- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- MaryL said So what is SSPX’s problem with FSSP?
- jacobi said I would agree with Auggie. As the rest of the pri...
- Ben Kenobi said Surprised to see a list of issues with Fellay et a...
- Ben Kenobi said “The state should never have been involved.&...
- TNCath said His Excellency, The Most Reverend J. Terry Steib,...
- WYMiriam said LOTH: There is a legitimate political party that...
- The Masked Chicken said “I don’t agree with the supreme court’s absu...
- Spinonitaliani said Hi Father, I’ve compiled a directory of all...
- Auggie said A Church with the FSSP and SSPX working together i...
- lmgilbert said Had I known how to do it, the question marks in th...
- lmgilbert said Jacobi, You wrote, “Catholics have got to fi...
- LA said Anilwang, Wrong on several counts. 1) SSPX priest...
- wmeyer said Mississippi and Alabama both seem determined to ge...
- torch621 said http://www.richmonddiocese.org/sites/default/files...
- johnnys said Michael I’m not sure that is correc...
- Henry Edwards said acardinal, as mentioned in the post, he served our...
- anilwang said Priam1184 says: Can someone explain to me what th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said An admirable accent: “the expiatory sacrific...
- drohan said If the leaders of the church can find way to inclu...
- Gail F said http://thecatholicbeat.sacredheartradio.com/2015/0...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The Old Catholic Encyclopedia (as transcribed at N...
- Brian Cannon said I’m sure these clerks are also refusing thos...
- Jack Orlando said With the Society, the praiseworthy and the blamewo...
- donato2 said Although I doubt that I will live to see it, I wou...
- rodin said That is really exciting. I wonder if Fr. Hendersho...
- Bosco said If they are looking for an excellent canonist to s...
- iepuras said Statement of Daniel Cardinal DiNardo Archbishop of...
- acardnal said I wonder if Henry knows how/where Fr. Hendershott...
- RichR said How special, on so many levels.
- msc said I am still wary of the SSPX for all the usual, wel...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
- Ed Peters on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges
- USCCB on SCOTUS Obergefell v. Hodges – “tragic error”
- SCOTUS Justices on Obergefell v. Hodges
- It’s time to kneel down and pray for our nation
- Wherein Fr. Blake hits a century
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Today in our Roman Rite it is the last day of the liturgical year.
We are on one side of the threshold. We cross over soon.
Of Advent, the holy bishop of Milan St. Charles Borromeo (+1584) said:
“Like a devoted mother, keenly … Continue reading
From a reader:
Since you like to hear of such things…my wife and I are “reverts”.
For about a year now. Last year we made a pact to not miss mass for all of advent, which started us down the path to … Continue reading
Pope Francis’ Prayer Intentions for December
Vatican City, 29 November 2013 (VIS) – Pope Francis’ general prayer intention for December is: “That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need”.
His mission intention is: … Continue reading
I lunched with a priest friend today.
We chose Thai.
I almost didn’t go in because the restaurant had one of those vile signs against CCW on the door. I’ll probably not go back.
That said, my friend thought I should have ordered … Continue reading
“The culture war is real….”
A tip of the biretta to my friend Fr. Finigan.
I was moved by this video of young men protecting the Cathedral of San Juan in Argentina. Pro-abortionists provoke them with various insults and physical assaults, including … Continue reading
A tip of the biretta to Pewsitter for this piece from the Worcester Telegram:
Bishop McManus worried that some omit funeral Masses
WORCESTER — Bishop Robert J. McManus is expressing concern that Central Massachusetts Roman Catholics are not scheduling funeral Masses for … Continue reading
The last friar should turn off the lights.
It seems that the last four Dominicans left at the famous San Marco (where the Beato Angelico rooms are) are leaving, transferring their flag to Santa Maria Novella.
Thus, the centuries old convent will … Continue reading
You may be seeing in days ahead some reports that Pope Francis sneaks out of the Vatican to help the poor.
I saw this at AffariItaliani (my translation):
Papa Bergoglio? La notte esce di nascosto per aiutare i poveri
Pope Bergoglio? Goes out at … Continue reading
I have mentioned that people have raised translation problems with the new Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii gaudium. I posted under another entry about problems with par. 54, which in the English translation mentions “trickle-down” economics.
Since that other post delved into more things … Continue reading