Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Arele said BLBOregon, did you hear the new good news that Pop...
- mschu528 said Get rid of the table altar and it would be just ab...
- JonathanCatholic said ‘But if the authority of Peter and his succe...
- The Egyptian said if I,m not to late, see more pictures at https://p...
- excalibur said Hubbard the Horrible has much to answer for. Isn...
- BLB Oregon said “Just how difficult is for the Vicar of Chri...
- amenamen said Local input from the fox community? https://www.yo...
- Sword40 said Agree R J Highland. The Table is such a distractio...
- Tina in Ashburn said Reading the old Catholic stuff helps me to underst...
- acardnal said I wonder what they did with their old crucifix? T...
- acardnal said Sorry. The above Collect prayer I posted was inadv...
- Legisperitus said Agree on St. Patrick’s Day. My Irish-Americ...
- amenamen said Whoa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRUmkqMIe8
- acardnal said wolfeken, Same Collect in the OF Mass today, too,...
- Legisperitus said Great fisking.
- MarkJ said I would love to see a “Before Destruction...
- Sonshine135 said This article took me back to the video you had on...
- Mike said Thank you for the photos, Fr. Z. It looks like a...
- wolfeken said I would note that these regulations were not just...
- Nathan said From the letter, as well as experience, it seems t...
- Cantor said It would be interesting to read the responses to t...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said mormormax says: One thing that kept popping into m...
- The Masked Chicken said “Roughly speaking, then, you would need to h...
- teechrlady said I was thinking along the lines of Magpie. The bef...
- Father G said Beautiful, except the altar railing looks incomple...
- boko fittleworth said My math was wrong. Hubbard was appointed by Paul...
- boko fittleworth said It would be interesting to research what led JPII...
- BLB Oregon said I wish the poor people who had seen those things l...
- BLB Oregon said If they were to watch CPG Grey’s presentatio...
- McCall1981 said Pope Francis’ episcopal appointments so far...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 27 September 2013
A long time ago now, I wrote a prayer for people to use before they got online and used the internet. Originally in Latin, it has been translated into many languages (sometimes more than once).
My page with all the … Continue reading
On YouTube someone posted a filmette of still photos of Benedict XVI saying Mass on 1 September with some of his old students. You might remember that for many years he would meet with some former (hah… current!) pupils for … Continue reading
When it comes to ordinary pasta asciutta I prefer De Cecco to Barilla.
That said, I’ll be buying more Barilla for a while.
I was sent a link from The Guardian:
Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over ‘classic family’ remarks
Chairman Guido Barilla causes outrage in Italy … Continue reading
Over at The Sensible Bond there is a must read post. Here is a sample with my emphases:
The phoney war in the Church: five linguistic thoughts on THAT interview
Like speed, language is also war. It’s the stuff of propaganda. It’s the … Continue reading
The Fishwrap‘s solitary boast, the nearly ubiquitous John L. Allen, Jr., has good text on (inter alia) the persecution of Christians – a topic on which he is über-credible. He includes comments made by Card. Turkson. This deserves your attention:
Next … Continue reading
Today is the feast of the great St. Vincent de Paul. Here is his entry in the Roman Martyrology:
Memoria sancti Vincentii de Paul, qui, spiritu sacerdotali plenus, Parisiis in Gallia pauperibus addictus, in facie qualiscumque dolentis vultum agnoscebat Domini sui; … Continue reading