Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Suburbanbanshee said St. Robert Bellarmine was a great teacher of natur...
- Suburbanbanshee said You know, folks, I’m really worried about ho...
- AngelGuarded said Hahahaha! A good laugh! What made me spit out my c...
- Konichiwa said *could ¯_(?)_/¯
- Konichiwa said Cardinal Burke; he’s a man whom I admire, an...
- majuscule said The church is Star of the Sea In San Francisco. Ma...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said PaterAugustinus, if you find the Old Office manage...
- JesusFreak84 said *Headdesk* Either the Holy Father directly wants...
- Johannes de Silentio said Is it any surprise that a prelate who actually bel...
- Giuseppe said San Diego sadly lost their new bishop at a young a...
- Charivari Rob said I see in a few comments above where some seem to b...
- wmeyer said “Happily, it seems to me that Crux has the p...
- Cantor said Whatever became of the Benedict XVI Institute for...
- marcelus said And if none of this happens??
- Sonshine135 said Random thoughts: “The sensual parts of Catho...
- Robbie said When advisors delivered bad news to President Rona...
- Malta’d Burke? * Wednesday’s Roundup | Malta’d Burke? * Wednesday’s Roundup | Social Dashboard said [...] Z takes a deep breath here, but needless to...
- kpoterack said “However, Card. Burke will surely be a parti...
- Scoutsout said I’m part of the nutty Left you so graciously...
- David In Colorado said My question is this: If you follow the money behi...
- ChristoetEcclesiae said I am blessed to know Cardinal Burke a very little....
- Sonshine135 said I suppose that Fishwrap doesn’t realize that...
- SPWang said I said: “…get ready for a blow…” Meaning? Gotcha...
- SPWang said Annibale Bugnini was exiled for a time….And...
- Blas said “I’ll bet he’ll be even more vocal.” P...
- Joe in Canada said I presume Mr Cahill noticed all these young people...
- Eugene said If this is true, I am having a very very hard time...
- LarryW2LJ said I tire of “fundamental transformations”...
- scholastica said Knowing a dear priest who struggled to get the lit...
- benedetta said As to these high school youth: studies show that t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: June 2013
I had a bit of a rest from posting a lot. The conference I attended was intense and I have been tired.
I have a zillion emails in my inbox and I doubt I will be able to … Continue reading
My usual Roman bar breakfast.
The days begins. We are about to have a talk by Msgr. Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, for former Anglicans. He is reading a paper for Msgr. Andrew Burnham.
Newton is explaining … Continue reading
There is an especially awful story about clergy in Rome circulating right now.
Once upon a time, I was walking under the colonnade of St. Peter’s Square with an especially well-placed curial official, nay rather, institution.
I asked him if it were … Continue reading
Someone sent me a PDF of a parish bulletin for St. Patrick’s Church in Madison, WI dated 7 Feb 1965. On the front page there is this poem.
Latin’s gone, peace is too;
singin’ and shoutin’ from every pew.
Altar’s turned around, … Continue reading
I saw this on CNA:
Cardinal bars dissident priest from speaking on Archdiocesan property
Boston, Mass., Jun 27, 2013 / 02:01 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Archdiocese of Boston verified that an Austrian priest will not be allowed to speak on archdiocesan property … Continue reading
Another sign of the decay:
DOJ cuts funding of Young Marines program for mentioning ‘God’
A Louisiana sheriff is standing firm on not accepting Department of Justice funds for the Young Marines program after he was told he couldn’t mention God if … Continue reading
We are getting underway on the 3rd Day of the Sacred Liturgy Conference.
The first speaker is Fr. Michael Uwe Lang of the Brompton Oratory, one Sacred Architecture at the Service of the Church.
Non linguistic signs may be more important than … Continue reading
I had an email from the Benedictines at Norcia in Italy. They sent the text of a sermon given some time ago by Fr. Cassian Folsom, OSB. Given recent events and the sermon’s topic, it occurred to me that we … Continue reading
From a reader:
During Confession, the parochial vicar at my parish insists that I say the Act of Contrition after absolution, when I have left the confessional. So I say it in the pew prior to doing my penance. I think … Continue reading
Today real marriage and true sexual identity was dealt a blow by one of the most dangerous institutions on the planet, the Supreme Court of these United States of America.
What was the reaction of “The First Gay President”?
Obama: I won’t … Continue reading