Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Uxixu said I would be interested in how the diocese set up on...
- Uxixu said I do wish parishes would celebrate the hours in Ch...
- Henry Edwards said Regarding the obligation to recite or pray the div...
- Stephen Matthew said …wanders by aimlessly mumbling something inc...
- Margaret said Please pray for the repose of the soul of Tricia J...
- Nathan said I am certain that your reader, Father, was motivat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Nicholas says: What about priests on the moon, in...
- Nicholas said But Father, but Father! What about priests on the...
- Imrahil said An aside remark (for those who indulge in chucklin...
- Nicholas said Fishwrap is now young and hip. This effort will, I...
- robtbrown said . . . Pope Francis has taken a different, and hist...
- JesusFreak84 said I do have to wonder at what point we reach “...
- Torpedo1 said Praying for all intentions here, especially Fr. Z&...
- ChrisRawlings said Of course, I meant “Bride,” and not ...
- ChrisRawlings said Here’s the thing: if you’re going to create a webs...
- Imrahil said What of those who cannot accept in good conscience...
- benedetta said Not sure how they expect to “get the story r...
- majuscule said A quick look at Crux shows the comments on the art...
- Gerard Plourde said It’s rather curious that the Boston Globe wo...
- Johnsum said My take on this initiative by the Globe is that it...
- SaintJude6 said I read a couple of the articles after they were li...
- Margaret said A homeschooler, mother to four young children, was...
- nola catholic said “Crux is slick. They have had a big, splashy...
- Montenegro said I lived for 13 years in the AD of Boston, from 199...
- AndyMo said “Some people stay afterwards to say the Rosa...
- Charles E Flynn said Pope Paul VI’s Humanae Vitae did not strike...
- Legisperitus said “Ban” is like “policy,” a...
- Maynardus said This isn’t a “me too!” post but...
- A Sinner said I read this post only because you were introducing...
- kpoterack said I had the same reaction. I linked to one of their...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 21 December 2012
From a reader:
I know you love to hear good things about Confession. I just wanted to share that I went to Confession today with a most humble, wise, and kind priest. I was on the verge of a panic attack … Continue reading
Medieval churches with stained glass were photocatalytic air purifiers with nanostructured gold catalyst. Yep. They were.
For your Just Too Cool file… a reader alerted me to a post at Daniel Mitsui’s blog.
This, if true, really is just too cool:
SOLAR-POWERED NANOTECH-PURIFIED AIR in MEDIAEVAL CHURCHES
The glaziers who created gold-painted stained glass windows for mediaeval churches … Continue reading
Why won’t NCR make “The Unborn” their ‘Person of the Year’?
UPDATE 21 Dec 20:19 GMT:
The Fishwrap’s webpage says at the top: “Update: Our poll was so popular our account with SurveyMonkey, which hosted our poll, topped off the number of … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
UPDATE 21 Dec 20:09 GMT:
Right now: 146 contributors have prayed 435 rosaries, 217 chaplets of Divine Mercy, 99.41 hours of adoration, stations of the cross 99 times, and have had 134 Masses offered for Bishop Robert … Continue reading
For your Brick by Brick file.
Someone sent me news about a development in the Diocese of Greenburg.
Bishop Brandt implements Mass in extraordinary form in Latrobe
GREENSBURG — Bishop Lawrence E. Brandt announced that he is implementing the celebration of the Mass … Continue reading
I saw in the online, full digital version of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald‘s choices for People of the Year for 2012. They also explained why they were chosen.
Timothy Card. Dolan tops the list, followed by…
Asia Bibi … Continue reading
LATIN: O Oriens, splendor lucis aeternae, et sol iustitiae: veni, et illumina sedentes in tenebris et umbra mortis.
ENGLISH: O dawn of the east, brightness of light eternal, and sun of justice: come, and enlighten those who sit in darkness … Continue reading
The Holy Father today provided insight into how evil and destructive the homosexual agenda is.
Each year shortly before Christmas the Roman Pontiff exchanges greetings with and addresses the members of Roman Curia. He gives them what some call a “State … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 20, for Friday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
“Δόξα Πατρὶ καὶ Υἱῷ καὶ Ἁγίῳ Πνεύματι.
Καὶ νῦν καὶ ἀεί καὶ … Continue reading