Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Richard Chonak: If it’s any mitigation , it appears that the SisterR 17;s interview in German didn’ ;t refer to “gen der” but to the traditiona l word “Ges chlecht...
- brianmsaxton: Pretty sure the piece you’ re talking about is at Rorate, not 1P5: https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/importan t-guest-op -ed-bishop -schneider .html
- pbnelson: That is a procession I want to join! Love the old-school KofC regalia, too bad we’l l see less of that in the future. p.s. Francis Ford Coppola, eat your heart out.
- Robin: Looking at this makes me so happy. St Joseph and his crew. Now those are some real men!
- JMGcork: One cannot help but be reminded of our beloved Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. As we can observe from the video in the link below, there is a procedure should this ‘def ect’ occur....
- padredana: There are a few Cardinals who, I have observed, often doze off during ceremonies . I have seen this from a distance, as well as up close. I think often times, priests/bi shops/card inals...
- Suburbanbanshee: If Father has narcolepsy or apnea, that would be something he needs to get treated.
- Gab: If Our Lord wanted female priests, I suspect our Holy Mother would have been first in line. @grateful, yes, a good reminder. Thank you.
- arcillajohn: This will now be and forevermor e my background on my Laptop. Amen.
- Ms. M-S: Sister Ruth says, “I cannot understand the reasons given as to why not” and that alone is enough justificat ion for overturnin g the whole applecart. I imagine Eve said somet...
- grateful: Both sites have a picture of the sculpture (not the body) https://en .wikipedia .org/wiki/ Santa_Ceci lia_in_Tra stevere Martyrdom of Saint Cecilia, by Stefano Maderno, one of the most...
- MrsAnchor: Another pre determined conclusion and use it for the Pan Amazon get together among other items they’re seeking to change … all seemless collusion Looks like they’ll be self defea...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- grateful: There but for the grace of God, go I.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Gab: Remarkable . All the children received their Holy Communion on the tongue whilst kneeling and then genuflecte d after moving away. You don’ t see that these days.
- CanukFrank: The padre with the dark shades? Yup, badass.
- monstrance: All that “toxic masculinit y”…. . As it should be !
- John Pomeroy: Gregg, Most of the leftist wackos have stopped commenting at Lileks.com . It seems pretty rational. Lileks is a great writer and he can dig up come of the most interestin g things out...
- Uxixu: First impression from first video: So many children! Love sisters in full habit. White pants on the boys… ; Genuflecti on and elevations much quicker than the TLM norm today (no time...
- exNOAAman: The venting steam manhole adds something. Eerie or spiritual. Not sure. Very cool. [That was one of the little touches that moved it from “goo d photo̶ 1; to “DAN G!...
- BlackCatholic: Heck. Freaking. Yeah. St. Joseph is my patron, too. Glad to see someone doing it big for Big Papa Joe.
- GregB: In the modern Church the people who are the most obsessed with power are usually the ones who are the least fit to wield it.
- Chaswjd: If they are “looking for new forms” of celebratin g the Eucharist, why bother staying Catholic? Go and invent whatever form of Eucharist you want. But for me and mine, we will dwell in the...
- acardnal: Personally , I accept the veracity of the Fatima visionarie s who SAW the Blessed Mother Mary, and who SAW hell and said most are there for sins against purity rather than Bishop Robert...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CNA Exposé: Archbp. Francis Chullikatt, Holy See’s former Observer at the UN
- St. Patrick’s Breastplate: Armor for our time
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: God is more lenient than you
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): a more perfect “view”
- When We are elected Pope…
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 11 – Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: The imperial epiphany and the tabernacle
- AUDIO: Damian Thompson on boring bishops – @HolySmoke
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Dems push to save cats after abandoning babies to death
- A “binding” German synod… What could possibly go wrong?
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 10 Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: The involuntary, personal response to a gracious epiphany
- ASK FATHER: We thought we had a valid marriage…
- ACTION ITEM! Support Archbp. Naumann of @archkck
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 13 November 2013
From ABC: Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart stands by confessional despite abuse recommendationsThe Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne has stood by the church’s stance [good grief] on keeping information on abuse gained through the confessional secret, despite a Victorian Parliamentary inquiry recommending withholding … Continue reading
I hope the libs at the NSR are celebrating Archbp. Kurtz’s support, as a “moderate”, of the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite. True “moderates” are also true “traditionalists”. Our long-time reader, friend, benefactor, commentator here Henry Edwards guides … Continue reading
From not-so-Catholic-friendly AP via not-so-Catholic-friendly (unless liberal) HuffPo comes this bizarre train wreck: Saint Pius X Catholic Group Protests Kristallnacht Interfaith Memorial In Argentina, Challenging Pope Francis BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Ultra-traditionalist Catholics [read: SSPX… but it is far more fun … Continue reading
I like this bishop. He is the sort of bishop that Archbp. Mennini – Nuncio to England and Wales – is helping to appoint. I remember his “inaugural” sermon as the newly “installed” bishop. HERE From the best Catholic … Continue reading
What mentality is really driving those who have pushed the ludicrously entitled “AFFORDABLE” Care Act (aka Obamacare)? Here is a real ad. Read it carefully and look with a critical eye at the imagery. What is Pres. Obama’s and Nancy Pelosi’s … Continue reading
Now that we have the fluffiest and most wonderfullest Pope ehvurr, Pope Francis, and now that bishops are supposed to be “pastoral”, liberals will start more and more often to claim that bishops should start caving in on the HHS … Continue reading
From Andrea Tornielli: The Prefect of the Congregation for the Faith, Gerhard Müller, has written a letter asking for the withdrawal and revision of the proposal to allow remarried Catholics to receive the sacraments ANDREA TORNIELLI VATICAN CITY When the … Continue reading