Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Amateur Scholastic said Oh, and I echo Joseph-Mary’s praises of Clea...
- Amateur Scholastic said I recommend an article by Fr Thomas Crean OP calle...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said How my little layman’s mind works: Pray the...
- John of Chicago said I hope this is a question for a theologian–n...
- Matt Robare said If the priest readisayceleprays Mass, what do the...
- jameeka said MariaG: since no one else is chiming in, I believe...
- Fr Martin Fox said A couple of folks in this thread said they were th...
- Fr Martin Fox said I am sorry to say I’ve experienced some of w...
- brhenry said With all due respect, SP is not the answer. The EF...
- Mike said Two or three rants of my own: 1a. The imposition...
- frahobbit said It seems I was told that at every Mass there are u...
- Mike said We are the spiritual version of Belgium. We now ha...
- Fr. Matthew said “When Ascension, and other great feasts, is...
- ChrisRawlings said My diocese is by no means perfect, but when I hear...
- Orphrey said This report from First Things is really saddening,...
- Joseph-Mary said There is an interesting new book from Dr. Peter Kw...
- Latin Mass Type said I heard one priest bring up the immorality of in v...
- uptoncp said There is, I would suggest, one occasion when the t...
- little women said I have been in my current parish for 15 years and...
- Robbie said A perfect, yet sad, recitation of the fruits from...
- Gretchen said I am thinking of a priest in my diocese who began...
- The Astronomer said This is why I have to drive 45 minutes to my paris...
- yatzer said I don’t understand what a “traditional...
- Kathleen10 said These are practical and also supernatural matters....
- Maria G said What is the striking music played near the end of...
- JBS said We are the spiritual version of Belgium. We now h...
- Mike said This is sadly very common. On a good note, at the...
- Chiara said Father – I read this article and was deeply...
- robtbrown said Allow me one last kick against the long dead steed...
- sweetnay said The only Charismatic Parish in our Diocese practic...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 30 September 2013
More Francis Effect™ Analysis: “try crossing a rainbow-stole wearing priest in crappy sandals talking about love”
The other day I posted about an entry at The Sensible Bond. He is watching Francis and listening to rhetoric and considering their effects, especially in light of TBI™. We are all seeing what I call The Francis Effect™.
He is … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Is filing for divorce always a mortal sin? Fr. Z reveals a little known option for struggling spouses.
From a reader:
I had a wonderful marriage for the first 21 years. Now, my wife filed for divorce and I am being forced, by threat of law, to cooperate with it.
The Catechism calls divorce a “grave sin”. Does that mean … Continue reading
From a reader:
On the way home from Mass this evening, my daughter, who is a leader in our parish’s CYM and very active in the Church, mentioned that she was going to an Altar server meeting this week. So, I … Continue reading
Dreher: “Pope Francis only confirms my decision to leave” the Catholic Church. A HARD look at where we are.
There is an intense piece by Rod Dreher over at TIME. The whole thing is worth a close look, but here are some longish samples.
NB: While I disagree with Dreher’s decision to leave the Catholic Church, I sure understand how … Continue reading
Pope Francis announced during a consistory the dates for the canonization of John XXIII and John Paul II. 27 April 2014 – Sunday of Divine Mercy.
Latin, of course, because of the nature of this official papal act.
Tonight it happened to me to view a charming movie, involving one of the great art galleries of the world, some children, and a flea market.
I am charmed.