First, please remember to check YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS:
Some posts as they scroll off the front page:
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
- Spare the rod and spoil the chant!
- Long lifetimes of faith and prayer
- CNA: Latin American religious backtrack on Pope and gay lobby
- CWN: Liberal group sees ‘McCarthyism’ in criticism of CCHD
- Lighter Fare… not so much. POLL!
- LONDON: SPIRIT IN THE CITY – 12-15 June
- “NO! You may NOT do that!”
- VERY COOL PRIEST with a SUPER COOL IDEA for HARD IDENTITY Catholicism
- Wherein I write of Requiem Masses, of death and prudence and perennial wisdom
- Brick by Brick! Bishop by Bishop!
- QUAERITUR: Indulgences for 1st Blessings by priests… again
- Mass in the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite… right.
- “Wake Up! Religious Liberty at Risk in USA”
- WDTPRS 10th Ordinary Sunday – Wherein I offer really haaaard stuff, I rant, and I post a frivolous POLL
- NFL player refused White House visit because Pres. Obama said “God bless you Planned Parenthood”
- Bp. Paprocki in a hostile crowd tells it like it is
- Problems registering?
- CRI DE COEUR: “If there were no more priests hardly anyone would be crying about it.”
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- IRS bullying of conservatives and pro-lifers
- Ass. of Catholic Priests formed to push passé liberal agenda
- Fr Z’s Kitchen: prepper food edition
Thanks are do to reader who have sent items from my amazon.com wish list! Among the nice things which came are a disk of The Quiet Man (fantastic with blu-ray and one of the best movies ever made. You can’t beat John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara!), some gun cleaning supplies and targets (I must go kill some paper later), some non-Mystic Monk Coffee (mirabile dictu), Treason: A Catholic Novel of Elizabethan England, lots of Elicoidali (pasta) and San Marzano tomatoes (which I plan on using during our annual summer priests gathering in July – Bp. Morlino is joining us and I am again doing some of the cooking), A DVD of Edith Stein: The Seventh Chamber,
Joseph Ratzinger in Communio: Vol. 1, The Unity of the Church (Ressourcement?: Retrieval & Re?newal in Catholic Thought), and some other greatly appreciated items. Sometimes things don’t come with packing slips with the names of the senders, but the Holy Angels know who you are, and your angels are always present at Mass.
Speaking of donations, I was hoping to go to Rome at the end of the month for a stellar conference on liturgy. Donations are not faring particularly well this month, for one reason or another and I may have to cancel. I also had to retire my old car, a ’92. It is getting to the wire for Rome and I have to make a decision soon and get on the ticket, etc. But anything that was sent already and designated for Rome will be set aside, indeed, for Rome. I keep track. I have a waving VATICAN FLAG around the blog for donations for this trip. FWIW.
Speaking of Mass, I will celebrate Mass for my benefactors on SATURDAY 15 June. It is a joy and duty to remember benefactors in prayer. When you send me items and when you make donations using the button on the side bar or other links, I include you in my prayers for benefactors. Mass will be the Votive Mass “Sancta Maria in Sabbato”. There is a seminarian staying here at the chancery with us during the summer. He wants to learn the older form. Hopefully he will be able to serve: brick by brick.