"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Saint1106 said The basic issue for me is that we have forgotten w...
- everett said We picked this up last year – it’s abs...
- Traductora said I think I utterly dismissed anything that this Pop...
- Legisperitus said Chris Garton-Zavesky: It’s even weirder tha...
- Janol said So is the writer and everyone here urging Congress...
- MacBride said I sent a link of this article to my friend Elizabe...
- chantgirl said Sacred Heart has the EF Mass every Sunday at 11:30...
- Lin said All governments are corrupt, some more than others...
- MariaTeresa said I’ll have to try next year then! I have you...
- Michaelus said I take the writer at his word and agree he is neit...
- MariaTeresa said I have been looking for something just like this!...
- Maria said From Phil_NL says: 26 November 2014 at 4:24 pm &...
- Unwilling said This author says “we’ve noted … not al...
- Gerard Plourde said Three excellent comments – to which I would...
- Phil_NL said I’ve argued before, and probably will contin...
- jacobi said There is plenty of food produced in the world, eno...
- PA mom said Well written and simply presented. Governments are...
- FrAnt said Nothing was said about the problem of sending mone...
- FrAnt said Nothing was said about the problem of sending mone...
- capchoirgirl said Greenlight: JPII, coming from a country that was e...
- Mr. Green said Forbes: If people don’t profit from their actions...
- CradleRevert said In Pope Francis’s defense, none of the recen...
- Pnkn said Are there reasons for not having a Ressurexifix at...
- Grumpy Beggar said I think it’s really hard to beat Robert Card...
- DeGaulle said The problem is not that food has been made a commo...
- rcg said Green light is exactly right. As much as I love P...
- Geoffrey said I remember more than one conservative / Republican...
- Uxixu said FrJim echoes a way too simplistic argument that is...
- greenlight said Those more knowledgeable (older) can correct me, b...
- Ganganelli said Sigh…Pope Francis doesn’t condemn prof...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 28 October 2013
Vatican Insider has an interview with Card. Pell, who is one of the Gang of 8.
In this interview the cardinal comments on the recent meeting of the Council of Cardinals with Francis, the reform of the Roman Curia, and Lefebvrist … Continue reading
I saw this at First Things:
Protesting Too Much
Matthew J. Franck
At National Review Online over the weekend, the familiar-to-First Things-readers George Weigel published a talk he gave recently in Green Bay, Wisconsin, in the course of which he argued: [For the … Continue reading
When I was in Rome recently I ran into the editor of a newish online magazine called
I was told that the magazine, available only in digital form, has a strongly traditional view and is especially geared to women.
Here is an … Continue reading
I was contacted by a priest:
Dear Fr. Z: I am a baby priest (ordained 18 months ago) who would like to learn how to say the EF. I don’t have anybody to mentor me, so I need teach myself. I … Continue reading
I have written more than once that a goal of homosexualists includes the elimination of the age of consent. Goals like this are attained through creeping incrementalism.
I just read this, from the University of Southern California:
Pedophilia Now Classified As A Sexual … Continue reading
The last Pontifical Solemn Mass and Conference in the series on Blessed Karl of Austria is today. Kudos to the Traditional Knights of Columbus Councils for organizing this series of events.
By the way, for your Brick by Brick file, I … Continue reading
The good people at the FSSP have sent me their Ordo for 2014. They are the first group to do so!
Do you have your 2014 yet, Fathers?
To order the FSSP’s Ordo, click HERE. This Ordo is especially useful for NORTH … Continue reading