It’s BLACK FRIDAY and people are saving a lot today. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JesusFreak84 said I’ve seen this several times and it’s...
- majuscule said That’s really neat!
- Siculum said Father, I tried asking the following through the e...
- Kathleen10 said Hey there Grumpy Beggar, Happy Thanksgiving. Ge...
- Sonshine135 said Looks like the perfect stocking for some ammo! [Fr...
- Kirk O said Pnkn says: 27 November 2014 at 5:53 pm I read: ” E...
- Joe in Canada said How sad the world must be in which the author live...
- Sonshine135 said It is truly sad how people today have fallen into...
- Landless Laborer said The price of food commodities is intentionally dis...
- The Masked Chicken said I have very little to add to the comments, seeing...
- Venerator Sti Lot said With apologies: “misled” not “mi
- robtbrown said Egyptian says, Our ag policies and the socialist t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said FPhilip, Thank you for the additional commentary r...
- robtbrown said IMHO, a good rule for the Pope to follow in econom...
- The Egyptian said Thank all of you, you humble me with your undeserv...
- FPhilip said Venerator Sti Lot, The commentaries of the Navare...
- Grumpy Beggar said Kathleen10 says: 25 November 2014 at 11:21 am Gr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Joy of the remaining hours of Thanksgiving to all...
- RJHighland said On this day of Thanksgiving, I would like to thank...
- JoseTomas said BTW, at the book signing, I dared to suggest him t...
- JoseTomas said Off Topic: I am just out of the conference deliver...
- Suburbanbanshee said I consulted my mom, whose aunt was a nun who acted...
- Suburbanbanshee said Vatican.va doesn’t seem to have the text of...
- robtbrown said Traductora says, But unfortunately, this current...
- Maeana said Bishop Finn is a bishop that any diocese would be...
- yatzer said Thanks, Padre, and happy Thanksgiving.
- Pnkn said I read: ” Every person reading this should h...
- IoannesPetrus said Near-belated greetings and good wishes to you, Fat...
- Traductora said Phil_NL, Good point. As for dignity, the thing tha...
- Netmilsmom said why can’t I live in Wisconsin?
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Being a Bill can be hazardous during this Administration
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow!
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV, loser) v. Card. Burke (Elector, classy)
- Your Good News?
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Here is my reading of the Via Crucis, the Way of the Cross, composed by Joseph Card. Ratzinger, once Pope, now His Holiness Benedict XVI, for the 2005 Good Friday observance at the Colosseum in Rome.
I love the St. Alphonsus … Continue reading
There is an Italian proverb: Chi fa da sé fa per tre… Someone who does a thing for himself, is as good as three people doing it for him. You do the job when you want it done and better … Continue reading
From Vatican Radio:
(Vatican Radio). We’ve all noticed the yellow band Pope Francis has been wearing on his wrist since his election.
A simple rubber band [aren't they actually silicon?] that photographers and media have brought to the attention of the public … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis gave an address to the diplomatic corps which deserves attention:
As you know, there are various reasons why I chose the name of Francis of Assisi, a familiar figure far beyond the borders of Italy and Europe, … Continue reading
Michael Voris has some good things to say about the negative reactions to Pope Francis.
I got this from Weasel Zippers (live that name):
JERUSALEM – In his address in Jerusalem today, President Obama channeled Saul Alinsky, citing the radical community organizer’s defining mantra as he urged young Israelis to “create change” to nudge their leadership … Continue reading
A priest friend sent this quote from
C. S. Lewis, A Preface to Paradise Lost:
This quality will be understood by anyone who really understands the meaning of the Middle English word solempne. This means something different, but not quite different, … Continue reading
I was right on the verge of extending my time in Rome through Holy Week… right on the verge…. then I got on the airplane at the appointed time, which I properly guessed (the day after the “inaugural” Mass). … Continue reading
A small triumph for freedom of religion and a free market.
From the New Orleans Times-Picayune:
St. Joseph Abbey casket sales can’t be stopped by funeral industry, federal court rules
A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday that monks at St. Joseph Abbey near … Continue reading