ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!

This year I will do for Advent what did last year: make a short daily podcast to help your preparation for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.

These are especially offered as a token of gratitude for my benefactors who donate and send items from my wishlist.  Thank you!

And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 01, for the 1st Sunday of Advent.

People may ask about the version of O Come, O Come Emanuel I used.  It is sung by the Benedictines Mary, Queen of Apostles.  It is on their CD of Advent music… yes… music for ADVENT.  It is ADVENT. Wanna know more? Click HERE.

PS: My stat counter for this plug is massively screwed up.  Chime in if you listened.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, ADVENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, Our Catholic Identity, PODCAzT and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!

1. Fr. Bryan says:

Listened. Very good, thank you.

2. Mike says:

I listened. Thank you for offering this. I’m looking forward to more.

3. Jaybirdnbham says:

Listened. Thank you!

4. Sword40 says:

Thank you, Fr. Z. I look forward to these AdventCast and LentCasts each year. They start my day out with a sense of Holiness.

5. Elizabeth D says:

I was just practicing that same chant immediately before listening to this… it’s the offertory and it’s pretty neat. No quarreling and dissension? It seems like I do nothing but disagree with somebody, somehow. On the bright side, I am not conforming with the world. I generally do not conform with anything. Well I am orthodox as I know how to be. Thank you for praying for us, of course I pray for you.

6. Lin says:

Thank you for the daily AdventCast, Father Z! You are in my daily prayers. I reread your previous rant on blue vestments. Our pastor wore navy blue tonight. It appears he has issues with authority. He needs our prayers. We will probably not vote with our feet since we need this parish in our old age. Very sad!

7. brianvzn says:

Very nice, Father. Thank you. I am happy you decided to do these again.

8. Geometricus says:

I listened with my wife and son while we worked on a puzzle in the living room. I liked the Ratzinger quote.

It was nice to start advent with 1st Vepsers at Fr. Bryan’s church here in MN. Antiphons in Latin, psalms and prayers in English, chanted solemnly, ending at the Mary altar with the Marian antiphon Alma Redemptoris Mater. Beautiful, simple, but mysterious and inscrutable at the same time.

9. CGPearson says:

Listening now.

10. Jerome Vincent says:

Heartfelt thanks for putting these together again, Father. Much appreciated, and as everyone else here has testified, they’ve been a big part of what makes Advent Advent for me in recent years.

11. SophiaGrace says:

Thank you, Father. These daily podcasts are wonderful! My husband and I listen together.

12. monmir says:

Many thanks Father, for your time and effort.

13. jameeka says:

Thank you very much.

14. StWinefride says:

Thank you, Father! The AdventcaZts are much appreciated.

15. Margaret says:

So I feel a little ignorant posting this, but is there some way for me to listen to these besides just sitting at my computer? I’m normally one who strongly prefers to read off the screen– I do as little listening/watching as possible. I have an Android phone, however– is this the kind of thing I could somehow pull into my mp3 player on the phone?
    Sorry, Fr. Z, I apologize if this constitutes a “rabbit hole,” I’m just guessing perhaps I’m not the only reader who hasn’t quite made the leap into the 21st century yet with regards to pod casts.

16. VexillaRegis says:

Tanks, Fr. Z, I really appreciate your CAzTINGS!

17. VexillaRegis says:

Sorry, couldn’t help joking;-)

18. markomalley says:

Fr Z, thank you very much for these podcasts each year.

@Margaret: you can subscribe to Fr Z’s podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FrZsPodcasts with your choice of “podcatcher” software on your Android phone. An example of one that would work (this is not an endorsement, just a suggestion) is the Simple Podcatcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.alliknow.podcatcher&hl=en

19. Jim of Bowie says:

Wonderful

20. PMK says:

Listening now. Thank you Father!

21. wanda says:

Thank you, Fr. Z.

22. danhorse says:

Thanks, Fr. Z! We appreciate you very much. God bless!

23. mimiwnc says:

I’ll be listening every day as I did last year and during Lent. Thanks so much, Father! Praying for you here.

24. cblanch says:

+3. Listened with my husband and daughter. Thank you!

25. polycarped says:

Tick.

Thank you!

26. Priam1184 says:

Thank you for doing these Father. I was thinking the same thing as that commentary that you quoted from Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI then Joseph Ratzinger about our world rushing headlong back into the darkness of paganism as I was listening to that passage from St. Paul’s letter to the Romans this morning at Mass and wondering how many people have woken up?

27. Fiat Domine says:

You are amusingly fun to read; after I singed in, at the top of the page you have “howdy” Fiat Domine – making me smile.

Your podcast voice makes things feel hopeful and brings back memory of your Z-cam video, Holy Rosary and prayers that carried me through some tough times and i loved watching your birds and hearing your voice. Thank you for those recordings good Father, and for these Advent podcasts.

Each day I try to come to your site to be grounded in sanity, reverence, The Sacred, and to be reassured that what I have come to believe is right for Holy Mother Church, really is, no matter how battered she gets by those who are suppose to be teaching us Truth about Her.

Deo Gratias.
    Keep on tucking us under your protective wings Father, as you fly with us through the smoke and fire and darkness.

28. Bea says:

Thank your, Father, for caring for us and sharing with us your views and prayers in your ADVENTCAzT.

29. ocleirbj says:

I listened, thank you!

30. yatzer says:

Thank you. I keep trying to stay awake to the things of God while getting jerked around by circumstances and the scary stuff going on as Western Civilizations seems to implode.

31. rsbsa says:

Listened. Very much appreciated. Thank you.

32. lana says:

Father, what a great voice you have! Very priestly!

33. Fiat Domine says:

The First Advent Video is still available to see and listen to on your Z-Cam and Radio SPTDV!!!
    WONDERUL! Thank you for still making it available Father.

34. bgfarmgirl says:

Thank you Fr. Z, I listened during this hour of mercy!

35. OrthodoxChick says:

My advent got off to an unexpectedly rocky start. Your podcazt was sorely needed and very much appreciated. Thank you, Fr. Z.!

36. Elizabeth D says:

Fr Z should be on the radio.

37. VARoman says:

Fantastic, as always. Thank Father Z. Just listened before heading to a late Mass. I bought the advent CD last year. I am going to put it on when I get home tonight.

38. DavidR says:

Excellent, Fr. Z.

I pray for you by name daily, and would appreciate your prayers as well, as I recover from Pneumonia of unknown origin. Thanks.

39. SuzyQ says:

Thank you!! :)

40. TKS says:

Excellent. Just the right length. Thanks so much.

41. MouseTemplar says:

Your podcasts will be a regular feature of my Advent this year. It is the hardest time of year for me and I’m grateful,thank you.

42. Suburbanbanshee says:

Thanks, Father Z! Your podcazts are always special and appreciated!

43. Mariana2 says: