When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Siculum said I’d have liked to have that Jeep, on whose h...
- SKAY said I am so very sorry to hear this. May he rest in pe...
- Tim in Dixie said I got involved with same SF types at the Fishwrap,...
- Fatherof7 said He presided at the Mass of the Feast of the Assump...
- Benedict Joseph said It seems too obvious, it must be passé by now, but...
- frjim4321 said The death of any person is a sobering event for ev...
- chantgirl said I’m trying to picture St. Patrick explaining...
- FrDulli said This seems to me Pelagian. Everyone lives and has...
- Packrraat said Very moving to see this.
- mburn16 said Battle of Makin was fought Nov. 20-23, 1943. The 2...
- chantgirl said In another episode of catholic Democrats behaving...
- fionam said “they have grown their souls” Unbeliev...
- Auggie said “Nothing in this universe is so unwise as th...
- yzerman123 said Rather than just put out fires, we also have to pr...
- The Cobbler said Is it possible she’s simply got the soul and...
- Akita said A heapin’ helpin’ of psychobabble. I...
- steve51b31 said In all charity ……. Oh my, oh my!!!
- Gregorius said Another reason for Summorum Pontificum- as Fr. Hun...
- Reconverted Idiot said Moved me to tears.
- Priam1184 said Requiem aeternam dona ei et lux perpetua luceat ei...
- New Sister said What a beautiful sight. I tried to ID the left sh...
- Alsatian said Puzzled at why the patient had died, the doctor fi...
- acardnal said Thank God for military chaplains who serve on the...
- Supertradmum said Why are people so upset with these bad, disobedien...
- Gail F said Elizabeth D has been consistently charitable towar...
- Supertradmum said My comments here…http://supertradmum-etheldr...
- Kathleen10 said @kimberly jean, your point is a good one. Our hea...
- Titus said Did chaplains in forward zones like that have perm...
- kimberley jean said Most of these women have reached the age where you...
- Andrew Saucci said This fits into the style of St. John Paul II, whic...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
- ASK FATHER: What’s with all the kissing in the Extraordinary Form?
- ASK FATHER: 58 years old, never confessed, given Communion or confirmed. What now?
- ASK FATHER: Is it okay to have an Armenian Apostolic member as godparent for a Catholic?
- ASK FATHER: Does drinking alcohol before wedding affect validity of marriage?
- ASK FATHER: I made a hasty promise to God. Now what?
- Happy Birthday Holy Father! Benedict XVI – 88 yrs
- ASK FATHER: Marriage in “another suitable place”
- Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga: ongoing synodal process until result is obtained?
- Card. Brandmüller speaks bluntly
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- Regarding recent repasts
- The Wanderer’s Open Letter to Pope Francis
- Pontifical Mass in Hong Kong
- Card. Sarah in a new, wide-ranging interview
- Interesting SSPX development in Buenos Aires
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PETITION TO POPE FRANCIS: Declare St. John Paul II “Doctor of the Church”!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- WDTPRS “Low” Sunday, “Mercy” Sunday, “Quasimodo” Sunday, Sunday “in albis”
- Do you pray for the priests who gave you sacraments?
- It looks like he “judged” after all!
- Card. Napier corrects RNS’s David Gibson about “the Pope’s theologian”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 30 September 2013
More Francis Effect™ Analysis: “try crossing a rainbow-stole wearing priest in crappy sandals talking about love”
The other day I posted about an entry at The Sensible Bond. He is watching Francis and listening to rhetoric and considering their effects, especially in light of TBI™. We are all seeing what I call The Francis Effect™.
He is … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Is filing for divorce always a mortal sin? Fr. Z reveals a little known option for struggling spouses.
From a reader:
I had a wonderful marriage for the first 21 years. Now, my wife filed for divorce and I am being forced, by threat of law, to cooperate with it.
The Catechism calls divorce a “grave sin”. Does that mean … Continue reading
From a reader:
On the way home from Mass this evening, my daughter, who is a leader in our parish’s CYM and very active in the Church, mentioned that she was going to an Altar server meeting this week. So, I … Continue reading
Dreher: “Pope Francis only confirms my decision to leave” the Catholic Church. A HARD look at where we are.
There is an intense piece by Rod Dreher over at TIME. The whole thing is worth a close look, but here are some longish samples.
NB: While I disagree with Dreher’s decision to leave the Catholic Church, I sure understand how … Continue reading
Pope Francis announced during a consistory the dates for the canonization of John XXIII and John Paul II. 27 April 2014 – Sunday of Divine Mercy.
Latin, of course, because of the nature of this official papal act.
Tonight it happened to me to view a charming movie, involving one of the great art galleries of the world, some children, and a flea market.
I am charmed.