Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Joy65: Does he not realize that this is “ASK ED OF US” NOT forced on us. No one in the Church is being forced to fast or sacrifice for sins they did not commit. We are asked to undert...
- scotus: Might it have been a mistake of the priest to have announced the burning beforehand ? Might it have been better for him just to have burned it without telling anybody? Was anything useful...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: “Wha t I find chilling is the point about ‘psy chological evaluation .’ “In the last few months I know of quite a few priests who have been forced...
- scotus: Who or what decides what is part of the ordinary magisteriu m? Does any Pope have the authority to arbitrarly decide that something new is to be considered part of the ordinary magisteriu m?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Marion Ancilla Mariae II says: However, I wish Father had not disobeyed his bishop; I wish he had not described his brother priests as “bad priests.” I wish Father Kalchik...
- Ms. M-S: It’s not really so surprising , is it? The battle has been joined, and Martin is at best (really, for his sake, at best) a useful idiot of the opposing side, yelling “Lay down...
- Benedict Joseph: Why is this fraud not following his real vocation? There is an urgent need for Uber drivers somewhere.
- Joy65: WHEN will he be silenced by the Church. He is doing more harm than good but especially as a Catholic Priest he should be definitely NOT be putting out his own opinions as the ChurchR 17;s...
- iPadre: When a priest denies the power/ necessity/ the impact of prayer and penance, something is seriously wrong. In August of 2017 Our Lady of Fatima said: “pra y much and make sacrifi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: RunsOnDeca f: did he disobey? I honestly don’ t know the whole of what he was told or who told him. I found one post by a guy in Chicago who strikes me as well-infor med....
- Anneliese: I think he’s party afraid that penance and prayer will work. Penance and prayers don’ t only offer reparation , it also leads to conversion . Why would he want anyone to have...
- Dismas: Per the second update – In the spirit of reclaiming language, the term would be “Ald erman̶ 1;, as the term “man ” indicates species first and foremost. Strange...
- mattg: When are we going to call out these posing sodomites as the Marquess of Queensberr y did to the man who had corrupted his son? That is exactly what we need right now. There should be no...
- RunsOnDecaf: Father Z, in your opinion, did he disobey? Fr Kalchik announced he would do this in a public ceremony. The Archdioces e said do not. So he did so privately. It wasn’t a public act. The...
- Anneliese: I watched a little bit of the video posted by Channel 9 and I’m annoyed by some of these protesters who say hate has no home in their neighborho od. I noticed that the signs that...
- hwriggles4: Thank you Fr. Paul Kalchik. The Church needs more priests who are leaders. The Church needs less of “Fr. Nice and Fr. Yeah Whatever.& #8221; A good deacon said months ago to a...
- tho: As Jesus Christ set an example for us, by driving the money changers out of the temple. I firmly believe that priests like Father Kalchik, along with Archbishop Vigano, are setting an example...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: KT127, I don’ t advocate at all, “ 216;let’s tear down everything you find offensive so maybe you will say nice things about us.'” ; I think priests...
- richiedel: It would be interestin g to see the midterm and final reports at this point, too, along with the records of those breakout group discussion s. It would be a bit much to keep pretend...
- JesusFreak84: “The IL for Synod-2018 reads, rather, like a draft of a Synod Final Report. 221; Been saying this would happen since the Synod was announced.
- KT127: “To avoid unnecessar y misunderst andings” Oh please. We have spent most of my life trying to “avoid unnecessar y misunderst andings” with the general public and it has done nothing for us...
- Suburbanbanshee: If a cardinal or bishop wants to command things contrary to the Faith, he should do himself, and confirm it in writing. Hearsay from flunkies is not a command, if the command is...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Chantgirl asked: “Doe s Cupich really want to be seen as punishing an abuse victim who is fighting back against the vice that lead to his abuse?R 21; Yes, he...
- SanSan: they hung that disgusting flag over the altar covering up our precious Jesus. Cdl. Bernadine stands under it in a picture that Church Militant obtained and showed us. Just so sadden.
- Sonshine135: Let me get this straight (no pun intended): +Priest finds a rainbow banner used to welcome people who keep themselves in perhaps one of the worsts mortal sins possible to a church...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Was there a good point in the Sunday sermon you heard? A good point? Share it.
A priest friend sent this. I share it for your … edification.
One of the first things I thought of as I watched that is that the same crowd who like this stuff are the one’s who say that lace on … Continue reading
Someone sent me a photo of a 1913 Ford. To put our changes over the last 100 or so years, some stats were included. Consider:
The year is 1910, over one hundred years ago. What a difference a century makes!
Here are … Continue reading
From a reader:
When I was in grade school (1990’s), I was taught by a very devout teacher that one should genuflect (kneel?) on both knees with a slight bow of the head when entering/leaving the pew during adoration of the … Continue reading
The First Gay President didn’t have his way with the President of Senegal:
Sanctimonious Obama rebuffed by African president on gay rights
President Obama got off to an awkward start in Africa where he urged tolerance and equal rights for gays and … Continue reading
Question… rather.. quaeritur: If a Catholic chooses to work in politics and help with a campaign for a candidate, should the aforementioned Catholic try to ascertain beforehand the candidates positions?
WASHINGTON, D.C., June 28, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Texas … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette:
Pres. Barack Obama:
On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, maintaining … Continue reading
From the WaPo comes some promotion of the Jesuit mystique.
Here is a great example of how the MSM promotes liberal Catholics as the cool kid’s table. America Magazine is seemingly going to eschew the “liberal” and “conservative” dichotomy, rise above … Continue reading
We have always known it would be this way, of course.
Obama’s Final Word: Catholics Must Buy/Provide Coverage for Abortion Drugs
(CNSNews.com) – The Department of Health and Human Services today released the final text of the final adjustments to the … Continue reading
A friend send this very cool link to these very cool sisters.
Meet the Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
First, I love the idea that there is a fairly new foundation interested in reparation for our sins. … Continue reading
I had a bit of a rest from posting a lot. The conference I attended was intense and I have been tired.
I have a zillion emails in my inbox and I doubt I will be able to … Continue reading
My usual Roman bar breakfast.
The days begins. We are about to have a talk by Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, for former Anglicans. He is reading a paper for Msgr. Andrew Burnham.
Newton … Continue reading
There is an especially awful story about clergy in Rome circulating right now.
Once upon a time, I was walking under the colonnade of St. Peter’s Square with an especially well-placed curial official, nay rather, institution.
I asked him if it were … Continue reading
Someone sent me a PDF of a parish bulletin for St. Patrick’s Church in Madison, WI dated 7 Feb 1965. On the front page there is this poem.
Latin’s gone, peace is too;
singin’ and shoutin’ from every pew.
Altar’s turned around, … Continue reading
I saw this on CNA:
Cardinal bars dissident priest from speaking on Archdiocesan property
Boston, Mass., Jun 27, 2013 / 02:01 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Archdiocese of Boston verified that an Austrian priest will not be allowed to speak on archdiocesan property … Continue reading