When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Sonshine135 said Is it just me, or does Cardinal Marx sound much li...
- Skeinster said I used to make vestments, and know that I never se...
- pelerin said Many thanks to Adrienne Regina for giving the link...
- Skeinster said We had a good sermon about this a while back. Fath...
- iPadre said A fitting hymn for the first picture. http://www.y...
- bsjy said After you’ve pulled the altar from the wall,...
- Sonshine135 said The actions that we are reading about are the waki...
- dans0622 said Now THAT is a penitential rite.
- pelerin said Oh the yellow horror! Where is the dignity? Did no...
- Sonshine135 said Well, David danced naked before the Ark, so I gue...
- Andrew said Priests of the Old Law used sacred vestments: how...
- MJFarber said Not to get into non sequiturs but the picture is p...
- Nicolas Bellord said I must say I wish some commentators could try and...
- JamesM said Fr. Thomas Kocik “in the Ordinary Form, prie...
- JamesM said I am curious as to what level of authority a R...
- JonPatrick said For Dante, the Mark Musa translation is also a goo...
- Kerry said By the way, is that a young David Letterman wearin...
- Kerry said In his reasoning explaining to the finance council...
- govmatt said As I’ve seen posted here before: the only on...
- Scott W. said Charity obligates me to assume that priest that lo...
- momoften said Do you have a better picture of the gold vestments...
- kat said It saddens me when I hear about parishes, or frien...
- JonPatrick said Wow almost lost my breakfast when I saw the yellow...
- Christ_opher said Someone once said to me that Pope Benedict was Pro...
- Stephen Matthew said Let it be cast out, banished until the coming of t...
- Stephen Matthew said I don’t know anything about the idea of a bi...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Matthew 22:11-13 “And the king went in to se...
- snoozie said well…..that may have been one of your finest...
- Dominic Maria said I don’t think it is possible as it violates...
- Phil_NL said Isn’t there some long forgotten canon that i...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
- ASK FATHER: Can confessions be heard during Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- English translation problem on Vatican website of key paragraph of an important document
- LENTCAzT 34: Monday of the 5th Week of Lent – UPDATED
- Great news!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 15 January 2013
First, let me post a smile with my signature icon, so that you know that, even as I mean business, I am in a pleasant mood.
Once again, I am getting lots of registrations from spammers. I eliminated dozens of the … Continue reading
Sent by a reader.
This two-year-old has a bright future.
Ex ore infantium…
I had a great day today with Minneapolis S.W.A.T.
This was built around a Ford F550.
As it happens, this here blog is known to a member of the S.W.A.T. unit of my native place. I had an invitation when in town … Continue reading
The monks from Fontgombault (who founded Clear Creek in the Diocese of Tulsa) are going to repopulate a French monastery.
Don’t you wish sometimes that you never… I mean never… saw or heard Hollywood stars when they weren’t actually in a show or movie?
Some of these people are getting into the gun-control issue. Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
How … Continue reading
Thanks to a reader I saw this at Eponymous Flower:
Pastor Determines Latin Mass “Disturbs” Tourists
Edit: We just received a discouraging letter from a friend about a Latin Mass Community in the Los Angeles, California area. There has been a Mass … Continue reading
From Sr. Mary Ann Walsh at the USCCB HQ:
American Girl Catholic School Uniform
Catholic schools are in vogue. Proof: You can buy a Catholic school uniform for an American Girl doll. In your favorite plaid. You can find them for Barbie … Continue reading