Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- kjh said A hodgepodge – let’s see – the l...
- frjim4321 said OIC, Lepidus.
- Lepidus said Fr. Jim – Hope you caught my correction abou...
- Patti Day said Six volunteers, male and female, mishmash of Latin...
- Lin said The Mass was very beautiful tonight. Three priest...
- friarpark said I meant “gets”. He speaks the truth,...
- friarpark said I’m echoing what lana said earlier: “...
- Southern Baron said There were male and female teens from the youth gr...
- visigrad said We have an orthodox pastor…Mass is always re...
- Deacon Don said Yes, men and women, called up from the congregatio...
- donboyle said There was an initial group of 12 (male and female,...
- liturmatt said My priest did the washing of the feet (with men an...
- Andrew Saucci said Partly out of curiosity, and partly out of hope th...
- Charivari Rob said Men and women, I think (I was sitting fairly far b...
- frjim4321 said Unfortunately…. Reading read in “continuous format...
- Lepidus said Oops – that last statement probably wasnR...
- frjim4321 said For the foot washing we had some adult males, adul...
- Lepidus said Unfortunately…. Reading read in “cont...
- lana said NO: All men! And Eucharistic Prayer 1 to boot. I...
- kpoterack said Mater Eccleisaie Mission in Berlin, NJ. Trid. Mas...
- Marie Teresa said The priest invited the entire congregation forward...
- eyeclinic said Men,women, and children…after all, “Ho...
- HighMass said Robbie: I often wonder how things might look had h...
- Vecchio di Londra said The story of the boy David conquering the giant Go...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said If women are viri, bears are viri. It’s okay...
- OrthodoxChick said Local N.O. parish. A couple of young adults, but...
- kal said I attended the Cathedral of Mary of the Assumption...
- ocleirbj said All were men, older-middle aged and older.
- thefeds said I checked the USCCB website and they had a short d...
- Andrew said Therefore if the saying is hard, and not yet under...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 8 October 2013
From a reader:
I run a gift/book shop in our parish. Our town (here in the south) doesn’t have any catholic stores so we provide that service for four parishes in a two city area. Our new priest will not let our vicar recommend … Continue reading
I’ve always liked Antonin Scalia. I like how his mind works. I even read (most of) his not terribly easy book. From CNS:
(CNSNews.com) – Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said he believes in the Devil as a living entity, “a real … Continue reading
I received this from a priest, in an undisclosed location (edited and with my emphases and comments):
Over the past year of my ordination I have found myself facing many things I was seriously not prepared to face. They are in a … Continue reading
We gathered for our opening of the pilgrimage which was Holy Mass at Santa Maria sopra Minerva. A you may remember the interior from the movie The Cardinal.
From the movie The Cardinal an excerpt.
Just now, listening to the texts of the … Continue reading
Over at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) here is a piece by Mr. Winter’s which shows something of their true colors over there: They don’t care about the fact that taxpayer dollars will be funding intrinsically evil actions and … Continue reading