- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Paul M. said Phil_NL says: “a remarriage carries with it...
- boxerpaws1952 said ATHEISM...
- boxerpaws1952 said discipulus says: 12 December 2013 at 5:42 pm For...
- Phil_NL said It will revolve around the third question, of cour...
- boxerpaws1952 said St Jude,i will be glad to pray for your son(a lot)...
- StJude said I am in my car all day so I cant get away from rad...
- Pope Sends Sign Language Message to Bishops - BigPulpit.com said [...] St. Etheldreda’s Pl Asian Bishops Enco...
- paulbailes said Bravo Lisa! (and StJude)
- StJude said Thanks Lisa for: “Folks, there is no one on...
- snoozie said how, oh how, does this POSSIBLY square with Matthe...
- Lisa Graas said I think I should offer my two cents as one who obt...
- msokeefe said Married permanent Deacons violate Canon 277. ht...
- McCall1981 said Are they talking about actually giving communion t...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening Father Z.! Thank you very much. I a...
- paulbailes said This sounds like the devil’s game plan 1967...
- Elizabeth D said I was inspired today by a Gospel witness in Syria,...
- Geoffrey said I think a serious renewal of the instituted minist...
- Bryan D. Boyle said @kellym: just finished watching that TG episode la...
- ray from mn said If “divorce and remarriage” are to be...
- Reliquary said I just hit “play.” Wonderful — t
- mburduck said And I will pay for the ammo and the range fees, to...
- Uxixu said Listened through the plugin on the post.
- Andrew Saucci said Well, if the lay people don’t need rubrics,...
- Netmilsmom said Father, you haven’t given us an option for &...
- HyacinthClare said I’m with you, Legisperitus. Not a clue what...
- Dan said Huh. I would have read that statement from Msgr....
- JeffK said That’s the optimistic scenario. Here’s...
- Obumbrabit said I listened through the plug in on the post.
- StJude said For my son.. he seems lost lately. For a personal...
- Sword40 said Got it!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarriage. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: December 2012
His Holiness has his fanon again for the First Mass of Christmas. Nice to see. More on the fanon, hated by liberals and the ungodly, HERE.
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI, fanon
GREAT NEWS FROM ENGLAND! From the site of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham.
I’ll add a comment, below.
Ordinariate priest appointed to South London parish
An announcement was made yesterday (Sunday) that the Parish of the Most Precious Blood, Borough, is … Continue reading
Recently His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke visited Clear Creek Monastery within the Diocese of Tulsa, which the wonderful Bp. Slattery reigns:
Technorati Tags: Bp. Slattery, Card. Burke, Clear Creek, D. Tulsa
Vatican Radio has been posting short audio messages from Church leaders. Here is a brief message from the Cardinal Bishop of my own diocese, the Suburbicarian Diocese of Velletri-Segni, His Eminence Francis Card. Arinze, Prefect-Emeritus of the Congregation for Divine … Continue reading
I conclude now my 5 minute daily podcasts before Christmas.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 23, for the Vigil of Christmas.
Technorati Tags: ADVENT, ADVENTCAzT, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Joseph Ratzinger, podcast
The Holy Father made a good point in his Angelus Address today.
Elizabeth, welcoming Mary, recognizes that the promise of God to humanity is being fulfilled and she exclaims, “Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of … Continue reading
Was there a good point from the Sunday sermon you heard for this 4th Sunday of Advent.
Advent, I say. It is not yet Christmas!
Let us know the good points!
PS: Yes, I am trying to get you to pay closer attention … Continue reading
This comes up every year:
If I go to Midnight Mass, and it really starts at Midnight, and I receive Holy Communion, and if I go to Mass again during Christmas Day, can I receive Communion again?
The 1983 Code of Canon … Continue reading
From a priest:
Blessings and peace to you. I just wanted to add a confessor’s piece to the many penitent’s testimonies that you have been posting. During Advent I have been inviting and pursuing the parish to go to confession. As … Continue reading