You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- The Masked Chicken said I sent in a comment, but it is still in moderation...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said wmeyer says: I have seen young women who perform w...
- jkm210 said I’m 30 years old and grew up in a parish fou...
- The Masked Chicken said “But seriously, even the self-styled “conser...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I am so tired of this issue. In all charity, I thi...
- Lucy C said Oh – and one more thing – on Wednesday...
- The Masked Chicken said “I believe more harm would be done by the in...
- Lucy C said First of all – to Mamajen, congratulations!!...
- av8er said For the souls of those lost in today’s torna...
- APX said We do have a recently instituted Sacristan girls p...
- Austin Catholics said I can’t believe this question keeps going, a...
- Legisperitus said Ascension Thursday Sunday. Corpus Christi Thursday...
- discipulus said When I used to be an altar server in our TLM paris...
- Charivari Rob said My replies don’t quite fit into the availabl...
- MouseTemplar said I agree with the comment “Let’s bring...
- frjim4321 said The younger and very inexperienced associate that...
- priests wife said My husband is the ‘permanent’ supply p...
- Andrew Saucci said I am going to play devil’s advocate, but fro...
- frjim4321 said “Just curious. Do you have a crucifix or a r...
- maryh said @JacobWall Thank you. I’m really interested...
- maryh said @frjim4321 Just curious. Do you have a crucifix or...
- Janine said for Fr. J - I am praying for all the intentions he...
- Hank Igitur said Prior to 1969 we had reversible cassocks: red side...
- JacobWall said @maryh, what you say sounds very reasonable. Part...
- maryh said @APX Believe me, the last thing I want to do is fo...
- frjim4321 said As you might have guessed, we have both female and...
- Scott W. said Since the crisis in vocations substantially preced...
- Kathleen10 said Wow, Vexilla, that was painful! It must have bee...
- phlogiston said Sadly, I believe there is room for a third poll qu...
- Kathleen10 said One doesn’t need to be a vocations expert, a...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Benedict XVI is STILL POPE, until 20:00 Rome Time on 28 February.
Have you worked out where you will be?
I suggested a project using Twitter HERE.
Let’s create a “stack” of tweets during the day. Concentrate your effort on a Tuesday (when the Roman … Continue reading
And its from Lutherans … who are more Catholic than readers of the National Schismatic Reporter! They are certainly much funnier.
Funny Lutherans! Gotta get my head around that.
But they sure nailed it.
It came to my attention (HERE and HERE) that a Catholic blogger and prolific tweeter, Lisa Graas (aka Catholic Bandita – @CatholicLisa) is in need of both our prayers and also material support (read: money)!
Catholic bloggers don’t always work and play … Continue reading
Remember that stupid, wicked and gawdawful book by David Yallop full of unsubstantiated and prurient speculation about an assassination of Pope John Paul I?
When the speculation about the secret “Vatileaks Report” started to rev up, with its scandalous possibilities, Yallop … Continue reading
There is a semi-cute video out there which explains in a nutshell “How To Become Pope”. The video has a flawed premise in that the priesthood, episcopacy, cardinalate, and papacy are described in terms of a career path for those … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have had a discussion with a good traditional Catholic that has told me going out to eat after Mass on Sundays, or for that matter any Holy Day of Obligation, is a sin against the 3rd commandment. … Continue reading
Friends, I know there are intermittent blog problems today.
Please ask your Guardian Angels to get rid of Titivillus or whomever it is and also that the support team gives this some timely attention.
It seems that every time a new story … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a Candidate for Holy Orders as I prepare for ordination to the diaconate in 2015. We are being told that as deacons we are ministers of the Cup. For our formators this means when there are … Continue reading
The Holy Father – Pope Benedict XVI now gloriously reigning – released a Motu Proprio (in Latin) by which he empowers the Cardinal Electors to move forward the day of the beginning of the conclave.
The canonist Ed Peters has looked … Continue reading