HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- aviva meriam: Father mentioned that the scariest words in the entire Bible are within this Gospel passage and the corollary in Matthew where the Lord says “I don’ t know you” ,...
- JTH: What I got from FatherR 17;s homily today: Pray to Holy Spirit more. The power of the Holy Spirit heals and saves souls.
- Kathleen10: RLseven, the mainstream church has become a mystery to me, and it was all I knew until about 5 years ago. So much has changed. Watching things unfold in this papacy, the church, has...
- teachermom24: We had the privilege of assisting at the TLM this morning (the 2.5 hour drive each way was worth it!) The homily was right on the mark about the importance of the Sacraments and...
- maternalView: All I can say is wow! So cool to get a different perspectiv e.
- Amerikaner: The only thing that rag is good for is poop-paper for caged birds.
- maternalView: @RLseven Thank you for the links. I didn’ ;t find them persuasive . https://th ewandererp ress.com/c atholic/ne ws/frontpa ge/crs-cat holic-char ity-or-sec ular-gover nment-a...
- JonathanTX: But Father! But Father! What is the Latin for the prayer you composed?
- Gregg the Obscure: Father talked a bit about DenverR 17;s world youth day – 26 years ago now. He noted that the city has grown substantia lly since then, and yet there has not been a...
- Gaetano: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- carn: The priest warned against taking one’ s place in heaven for granted and noted that the narrow door is so narrow that one has to drop some useless baggage one carries along. He finis...
- Johann: I thought only aging 1960’ ;s hippies read the Fishwrap?
- Philomena Mary: EF Low Mass, Father’s sermon was a beautiful and catechetic al exposition of lex orandi, lex credendi. It reminded me a lot of the book Nothing Superfluou s.
- Unwilling: RLseven, this is the rub. The Catholic Church, the Mystical Body, is the only place in which anyone who has heard the whole good news can remain and be faithful to God and live the...
- Semper Gumby: RLseven: Kathleen10 can speak for herself, if she wishes. However, note the derogatory remarks made by Francis and the problemati c, to put it lightly, writings. Note Spadaro et al....
- RLseven: Kathleen10 : “ 230;and you might be dishearten ed to read how many Catholics are all on board the Francis train.R 21; That’ ;s a curious statement. Can you say more about...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. It appears Fr. James Martin, MS Winters, et al seek to turn “tra ditional 8221; into a Hot-button Word to stigmatize Catholics. The goal, as you know,...
- Mike: Our Lord brought happiness to the people of the Decapolis through the miracles He worked. Likewise, devotion to Our Lady has brought happiness to the beleaguere d peoples of Europe and...
- carndt: Surprising ly our pastor started out with a slide presentati on about Hell. First he showed a picture of the head of the Jesuits. Telling us that the head of SJs said that the devil was...
- RK3: Fr. Z., I took your advice and read Prof. Pitre̵ 7;s analysis of today̵ 7;s Gospel, Luke 13:22ff. His good point is the following: “So what keeps them [“ma nyR...
- mcferran: It is customary that prayers promoted for public use be approved by ecclesiast ical authority. Has the prayer cited by Father Zuhlsdorf received such approbatio n from his own ordinary or...
- Kathleen10: Heretics and progressiv es are darling, what they can’ t control, they work to shut down. If that requires a little tattling and lots of whining, they are right there. And there...
- Kathleen10: Isn’ t that just so amazing 230;
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Our Collect today asks God to grant that His will be the basis of our “values” in concrete terms, not in mere good intentions or this world’s snares. 221;
- Lurker 59: @Mightnotb eachristia ntou Notwithsta nding that a great many recently built churches are amphitheat er, or in the half-round ,(smaller ones in the quarter round), the issue is in how...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: The priest asked me what my penance should be
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Your Planet’s On The Move
- Fishwrap’s @MichaelSWinters wants action from the US bishops. So does @FatherZ
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- More on liberal liturgists’ attacks on “ad orientem” worship, bishops and priests who support it
- Fishwrap attacks “ad orientem” worship and the strong trends they fear
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Yesterday I was able to spend the whole day with students from Harvard, Boston College, Oxford and Princeton, in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and then at Fenway Park for a ball game. What a great day. Wonderful company. … Continue reading
This morning the parish priest where I am staying in Cambridge pointed out a piece in the Boston Globe (Friday 26 April). At the finish line of the Boston Marathon, clergy were not allowed to reach the victims of the … Continue reading
Not from the day’s revelries. I promised to post an image from the Museum of St. Margaret beating the Devil with a hammer. A bit fuzzy…but hey!
I am going to a Red Sox Game tonight. Which is mine. Pre-game… Game time! our view
I am enjoying a day at the Boston Museum with some (traditional) students. I wanted to share a Christological Goldfinch. A “Mystical Marriage” scene. Remind me to post the shot of Catherine beating the Devil with a hammer! From there … Continue reading
Have you been following the controversy in Columbus? Your readers should stand up to support Bp. Campbell. Friends, this is going to happen more and more often. We are going to see myriad harassment cases in the courts, relentlessly attacking … Continue reading
Originally posted on: Apr 25, 2013 @ 8:49 This touches all the bases. Fr. Kevin Cusick is running in the Marine Corps Marathon to raise money for the Archdiocese for the Military Services. You can make a pledge to help Father … Continue reading
I am in Boston. Guys from BC picked me up at the airport. Being a Gopher Hockey kind of guy, I was a little conflicted about that. They won me over with a nice supper at a place with a … Continue reading
I like this story from Fox. Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop comes to aid of woman being attacked A Samurai sword-wielding Mormon bishop helped a neighbor woman escape a Tuesday morning attack by a man who had been stalking her. Kent … Continue reading
From a reader: I know Catholics can receive communion outside of Mass for certain reasons such as being sick and unable to attend Mass on Sunday, or as Viaticum, etc. I’m wondering if it’s possible for Catholics to receive communion … Continue reading
After the Boston bombings I posted about the serious prayer which all Catholics should say: “A subitanea et improvisa morte… From a sudden and unprovided death, spare us O Lord.” A sudden death can be a blessing. A sudden and unprovided death … Continue reading
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review there is a good article by Fr. Regis Scanlon, OFMCap. Let’s see the first part, with my emphases: Fifty years after the opening of the Second Vatican Council, the Church in the United States is … Continue reading
Dissenters and liberals are not going to like this. Today in the Pauline Chapel of the Apostolic Palace, Pope Francis celebrated Mass for his Name Day, the Feast of St. George. There is a transcript. Among the things the … Continue reading