- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- PA mom said Mark Steyn has thoughts on the loss of work and it...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Mike said That any attempt to justify the piece must be made...
- markomalley said Please record a stat for each day this week (even...
- Reginald Pole said Hopefully the DIA’s art will be declared not...
- TXKathi said Chiming in -
- Joe of St Thérèse said The good judge is right in his analysis. He doesn&...
- Xmenno said I recently returned from my second trip to Rome, h...
- robtbrown said Father Maurer says: In the meantime, lectors are...
- Gail F said Also, it looks more Danish to me than German.
- JARay said I rather like what Andrew Napolitano is saying.
- Gail F said I’m sure I’ve seen a tabernacle by thi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Patra: I should be around.
- LadyMarchmain said Basher, your point is well taken, and I would even...
- Patra said Oops! I meant to say this Sunday at 9:30 Mass. S...
- Patra said I love wandering through the DIA. I’ve vis...
- jmgarciajr said Venerator Sti Lot: Here’s my understanding o...
- Shaolin, Snow, and Hope | confusionandknitting said [...] here. This time its on hope. Hope that we sh...
- gatormom said I don’t understand. I agree with everything...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Wow! I just explored the St. Nicholas Center page...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Something of possible interest I found, looking fo...
- Terry1 said After two years of reading and through the grace o...
- Kathleen10 said FrDulli, what an uncomfortable moment that must ha...
- Uxixu said @annmarie Government interference is hurting far m...
- lucindatcm said Thanks Father! I keep running into the word hope....
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Is there anything this judge said that pertains to...
- samgr said It strikes me that those whose hometown was turned...
- PA mom said If I were trying to encourage very ideologically o...
- PA mom said Thank you boxer paws and others for your prayers....
- pgs said In the same cathedral, one of the confessionals ha...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: July 2013
After having power and internet losses for most of yesterday and part of today, and after looking at my inbox, and after looking at the spammer attacks I have to clean up, and after looking at the news about the … Continue reading
A shot of one of my Say The Black Do The Red mugs “in the wild”.
These mugs can do double-duty, of course. I have a Latin version of the same near to hand and it holds pens and reading glasses.
But … Continue reading
The nearly ubiquitous John Allen, the solitary boast of the National Schismatic Reporter, has notes from a wide-ranging interview Pope Francis gave to reporters while on the airplane heading back to Rome.
I have been musing to myself for a while … Continue reading
From a reader:
In confessing a sin is it necessary to describe (giving some details of) the sin rather than merely indicating the name (species) of the sin?
You don’t have to go into great detail, but you ought to provide enough … Continue reading
I have been saying that we are going to see more direct, physical attacks on the Church – on churches – from both pro-homosexuality and pro-abortion (pro-sterility and pro-death) advocates.
I saw this at CNA with my emphases and comments:
Abortion rights … Continue reading
I was blithely typing along, and THUD… BEEP!! My UPS (uninterruptible power sources) sprang to bleeping life.
“It finally happened,” quoth I… or words to that effect.
Here at the SPTDV we have no electricity.
Since I just posted this, I gather that … Continue reading
Was there a good point in the sermon you heard for your Sunday Mass?
Letter by letter.
At the blog Socon or Bust I saw a post about a woman who had been writing to her local bishop for some years about liturgical abuses at her parish. The bishop, predictably, did nothing.
She wrote to the … Continue reading
¿Este será el ‘lío’ que quiere el Papa?
Some young people could be taking Pope Francis at his word when the other day he said, precisely to young people, “quiero lío en las dioceses… I want a mess in dioceses”. Francis … Continue reading