Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- KAS: In the United States I saw a map showing the second most common religion in every state. Nearly all our Northern states and several others listed Islam as the second most common religi...
- Grant M: @Fallibili ssimo, I was just thinking about the symbolism the other day. Well, the fish, of course, is a very ancient Christian symbol. I don’ t know what the liver represente d to...
- Geoffrey: “But who made McCarrick a cardinal? JPII, isn’t it? What did he know about McCarrick? We need to know what JPII knew and if he knew of McCarrick’ s misdeeds, we need to know why he...
- Gab: “St. Anthony tried to preach to the people about their heresy, but they wouldn’t listen. So he went to the shore and thousands of fish came to the water’s edge arranged in neat rows with...
- JGavin: Chuck ludd It is always a time to pray. Think of explaining yourself as perpetrato r to Him who died for your sins? Think of how the actions of the perpetrato r jeopardize d the faith of...
- Kennedy: I was in France last year for about 10 days. I was very impressed with the devotion of the people in the churches I visited. Even in the ones that were tourist hubs, there were always...
- Spinmamma: Although the desecratio n of the Eucharist, and the horrible murder of the elderly priest is by far more serious, the potential loss of FranceR 17;s magnificen t Gothic cathedrals is...
- monstrance: Excellent security systems with cameras and video have become quite reasonably priced. Have it linked to local law enforcemen t for immediate response. No excuses 230;
- AA Cunningham: I have been following Catholic media for a long time, and nobody ever hinted that McCarrick was hinky in any way beyond the general liberal interpreta tion of theology… Until recen...
- excalibur: Father Z, thanks for this recommenda tion. I recommend the Robert Sungenis work on ‘The Book of Genesis 217;. It deals with chapters 1 through 11, and is volume 4 of his Study...
- excalibur: There is no compromise with Mohammedan ism, which practition ers of that political system prefer we call ‘Isl am’. Islam means submission . Those who refuse to learn from...
- Chuck Ludd: It is not a time to gloat, but a time to pray.
- Kathleen10: Fr. Z. I really enjoy your food adventures . I love cooking and baking and should do more of it. I love the food posts because they are such a welcome momentary break from all the rest....
- Luminis: St Therese of Lisieux pray for us!
- JGavin: I think this is killing the chicken to scare the monkey. A cleaning from top to bottom is needed.Who knew what and when. There is still the aroma of obfuscatio n and not fessing up. I also...
- Gab: Aeterne rerum omnium … O God, who bringest all things into existence, remember that the souls of unbeliever s have been called into existence by Thee, and that they have been made after...
- Gab: Okay, NOW I believe it.
- veritas vincit: WmHesch: ‘1) McCarrick has not been expelled from the Franciscan order… so presumably he would be “Brother McCarrick” ’ As far as I can tell, particular ly from his...
- JARay: Long before Islamists appeared in France there were signs of hatred towards the Church. It is over 50 years since I saw a gutted chicken and its blood smeared across the entrance of a...
- Michael Haz: It’s a start. As much as I hate to say it, there it is. The question (for me, at least) is whether this was a bone thrown to the faithful to get us to shut up about the laven...
- The Astronomer: The Lavender Mafia has thrown one of their own (who no longer serves any real useful purpose to them) under the bus in a cosmetic attempt to show “see , we’r e DOING...
- Semper Gumby: JesusFreak 84: Militant secularist s (and the occasional occultist) have previously been involved in church attacks. So have other Islamist groups besides ISIS. Well done with your...
- Justalurkingfool: IF, as Fr. Kelly suggests Dementia has already affected Cardinal McCarrick, then this is OUTRAGEOUS LY VINDICTIVE because, regardless of the depravity of his long life, he is now...
- matt from az: What is to stop Uncle Ted from going over to the CofE or the Episcopal Church and injecting their bishops with valid holy orders? Would he not be able to confer valid but illicit...
- Fr. Kelly: for those speculatin g about whether McCarrick will speak out, from the time the New York “Cre dible Accusation s” were made public this past summer, it was noted in reports...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Another look at Catholic/Islamic statement: “diversity of religions … are willed by God in His wisdom”
- Your Good News
- “Rumors that a certain prelate threatens his orthodox priests with institutionalization or laicization are not rumors… they are truth”
- BREAKING: Rubrics and color-blindness
- Card. Kasper attacks Card. Müller who publicly proclaimed Catholic doctrine
- Thoughts about ‘ad orientem’ worship and priests being bullied
- How many baptist pastors are married?
- 10 February – St. José Sánchez del Río, Martyr
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Coda alla Vaccinara with digressions into Roman stuff, like a new old confraternity
- TRANS-NEPTUNIAN COMET APPROACHES EARTH
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PODCAzT 170: Card. Müller – Manifesto of Faith: “Let not your heart be troubled!”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Epiphany AND 5th Ordinary Sunday: Familial military or martial family?
- L’Affaire McCarrick: Soon to be “Mister”
- When winter gets reeeeeally long
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 25 February 2013
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! Continued from THESE. I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent. As long as my blog reaches so many readers in so many places, let’s give … Continue reading
Benedict XVI is STILL POPE, until 20:00 Rome Time on 28 February. Have you worked out where you will be? I suggested a project using Twitter HERE. Let’s create a “stack” of tweets during the day. Concentrate your effort on a Tuesday … Continue reading
And its from Lutherans … who are more Catholic than readers of the National Schismatic Reporter! They are certainly much funnier. Funny Lutherans! Gotta get my head around that. But they sure nailed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrzfbbgJu8M&feature=player_embedded
It came to my attention (HERE and HERE) that a Catholic blogger and prolific tweeter, Lisa Graas (aka Catholic Bandita – @CatholicLisa) is in need of both our prayers and also material support (read: money)! Catholic bloggers don’t always work and … Continue reading
Remember that stupid, wicked and gawdawful book by David Yallop full of unsubstantiated and prurient speculation about an assassination of Pope John Paul I? When the speculation about the secret “Vatileaks Report” started to rev up, with its scandalous possibilities, … Continue reading
There is a semi-cute video out there which explains in a nutshell “How To Become Pope”. The video has a flawed premise in that the priesthood, episcopacy, cardinalate, and papacy are described in terms of a career path for those … Continue reading
From a reader: I have had a discussion with a good traditional Catholic that has told me going out to eat after Mass on Sundays, or for that matter any Holy Day of Obligation, is a sin against the 3rd … Continue reading
Friends, I know there are intermittent blog problems today. Please ask your Guardian Angels to get rid of Titivillus or whomever it is and also that the support team gives this some timely attention. It seems that every time a … Continue reading
From a reader: I am a Candidate for Holy Orders as I prepare for ordination to the diaconate in 2015. We are being told that as deacons we are ministers of the Cup. For our formators this means when there … Continue reading
The Holy Father – Pope Benedict XVI now gloriously reigning – released a Motu Proprio (in Latin) by which he empowers the Cardinal Electors to move forward the day of the beginning of the conclave. The canonist Ed Peters has … Continue reading
We read that – because of allegations “of inappropriate behaviour towards priests dating from the 1980s” – His Eminence Keith Card. O’Brien, Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh, is resigning his see and will not participate in the conclave even though … Continue reading
From xkcd: GO TO CONFESSION!