Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: What a delightful collage of your first day in Roma.
- DebbieInCT: wow, what fun, especially those wonderful **bells**! ! thanks so much, Fr. Z!
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: The appearance of the coffee (?) in the cup reminded me of that of butterscot ch pudding. And as for the garlic – would you say that’ ;s “gar lic that...
- un-ionized: TonyO, what you say about consent and the law and difference of power is spot on. This was the worst kind of sexual harassment , the kind ending in rape.
- Malta: Mortadella looks to die for! It’s been 20 years since I’ve been in Italy, and found a dive in Florence that had the best pasta I’ve ever had; but more recently I was in the...
- TonyO: while for the other faction there would be little problem, as there was only evidence of consensual homosexual activity with adults and while it is a sin everybody sins, so it should not...
- LatinMan: The joke of the headline is perfect, since it conveyed the sadness and anger legitimate ly present. I very much admire Msgr. Pope as a fathful and charitable witness to the True Faith....
- jaykay: Thanks for the heads-up of the A. Esolen book, Father. It seems just like what I’m looking for at the present. I’ve pre-ordere d it on Kindle, via Z-link. Charivari Rob: ̶...
- rcg: Hah! This is the good kind of click bait.
- Joy65: Was at a weekend retreat called “Wom en at the feet of Jesus̶ 1; here in Louisiana and Father gave one long absolutely amazing homily. He touched on the theme of all of the women...
- monstrance: The airport control tower is cross-like
- Joe in Canada: Father, you say “I will not be getting either of these books today.R 21; I recommend you not get either of them ever. Check them out in the local public library before you...
- Eoin OBolguidhir: Urbs in horto, the motto (epithet?) of Chicago. Mike Royko, of storied memory, used to say it should have been, “Ubi est mea?” ; [Urbs in horto. However, when you order...
- BigRed47: Soteriolog ical? That had me run to my Webster 217;s. [THANK YOU for looking it up, instead of weak-assed “Wha t’s that mean?̶ 1;]
- Malta: @Dismas: I agree with you. When I am in a conspiracy minded mood I think of Our Lady of Akita saying that there would be “bis hop against bishopR 21; and then “fir e will fall...
- carn: @Dismas: Maybe. But i suspect that the evil one “hap pily” ; plays both sides of this conflict; and that therefore one should avoid too much animosity towards the other side, as...
- Bellarmino Vianney: It is worth reminding clergy, prelates, and laity that a person can go through life thinking (presuming ) they are going to end up in heaven but instead will be surprised by God...
- Dismas: @carn – There are only four ways that can conceivabl y resolve this situation without conflict. – Scenario 1: Christ returns in power and glory. The End. – Scenario 2:...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Msgr. Pope’ ;s comment on ViganóR 17;s concern for the salvation of souls is something I noted and mentioned to one of my priests. Viganó speaks like a Catho...
- Ivan: Of course we are there. Of course this is that time.
- Gabriel Syme: ++Vigano is a courageous and noble Prelate. I pray his interventi ons have a positive effect. His good example highlights the cowardice of so many Prelates who just sit back in...
- jflare29: What really bugs me is, much of these relatio seem to essentiall y be a shorter regurgitat ion of Vatican II, without actually referencin g Vatican II. That is to say, they present much...
- Charivari Rob: Personally , I was looking at the bottom shelf in the photo, Father. There̵ 7;s untapped potential for interestin g reading & wry commentary in those two titles. The Secrets...
- carn: “Som etimes, friends, we just have to have the food fight, don’t we. The factions are at a point now where nothing other than providenti ally guided upheaval will sort it out.” ;...
- Johann: God bless Archbishop Vigano. We must keep him in our prayers.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Rome – Day 1: Supplies and Bells
- Pope reacts to Viganò and #ViganòTestimony 3.0
- Angels and liturgy
- My View For Awhile: Roman Week
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The reports of the various language circles of the Synod (“walking together”) are out.
- Romeward Bound for Summorum Pontificum 2018 and Masses for Benefactors
- WDTPRS – 29th Ordinary Sunday: Pregnancy and Glory
- Liturgical Ordo for the upcoming liturgical year, 2019.
- Terrific Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Yes, great things are also going on and YOU can participate.
- #ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
- The massive, glaring, screaming lacuna in #Synod2018
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and priests who can say them
- WHAT IS THAT? Francis wearing rainbow colored Cross.
- 23 October: Bp. Egan of @PortsmouthRC calls for Masses of Reparation
- Eugenics in our recent past
- Some good news from Montana, a laugh, and some reactions to Paul VI canonization
- 16 October 1978: Election of John Paul II – 40 YEARS!
- Archbp. Chaput interviewed by The Pill – #sodoclericalism
- Fr. Longenecker: “ALL ARE WELCOME…TO WHAT EXACTLY?”
- #Synod2018 concerns in a couple of sharp sentences. Then Fr. Z rants.
- 15 Oct: St. Teresa, calendars and fascinating fountains! (A note to NAC seminarians and Rome denizens.)
- ASK FATHER: Celebrating Conciliar Saint Popes in the Traditional Roman Rite
- The future of the Church (hint – NOT #Synod2018)
- How the Left rolls
- #Synod2018 underway but there are no rules. Making it up as they go?
- ASK FATHER: Coalition in Support of “Ecclessia Dei” – What’s up?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Dodging Global Extinction Events
- VIDEO: Pro-abortion propaganda v. Catholics in NYC
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 2 October 2013
Obama welcomes Pope Francis’ remarks on gays, abortion
Wed, Oct 02 17:03 PM EDT
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama on Wednesday welcomed Pope Francis’ recent remarks that the Catholic Church must shake off [blech]an obsession with teachings on abortion, contraception … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read?
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for … Continue reading
Someone alerted me to a piece at the Italian site Corrispondenza Romana about something that Pope Francis said during a morning “fervorino” at Mass.
Last Saturday 7 September during his morning meditation in the chapel of the Domus Sanctae Marthae, … Continue reading
Andrea Tornielli has a piece today at Sacri Palazzi wherein he calls into question the veracity of Scalfari’s account of the interview with Pope Francis.
I don’t have time to translate the whole thing for you at the moment, since I … Continue reading
I have written from time to time about the artist Daniel Mitsui.
First, right now, say a prayer for him and his family.
I now ask you to visit his online shop for reasons that will be obvious. HERE
I read this on … Continue reading