Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- JGavin said Do you think Father, that the Doges would have ...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I really need to get that novel written. I have s...
- JabbaPapa said Thank you for your Prayers. God Bless you Father,...
- Dad of Six said I dunno frjim4321…I think I’d rather t...
- Ann Malley said “…Disobedient and rebellious would be...
- jaykay said By coincidence, Amazon Kindle Store was recommendi...
- Geoffrey said While I am no apologist for the late archbishop, I...
- Semper Gumby said Thanks for the book review Fr. Z, I was wondering...
- stuart reiss said The master of Papal liturgical ceremonies is Archb...
- Someone please be the Garrigue said That green thing with the ciggiebuts on top. Is th...
- mike cliffson said Wot! No crazed blond monks ?
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I’ve enjoyed his other books, which gave me...
- un-ionized said VSL, I neglected to mention that the Platinum Prep...
- un-ionized said VSL, my source for all things inky fountain peny i...
- Guido03 said This is a fantastic article and an especially good...
- KAS said I got several of his books used, very very cheaply...
- Suudy said I very much enjoyed his Imperium series. And Pomp...
- Venerator Sti Lot said un-ionized, Wow, thanks! I’ll keep an eye op...
- un-ionized said Is this from the author himself or is this from a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Maybe I’m not subtle enough reading between...
- Prayerful said Robert Harris has an efficient and readable style....
- un-ionized said VSL, Noodler’s Whaleman’s sepia is a t...
- Vincent said Father, you missed something: The bishop is essent...
- Grant M said Thanks for the photos Father, and thanks Andrew fo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Ah, squid ink! I’d love to try some fresh s....
- pannw said Norah, there should be arrows on the right of the...
- Norah said I couldn’t access the article. The link too...
- frjim4321 said His comments about the eschatological meaning of t...
- scotus said On a more important point, the good Bishop says, “...
- scotus said On a more important point, the good Bishop says, “...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- REVIEW: Robert Harris – Conclave
- Bp. Morlino on marriage, sex craziness, the election, and “eschatological awareness”
- Venice – Day 1-2: Of Mark and Mud-bugs
- ASK FATHER: Why are good priests so afraid of “stirring the pot”?
- Archbp. Sample on ‘Amoris laetitia’: conscience isn’t a law unto itself
- Florence – Day 5-7: Red meat and musea
- Hillary: ”I admire Margaret Sanger enormously… there are a lot of lessons we can learn from her”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Man regularly takes Hosts home from Mass
- Fr. Sirico on the Clinton’s campaign view of the Church
- WDTPRS – 22nd Sunday after Pentecost: The Battle For The Mass
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – Pregnancy and Glory
- Fishwrap rots from the head down
- Are you hurt, disoriented, frustrated about what’s going on in the Church? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NYC 16 & 18 Oct: Talks by Fr. John Hunwicke on great topics
- Rome-Assisi – Day 4-5: Francis, Prayer and Exile
- Feingold (D-WI): Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns
- An Archbishop speaks: “What should Catholics do when we vote in November?”
- Rome Day 3-4: sculpture and spies
- The Anti-Catholicism of the Clinton Campaign
- Reginald Foster’s 1st Latin book FINALLY out!
- Day 2-3: books and beauty
- Rome Days 1-2: Of clams and griffons
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 28th Ordinary Sunday: “God crowns His own merits in us”
- WDTPRS – 21st Sunday after Pentecost: We are grown up! We don’t have to kneel!
- My View For Awhile: Long Trip Edition
- Card. Sarah: Reform the liturgy! “The future of the Church is at stake”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I have been saying for a while now that the liberal catholic left’s spittle-flecked interest in stricter control has little or nothing to do with a true pro-life agenda. Fishwrap (aka National catholic Reporter) and their ilk have hijacked the … Continue reading
Prof. Ed Peters, canonist (whom I still think is wrong about a question concerning Mass obligations – but I digress), has posted something instructive about catholic politicians who truly need some medicinal help from Holy Mother Church. We enter in … Continue reading
I arrived in the nation’s capital. At the airport with Michael Voris, Fr Frank Pavone, and Fr Nicholson. I like that my hotel has gargoyles. I just finished lunch with authoress and speaker Dawn Eden. Now to the portrait gallery. … Continue reading
[Watch this for updates. Apparently there is something after the Pontifical Mass that may conflict for some people.] Since there is going to be a Pontifical Mass (Usus Antiquior) at Old St. Mary’s in Washington DC. (5th and H Sts. NW), … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap I was amused to see Michael Sean Winters go after Nicholas Hahn of the far more serious Crisis Magazine who opined that the US bishops and papal spokesman Fr. Lombardi ought to butt out of the gun-control … Continue reading
May I ask all of you to ask God, through the intercession of Mary, Mother of God, to bless the people participating in the March for Life in Washington DC with good and clement weather?
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans. “A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign” An ordinariate … Continue reading
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s process is slow and patient and respectful, to a fault, when certain people and their odd theological notions come under study. It takes a lot to get scrutinized by the CDF in … Continue reading
For your Just Too Cool file. I noticed this during the stomach turning broadcast of the President’s inauguration, but here is a post with a photo. Check out First Things: Kevin Walsh of the University of Richmond School of Law writes: … Continue reading
“…assist with Thy Holy Spirit of counsel and fortitude the President of these United States, that his administration may be conducted in righteousness, and be eminently useful to Thy people over whom he presides; by encouraging due respect for virtue … Continue reading
I was informed that recently His Eminence Daniel Card. DiNardo of Galveston-Houston delivered the annual Carl J. Peter Lecture at the Pontifical North American College. His topic: “Preaching With The Fathers Of The Church”. This, of course, is of great … Continue reading
I have a few favors to ask. 1. If you are so inclined, please consider leaving some voicemail which I might … might… be able to use in PODCAzTs. I resolved with the new year to make more. It is fun … Continue reading
Do you have some good news in your life to share?