Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said johnnyDmunoz says: I remember a while back someone...
- Fr Jackson said It seems to me that prudence would demand some mor...
- Giuseppe said One of my favorite monologues from Father Guido Sa...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Tomato lobbers rarely contribute helpfully to conv...
- contrarian said Duly noting that I’m lobbing tomatoes from t...
- Tina in Ashburn said Father Z, the conference looks like a great time,...
- Clinton R. said I too would urge caution in the canonization of Po...
- Father G said Here is another link from the USCCB with the Engli...
- inexcels said I’m afraid I don’t have high hopes for...
- inexcels said My problem with distributism is that the sources I...
- Anonymous Seminarian said JonPatrick: Fortescue’s book is fantastic f...
- moconnor said Please! Your first line shouldn’t be so deba...
- TomG said ocalatrad: the only thing “objectionableR...
- johnnyDmunoz said I remember a while back someone posted some inform...
- FatherHoisington said The USCCB website says that the prayers are to be...
- Obama Offends Catholics in the UK, says Religious Schools are Divisive | The Conservative Voice said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- PostCatholic said It’s a nice spot in a quiet suburban neighbo...
- ocalatrad said I’m curious as to what is particularly objec...
- Did you hear him call schools in Middle East divisive? Of course NOT! | Let's Chat about That said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I think the Church has processes for a reason, and...
- Art said Hmmm… since I was ordained by John Paul, would I b...
- alanphipps said “[Right on schedule here come the distributi...
- carolina publican said SimonDodd, thanks for that information – gre...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: absentee landlords, I was referring to Jesus...
- Suburbanbanshee said Distributism has been promoted by holy people, but...
- Muv said Allow me please to stick my neck out. I have a spe...
- Imrahil said I always bow at the times the priest in the EF mak...
- Suburbanbanshee said The idea is not that it’s a clinical trial,...
- ocalatrad said While the conference does seem like it’d be...
- jhayes said I didn’t know “O’bama” was Irish! The genealogy se...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Gregg’s: Are we becoming Europe?
- 2nd miracle for John Paul II takes another step forward
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 28 January 2013
I suggested a project using Twitter HERE. Let’s create a “stack” of tweets during the day. Concentrate your effort on a day and single theme instead of various scatterings over days when they might not be noticed.
Here is the collective tweet for TUESDAY, … Continue reading
The editor of the Fishwrap, the paper of record for schismatics and heretics now to be known as the National Schismatic Reporter, responded to the bishop of the place where they are headquartered. His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn called … Continue reading
After taking in my recording of Downton last night via my Slingbox and DVR back at the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue, I crashed and slept the sleep of the dead. Now, refreshed, I am at the conference. I have … Continue reading
From the onset, Fr. Z Kudos to His Excellency Most Rev. Bp. Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix for his new Pastoral Letter on CONFESSIONS!
The letter is called “Apostles of Mercy” and it is directed to the Priests of the Diocese of … Continue reading
Was there a good point from the sermon you heard at Mass this weekend?
Let us know what it was.
From the Kansas City Star:
Bishop Finn airs frustration over KC-based National Catholic Reporter
Finn objects to editorial positions taken by the Kansas City-based newspaper.
BY ALAN BAVLEY
The Kansas City Star
The bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is expressing public … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy.
Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded.
Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.
Wisconsin … Continue reading
My trip to the nation’s Capitol has the painter Brumidi fresh in my mind.
Here is some great news sent from a friend in New York City about more work by Brumidi together with a sacred event everyone in the area … Continue reading