Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- St Donatus said Thankfully these ecumenical displays have had many...
- MarkG said Most of our local Churches have moved the tabernac...
- catholicgauze said Pope Francis and Cardinal Muller already have work...
- Mandy P. said Really nice video. I’ve recently watched the...
- acardnal said Very good video! I compliment CNS on the improvem...
- Mandy P. said I hate to be pedantic, Father, but 1914-2014 is 10...
- Priam1184 said @Chon Where is the witness? What are its accompli...
- jpii_rox said That would be 100 years, not 110 :)
- BLB Oregon said Gracie said: “Meanwhile, most parishes strug...
- Uxixu said I think versus populum COULD be done reverently bu...
- Joseph-Mary said I highly recommend the reading of the life and tho...
- CrimsonCatholic said This is going to come to Europe and the US real so...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said SKAY, have you ever heard of Thomas Jefferson, and...
- Sonshine135 said In 1787, when Benjamin Franklin was asked what typ...
- Gail F said This has only happened to me twice, both from diff...
- Nerinab said As a DOR resident, let me share some context. I m...
- Sonshine135 said That is an astute young man. Also, why is Father i...
- Michael_Thoma said Unfortunately, as a reverse of this scenario, many...
- LarryW2LJ said Genuflecting. It’s the right thing to do. A
- St Donatus said I am sure the visit with the US congress went like...
- av8er said As someone who just re-deployed from that area, Ux...
- Sonshine135 said You are King of all those who are still involved i...
- JPK said From a purely geo-political point of view, this ju...
- teejay329 said “I hope those people formulating public poli...
- JBS said Even if he doesn’t promote ad orientem, I do...
- Bosco said Dear Father Z., Just so I don’t torment myse...
- YorkshireStudent said They will be no questions like that at our church...
- Imrahil said Why do I have the feeling that if the formula were...
- Chon said Priam1184: What do you wish the ancestors of Iraqi...
- Bob B. said This is yet another foreign policy failure of this...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 110 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
- Thom Peters: Progress 1 year after his life-changing accident
- Pew by Pew: a lesson Christian identity suicide
- AC-DC or Transgender Comics
- ASK FATHER: Anglican confession… valid?
- FOLLOW UP: Religious Freedom under attack in the US Senate – FAIL
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 27 November 2013
From a readerette:
When my husband asked me what I would like for Christmas this year, I said, “I would like for our family to attend a Latin Mass.” (I think that will be my response when he asks what I … Continue reading
I am grateful for all of you who frequent this blog.
Tomorrow, US Thanksgiving Day, I will say Mass for the intention of my benefactors (donors, wishlist senders, etc), for whom I am doubly grateful.
Just wanted you to know. May God … Continue reading
From Astronomy Pic of the Day, which I check every day. Click for a visit.
Will Comet ISON survive tomorrow’s close encounter with the Sun? Approaching to within a solar diameter of the Sun’s surface, the fate of one of the most unusual comets … Continue reading
Read reactions and analysis of Evangelii gaudium and you will quickly see that the catholic Left’s take on the Apostolic Exhortation inexorably veers into “Isn’t it great that the Pope hates traditionalists? He’s one of us!”
Heh heh. Not so much.
The catholic Left … Continue reading
I am making up my mind about doing the brief daily podcasts for Advent this year.
If so, …
My mind is flat today, but I don’t think that this would be a good starting point.
Are we now too impatient to receive even good preaching? Should we, therefore, dumb preaching down?
Those who are familiar with the Fathers of the Church know all too well that their sermons were often pretty long, well over an hour. Think of … Continue reading
I am detecting rumblings that the English translation of the Pope’s new (first) Apostolic Exhortation is not so hot and that it may be, in some key places misleading.
There are always going to be differences in opinion about how to … Continue reading
As you have probably heard, The First Gay President, who also brought you the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act’s HHS mandate, is going to close the embassy of these USA to the Holy See.
I didn’t really care much about this story at … Continue reading