You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Gregg the Obscure said A few things on this lovely day. 1. It is my wife...
- cantrix said For my mother, diagnosed with colon cancer a few w...
- lizaanne said We live in a charming little 1950s bungalow. So c...
- CatholicCoffee said I will add the above requests and all posted here,...
- Angie Mcs said Please pray for the soul of my cousin, Kathy. She...
- Jeannie_C said For Mamajen, a regular commenter, who was schedule...
- Scott W. said “a few just won’t give up their protest̶...
- Gratias said With Benedict XVI retired we will have to fight fo...
- scholastica said You know you’re truly Catholic when you need...
- The Sicilian Woman said P.S. Chantgirl, congratulations on the baby, and...
- The Sicilian Woman said For the repose of the souls of our departed milita...
- chantgirl said I recently found out that I’m about 9 weeks...
- AvantiBev said I have read your comments. Most of you men; many...
- Cincinnati Priest said Regarding the assumption that it is more likely th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said James Joseph, What, I wondered, might Chester A. &...
- FrDulli said I would like to pray for the Holy Spirit to give t...
- Cathy said I do get concerned when deacon’s wives are h...
- StWinefride said I can’t be in London sadly, however I did se...
- donato2 said “Let us also pray for the unwitting agents o...
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
- APX said Great idea! If you’re up for it, why not start? I...
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
- Hank Igitur said Some EF priests won’t allow married men to s...
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 11 February 2013
The Holy Father: ipsissimis verbis…
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI’s resignation, resignation
I am still absorbing the big news.
One way I am absorbing it is by trying to find ways to express appreciation of the Holy Father’s time as Pope.
I added a section to my online store in case you want to … Continue reading
From Joe Heller:
An interesting cartoon was published in German on Sunday:
Holy cow! Tomorrow I’ll resign!”
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI’s resignation, cartoon
On 11 February, the day Pope Benedict announced that he would resign, lightning struck St. Peter’s Basilica.
The photo from Agence France-Presse:
Technorati Tags: Benedict XVI’s resignation, lightning
I have written again and again that the SSPX was going to wake up one day and experience the bad end of the stick. That day is coming, probably with the election of the next Pope which is now a … Continue reading
Canon 332 §2 of the Code of Canon Law states: “If it happens that the Roman Pontiff resigns his office, it is required for validity that the resignation is made freely and properly manifested but not that it is accepted … Continue reading
I think I had better post this before even more people start writing me about it (in other words please don’t send me mail about the “prophecies of Malachy” about the popes).
There is a list of 112 short titles in … Continue reading
If you are reading this today, we are both lucky. I actually got it posted and you brought up the page!
Today we have a great example of Zuhlsdorf’s Law in full force.
Murphy was an optimst. Therefore…
When you need your … Continue reading
In no special order…
My 2013 prediction, #3? Wow. Was I wrong or what?
There are some men who ought to be cardinals who aren’t and there is at least one who is who shouldn’t be. Mahony get’s to vote and Chaput … Continue reading