Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- iamlucky13 said “The stations are, of course, highly stylize...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said I was not baptized as an infant, because in my mot...
- CruceSignati said But Father, but Father, they say “peace to M...
- Dave N. said Looks to me like Alan Gross’s release was th...
- PostCatholic said Ahem. Two citizens, one who won’t be named....
- ChrisRawlings said The AP is reporting that American Jews and Pope Be...
- DisturbedMary said What’s next? Will we be seeing Al Sharpton a...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said … and from what I’ve read, I’ll...
- ocalatrad said My family on my dad’s side is of Cuban desce...
- Suburbanbanshee said The Vatican website has a ton of stuff available,...
- donadrian said I am pleased that there are still some people like...
- Giuseppe said I agree with the Roman Catholic Church that knowle...
- Suburbanbanshee said Marriages that don’t take place between bapt...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: carols and “Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing...
- de_cupertino said JABV – the seminary near me brought back Lat...
- Suburbanbanshee said The first purpose of sacred music is to “sin...
- Peregrinator said Pope Francis is not the first Pope to oppose the U...
- Traductora said I don’t think the Pope got anything out of t...
- JABV said Dear Father Z or any other priests: any idea if to...
- Henry Edwards said For some years I’ve recited the full Liturgy of th...
- FrAnt said Fr. Z., priest to priest. Is it a sin to pray for...
- Theodore said Dennis Prager on his show today (discussing the sc...
- Suburbanbanshee said YoungLatinMassGuy – I think most people who...
- Chrisc said I am certainly no fan of Obama…..However, I...
- Kathleen10 said Rob22, not too long ago I would have considered th...
- Suburbanbanshee said I’ve never seen a butt baptism or foot bapti...
- gracie said May now Pope Francis will get involved with the fr...
- Gail F said When I started a lay program at a seminary 12+ yea...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I freely admit that I’m something of an oddb...
- iPadre said I was cheated by my seminary training. Ordained in...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
- Blog problems – UPDATES
- St. Lucy and Advent Ember Week
- CD of beautiful Christmas music – VIDEO
- ADVENTCAzT 14: Mary’s reaction to the angel unfolds in three steps
- ASK FATHER: Will I have my pets again in heaven?
- Congratulations to a long-time participant and commentator for his ORDINATION!
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ASK FATHER: Direction of the couple exchanging vows
- ADVENTCAzT 13: “A type of the manly vocation”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: August 2013
From a reader:
I know that the use of Latin is good for large international Masses (and for parish Masses, too…!), but what if, say, a priest and penitent didn’t speak the same language? Could a confession be made in Latin?
Sure! … Continue reading
A couple things popped up on the screen today.
First, Pope Francis has finally named a Secretary of State: Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Apostolic Nuncio to Venezuela. He starts on 15 October 2013.
Also, the Holy Father assigned Spanish-born Fr. Fernando Vergez, LC, … Continue reading
Have you seen this? It is a worthy successor of the VW Darth Vader commercial.
This blog is under constant attack by spammers and various other internet trolls (my they roast in the deepest cinders of Hell, as Dr. Maturin would put it).
I, therefore, require that people register to comment. In the registration form there … Continue reading
It has finally happened.
I have at long last – for my sins – been summoned on pain of censures to appear at an ecclesiastical tribunal.
Here is an article about electronic surveillance and you. I have always liked Montana.
Montana the first state to pass spy law
Montana made history this spring after passing the first state law to prevent the government from spying on anyone in … Continue reading
For your kind attention:
Friday 30 August, 7 PM at Detroit’s Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, the Most Reverend Donald Hanchon, auxiliary bishop of Detroit, will be celebrant for Mass in the Extraordinary Form. The Mass is organized by Juventutem Michigan, an apostolate … Continue reading
Where in the world is Sr. Joan?
For a while I have been wondering where Sr. Joan Chittister has been. Shouldn’t she be back in Egypt again, helping the Egyptians to sort out there problems? Shouldn’t she have been at … Continue reading
I would appreciate it if other bloggers would link to this so that we can get a really large response.
Every once in a while I run into someone who doesn’t know about the Eucharistic fast before reception of Holy Communion.
We … Continue reading
From a reader:
I woke up this morning and had an epiphany from the Holy Spirit- I’m an ass. I don’t want to be one anymore, so I would like to confess this and amend my life ASAP.
One problem. I don’t … Continue reading