It ain’t a day game, but HEY HEY!

By complete coincidence I think it is social media day here at The Friendly Confines!

Alas the EAMUS CATULI sign didn’t show up very well.

Full moon rising!

Cubs imploded, right on schedule.

Then off to Chinese on the South Side… the incredible Lao Sze Chuan. Best Chinese I’ve had … just about anywhere.

Cabbage and hot oil.

Lamb and cumin.

Eggplant in garlic sauce.

“Tony’s Chicken”… 3 kinds of pepper.

These are unreal.  Shrimp fried with a coating of orange and mayonnaise.  Odd sounding, but try one and you can’t stop eating them

This entry was posted in Just Too Cool, On the road, What Fr. Z is up to and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to It ain’t a day game, but HEY HEY!

1. acardnal says:

The Cubs? They are battling with the Brewers for last place in the Central Division. (sigh)

2. kneeling catholic says:

Thank you, Father, for the ‘hey hey’ tribute the Jack Brickhouse (RIP)!

3. Marc M says:

Welcome to Chicago. I assume you were at Wrigley to administer Extreme Unction?

4. MarcAnthony says:

Don’t look now in the AL, but my Yankees are getting ready to pull out a comeback for the ages. Forget the second wild card, the division still isn’t out of reach yet!

5. Ryan says:

Lao Szechuan is my favorite restaurant in Chicago and the best Chinese that I too have ever eaten.

6. Midwest St. Michael says:

Did Castro keep his head in the whole game? He was jerked the other day for letting a runner at third score on a short fly-ball to left after catch. (HEHE) Just lolly-gagged around out there.

Go Cards!

7. Supertradmum says:

Hello from a die-hard Cardinals fan….but I have seen the Cubbies in Chicago. You were not too far from my home-town of Davenport, Iowa, which has a beautiful baseball stadium, which has just been vote in as the best minor league park. I grew up going to games with the three brothers and my dad, and my mom, when she could spare the time from baking, cleaning, etc., but I think all of us going was a break for her. Happy memories…

8. Art says:

Welcome to Chicago. Maybe you might have time for a blognic? If you’re happy with Lao Szechuan, it’s part of a group of restaurants that showcase different regional Chinese cuisine including Beijing, Shanghai, Yunnan, and Hunan.

Another restaurant worth checking out is Joy Yee’s:

9. Suburbanbanshee says:

That Chinese food looks incredibly good.

10. AvantiBev says:

Hope you get a chance to see the beautiful new organ just installed at St. John Cantius and our wonderful renovation (not wreckovation) going on.

11. Matthew78 says:

I received the exact same fortune last night after eating Chinese.

12. Peggy R says:

You coulda trekked up to Milwaukee to see a real team win a day game.

Go Cards!

13. joanofarcfan says:

I checked out their very extensive menu. What are those organge/mayo shrimp called? Is it a main course or an appetizer? I’ve lived in Chicago my whole life and never been there and really like Chinese. Gotta go there soon.

14. joanofarcfan says:

I found it…..just like you said, “crispy shrimp in mayonnaise sauce, “Under “non-spicey options.”

15. Colm says:

Hopefully next time you can make to a real baseball game at Comiskey Park! ;)

16. Uh–YUM!?!! Those photos have me salivating, but it’s late, the kids are asleep, and I can’t do a Chinese food run. Thanks a lot for the torture, Father!!!

17. Konichiwa says:

Oh! I like eggplant in that style. I have meatless Wednesdays along with the Fridays, so the other day I had my usual veggie omlette filled with green onion and some cilantro fried so that it’s moist and slightly runny. Just the other day though, I dressed the omlette with eggplant on top, and it made it all so much better. Of course oriental white rice was part of the meal.