness … Continue reading
The Holy Father today provided insight into how evil and destructive the homosexual agenda is.
Each year shortly before Christmas the Roman Pontiff exchanges greetings with and addresses the members of Roman Curia. He gives them what some call a “State … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 20, for Friday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
“Δόξα Πατρὶ καὶ Υἱῷ καὶ Ἁγίῳ Πνεύματι.
Καὶ νῦν καὶ ἀεί καὶ … Continue reading