Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- pannw said I read this yesterday and found it interesting. H...
- Kathleen10 said In our pornified culture, this is probably how too...
- eulogos said St. Anthony of Padua http://stanthonyendicott.org/...
- M. K. said Here is an excerpt from another interview Camille...
- Supertradmum said Eeiiuu…
- Supertradmum said Thanks for the heads-up on this book.
- Supertradmum said Great writer. As to the Irish, a holy Irish priest...
- Matt Robare said I should write me bishop a letter about the good p...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Jacobi: “To reduce the chances of it being b...
- Emilio said Not only is the spirit of 1968 back, but it’...
- Henry Edwards said Back in the English translation days, I wrote to s...
- vmanning said This is little more than porn. I’d be ashame...
- jacobi said Small point Father if I may. I write to my bishop....
- majuscule said Makes me think that the accusation about a “...
- jameeka said I read the document and remain unedified.
- Marine Mom said 1 Cor 3:16-17 “Do you not know that you are...
- tpodonnell said Legisperitus suggests a collection for mailing the...
- Joseph-Mary said I have written encouraging and praise for some goo...
- everett said While a smaller diocese, a few years back I wrote...
- Widukind said Calling upon P. Francis to take some action on thi...
- Kristyn said Ew.
- Gus Barbarigo said I’m grateful that Fr. Z gave us the resource...
- Gerard Plourde said As Dr. Peters states, this allegation, if true, is...
- PA mom said This quote from Catholic World News should win som...
- Quanah said I showed the image to my students and asked them t...
- Sute de exemplare ale c?r?ii celor cinci cardinali pe tema familiei, sub sechestru | Resurrexit sicut dixit said […] John Zuhlsdorf face câteva comentarii pe...
- Henry Edwards said We can only hope that this is considered a blunder...
- CradleRevert said I wrote a letter of gratitude to His Excellency Bi...
- Gregg the Obscure said In late 2002, I wrote a letter to Abp. Chaput, who...
- Grumpy Beggar said Let’s not get too hasty on any other book ti...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
- OLDIE: Images of the Basilica of St. Peter on this Feast of the Cathedra
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- Two African Cardinals standing up!
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): Sacramentum
- BREITBART: Canadian Fr. Rosica threatens to sue Canadian blogger (Vox Cantoris)
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- NEW Z-SWAG – Liquidum non frangit ieiunium
- Get a free music CD of spectacular music of Lent from St. John Cantius
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: December 2012
National Catholic Reporter teams up with Ford Foundation backed entity to hide the truth about the Holy See’s ‘Doctrinal Assesment’ of the LCWR
Every year around Christmas and Easter, the usual hyenas emerge from the brush to worry at the Church’s heels. This year, as a little gift to the Christ Child, the National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) has teamed up with an … Continue reading
In addition to Boxing Day it is the feast of St Stephen. His feast has been celebrated this day since the earliest centuries of the Church’s life.
We are also in the Octave of Christmas. Octaves are mysterious. For Holy Church … Continue reading
The old phrase is “Anything worth doing, is worth over-doing.”
During the Holy Father’s 1st Mass of Christmas last night, something happened which everyone should know about.
Instead of a “Responsorial Psalm”, the schola and a cantor sang the Gradual. No congregational singing for that. People were given the opportunity to participate … Continue reading
Last night happened to be the 30th anniversary of my 1st Holy Communion. As you will recall, I am a convert.
That took place at St. Agnes in St. Paul, Minnesota also at an orchestral Mass of the Viennese school (i.e., … Continue reading
Was there a good point in the sermon you heard for Christmas Mass? Or Masses?
Let us know! It is always interesting to hear what is being said and there are so many angles to explore.
And some people don’t get very good … Continue reading
Merry Christmas to all of you readers, near and far!
Whatever is going on in your lives, make this one as simple as you can: thank the Lord for His humble birth as our Savior, tell Him you love Him, and … Continue reading
We have a Christmassy clerical caroling convivium going on.