Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Dismas: To borrow somewhat from Aesop, does not a braying jackass think himself a roaring lion? What then can a jackass, having been shamed by the roar of a true lion, do to console himself? He...
- Akita: Father Z., I believe the move to Latin exclusivel y will occur within 20 years. I pray I live to see the day. Fathers should just jump in after listening to your tutorials. So what if they...
- frjimt: encouragem ent is needed, remind the young priests that it will also help with other languages, especially spanish! we need to be able to reverently say both forms of the Holy Sacrifice of...
- GordonB: A friend of mine, without a lick of Latin went into the Choir loft and with no practice was thrown right into Gregorian chant and a crash course in Latin and has been welcomed despite his...
- mitdub: one wonders, did he marry her for the money?
- Amerikaner: Spot on. Voris, Arroyo, et al need to keep things in the forefront to help prevent the prelates from setting their nothing-to -see-here agendaR 17;s.
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: I’m so sorry for what our brothers and sisters in the Boston area have had to go through. Horrendous . Those of you who have kept the faith are my heroes. “...
- Massachusetts Catholic: Cardinal Sean O’Ma lley, one of the nine and the Pope’ ;s point man on abuse in the US is missing in action. He’s done very little here in Boston, and said...
- richiedel: Just as in the case of “bui lding bridges 221; with homosexual persons, I don’ t know how really interested holograms would be be in anyoneR 17;s efforts to make them...
- mharden: Transcript here, for those preferring written format: https://ww w.churchmi litant.com /video/epi sode/vorte x-cupich-a nd-wuerl
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: The most disturbing thing to me is that he is a teacher of middle school aged children. This man clearly has issues with drawing a line between fantasy and exter...
- mepoindexter: That was the first thing I thought. It was a little weird that Chupich jumped up so quickly. There are no coincidenc es in these things.
- JustaSinner: Prime example why Japan’s population base is crashing. No immigratio n and men marrying illusions& #8230;
- Unwilling: eLGBTQ
- Fr_Sotelo: I’m sure that if we just “put our heads̶ 1; together, we can decide on some lofty meaning for this altar. Perhaps we’l l think it’s “hea d and shoulde...
- Mariana2: “A great argument for the antependiu m.” A great argument for a well aimed grenade.
- Olecrochet: I had the same thought. Rows and rows of skulls.
- Ellen: Every time I think they’ ;ve reached the bottom, they dig a hole. What a hideosity.
- Markus: A. It ain’ t ART if you have to explain it. B. A fine example when an atheist artist is commission ed for liturgical art. C. The “art ist” is evidently jealous of previ...
- Bellarmino Vianney: There are a lot of homosexual ists in the field of “art ”. Homosexual ists hate God’ s Authentic Church as well as authentic Catholics. They get revenge...
- Fr. Reader: Thank you very much for the reply.
- Andreas: When one sees such cases where ‘art ’ desecrates rather than promotes the sacred, then one can only conjecture that for no small number of priests and bishops who approve and...
- Robert_Caritas: @Fr. Reader, there are quite a few issues on which I think Balthasar is wrong. But then again, the same could be said for most doctors of the Church. You have to read them as a...
- tamranthor: By the time you are pregnant, you already made the choice. Now, if you need to, you can choose to raise your kid or give him or her up for adoption, if you need another choice. Murder...
- JKnott: Could it be a commemorat ion of the French Revolution ? The Age of Enlightenm ent!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 2 September 2013
A reader sent me a video which I want to pass along.
Alas, the music was recorded in a concert during a music festival rather in during a Mass or singing of the hours. This is an Alma Redemptoris Mater for 6 … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is there a limit to number of statues permitted in a church or chapel?
The first law that governs the number of statues in a church is the law of physics whereby it is evident that two tangible objects … Continue reading
From a priest:
Can you suggest some good hymnals? I just became pastor and we are in great need of change.
Let’s help this guy.
Readers! Have at.
First: For the Extraordinary Form – HERE
From a reader:
The Holy Father has declared that next Saturday, September 7th, will be a day of prayer and fast for peace, for the whole Church.
Do you think that, particularly as far as fast is concerned, that means only an … Continue reading
… how’s your coffee supply?
Did you know that Mystic Monk Coffee’s monthly pick is…
The Sumatran coffees are among my favorites. Free shipping on orders over $45.
And they have Tea.
So, how has your Labor Day weekend been going?
Do you have some good news to share with the readership?