Some of you who have been internet dumpster diving have probably noticed that the National catholic Fishwrap presented their readers with a list of the “10 ways religion shaped the news in 2012”.
They got it wrong, as usual.
Here is the actual list as a corrective.
Fr. Z’s 10 Most Important Religious News Stories in 2012
- Pope Benedict XVI celebrates 85th Birthday (16 April)
- Pope Benedict XVI denounces gay marriage and gender construction during his annual Christmas message (12 December)
- The CDF issues Doctrinal Assessment of the LCWR and imposes controls (18 April)
- No-longer-Father Roy Bourgeois, excommunicate, dismissed from Maryknoll “Order” by CDF (4 October)
- General Synod of Church of England rejects women bishops (20 November)
- USCCB declares war on Obama Administration over HHS Mandate (6 February)
- Pope Benedict XVI issues motu proprio “The Service of Charity”, calling bishops to strengthen the religious identity of Catholic charities, and thereby vindicates Bishop Olmsted of Phoenix (11 November)
- Establishment of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter for ex-Anglicans in these U.S.A. (1 January)
- 1st Anniversary of the new, much improved, serenely-received English translation of the Roman Missal (27 November)
- 7th Anniversary of Fr Z’s Blog, fighting bad liturgy and catholic leftist propaganda (29 December)