You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Kathleen10 said One doesn’t need to be a vocations expert, a...
- FrDulli said This poll also seems to show that male readers out...
- Robbie said Dave N I tend to agree with you. I don’t ca...
- Trinitarian Dad said Our medium sized parish has all male altar servers...
- Mr. P. said I just saw your permanent deacon tag above and wil...
- Mr. P. said Father, are there specialized training programs fo...
- MaximusXVI said just use common sense and history. Pre-Vatican II,...
- Jim R said “A deacon is a deacon is a deacon.” Oh...
- JacobWall said @APX, I can’t speak for maryh, but what she...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
- Dave N. said Since the crisis in vocations substantially preced...
- BridgetTheresa said Here is a true modern-day cassock story, as relate...
- MBeauregard said I am a former Catholic elementary school principal...
- lucaslaroche said I forgot where I read it… It could have very well...
- eiggam said While we were going over arrangements for my dad...
- momoften said Congratulations Mamajen, but God continue to bless...
- momoften said Also, if you ask any of my 11 sons (all of them a...
- momoften said We have red for Easter, and for Christmas-and spec...
- a catechist said My seven yr. old daughter was Confirmed and receiv...
- Jeannie_C said Mamajen – Praise God and congratulations! I...
- Supertradmum said Mamajen, congratulations and God bless your all.
- yatzer said At one point I was all for female servers as a mat...
- Scott W. said I’d be interested in a study comparing paris...
- APX said maryh says, Bring the feminine back into the Chu...
- quid quaeritis said If you can spare a prayer, for me, that I may find...
- disco said In any case, don’t let Obama find out where...
- JacobWall said @OrthodoxChick, If you revert to your 2000 desktop...
- Jim R said Does an all-male sanctuary foster vocations to the...
- OrthodoxChick said Congratulations, Mamajen!!!!! I’d love to se...
- Supertradmum said vetusta ecclesia, you are correct and a person at...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 12 March 2013
This comes from CNA. My emphases and comments.
Vatican details how new smoke signals are produced
Vatican City, Mar 12, 2013 / 05:19 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Varying chemical compounds have replaced wet straw and pitch to produce the Vatican smoke signal that … Continue reading
What a whirlwind.
First, help each other out by checking… daily…
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Then, also daily for a few more days… just a few seconds of your time…
HELP! 2013 About Catholicism Readers’ Choice Awards
POLL: Which U.S. major secular network has the … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for prayers. Many requests are heart-achingly grave and urgent.
As long as my blog reaches so many readers in so many places, let’s give each other a … Continue reading
Which U.S. major secular network has the best Papal Conclave coverage so far?
I am hearing great things about what CBS is doing this time around.
What are you hearing and seeing? What are your reactions to the commentary?
Use the combox below.
Technorati … Continue reading
Conclave? Smoke? Pfft. Here’s big news!
ABC News’ Aaron Katersky reports:
Buyout firms Apollo Global Management, LLC and Metropoulos & Co. have agreed to purchase the Hostess and Dolly Madison cake brands, including Twinkies. The iconic snacks have been off the … Continue reading
Just how tone deaf is the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap)?
Classly as ever, on the eve the conclave they suggest:
No matter from what part of the world he hails, no matter what his theological or ecclesiastical pedigree, the best thing … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate have a great idea. As I promote a revival of confession, they promote prayer for poor souls. They have a prayer for the poor souls to interceded for the Cardinal Electors. I think we all want, … Continue reading
And so it begins.
The procession leaves the Pauline Chapel to go around the corner into the Sistine
Card. Re, the senior Cardinal Elector, guides the process.
At the beginning of the procession he prays:
Cum sacris litaverimus, nunc Conclave, ad eligendum Romanum … Continue reading
We had a first poll HERE. I took the top 15 results and offer them again for your opinion as the conclave begins today!
The combox is open for your explanations. Anyone can vote, but you have to have an approved … Continue reading