Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr Martin Fox: I was at the March, with folks from Ohio, although I am to wussy to ride the bus all night, there AND back. So, I flew. As it happens, I was at that same parish for Holy Mass that...
- Imrahil: Dear Blas, setting the fact that they weren̵ 7;t actually married and the general problem of treating civilly married people as married aside for a moment, why for all things in the...
- Kathleen10: It is a great feeling, to get out there and do something for God, and that’ ;s what it is and what it feels like. Wonderful experience ! Thank you for going, Fr. Z., I feel treme...
- NancyP: My TSO son is reporting to work today as usual. I think you will get home on time. Sending prayers for safe travels 230;
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
- APX: Beach weddings sound romantic and wonderful, but the reality is quite different. My brother and his wife had one. The days leading up to it were ridiculous ly hot so everyone got sunburned and...
- Bea: My daughter was married at Old St. Mary’ ;s Church. She still lives in the area. I wonder if she was there with her husband and 6 children. Haven̵ 7;t talked to her today. I’...
- Fr. Kelly: This may not have been as impromptu as the initial reports have indicated. LifeSiteNe ws is reporting that the couple is quoted in the December 19 El Mercurio (a Chilean Paper) that they...
- frjim4321: just a few … believe me, I know how to do it … [Until someone shows you a better way.]
- frjim4321: Honestly? You call that a martini? Where is the condensati on? Where is the skim of little ice chips floating on the surface? You need me to make you a proper martini. [Okay̷ 0; we...
- RomualdMonk: So much for having a longer marriage prep formation prior to marriage as Pope Francis pushed a few years back as necessary.
- Grant M: This could become a habit: Flight Attendant: “Holy Father, I’m not baptised or confirmed yet.” Pope grabs a bottle of mineral water and a sachet of olive oil from the trolley. In a...
- Charles E Flynn: In 2017, there were no fatal crashes of commercial airliners. And yet, the outstandin g Smithsonia n Channel program, called “Air Disasters& #8221; in the USA and narra...
- Volanges: The article I read said that they approached him and asked him to “ble ss their marriage 8221;. That’ ;s when he asked if they were married in the Church and they explai...
- SenexCalvus: The Pope used the Power of the Keys to heal and sanctify a relationsh ip between a man and a woman in need of God’s forgivenes s and grace. [Is that so?] To effect such healings is the...
- Joy65: “As this story reverberat es ‘round the world, now, deacons, priests, and bishops who try to uphold Church norms fostering values such as deliberate marriage preparatio n, an eccles...
- Ave Crux: @Akita: unlike some other members of the hierarchy who shall remain unamed for the sake of this post, I have said many times in discussion with others, and still believe, that Pope...
- Southern Catholic: PostCathol ic, Twitter wouldnR 17;t need a copyright to database informatio n that is sent and received on the platform it owns and operates. Can you point me to what law...
- Imrahil: I’m really sorry for the inadverten t paste of something I didn’ ;t even intentiona lly copy. (Though I don’ t think it’s a mortal sin.)
- The Masked Chicken: “Is this going to be known as the era of the Avion Popes? The Avion Papacy? Where is our modern day St. Catherine of Siena?R 21; Well, that won’ t be me. Every...
- Traductora: I read just a little while ago that this was actually arranged in advance with a Francis “advisor,” Francis and the couple. I doubt that they had preparatio n or a resolution of their...
- Chuck4247: Thank you for the story behind the Christolog ical Goldfinch. I hadn’ ;t heard it before, in spite of numerous references on this blog.
- tamranthor: So, were I to put my faith in this article, I could, by rights, shoot the author, and then apologize, because while I may have committed murder, I did so out of devotion to the Church...
- tamranthor: I’m quite certain that the Pope ascertaine d that both participan ts were in a state of grace prior to commencing the ceremony. Okay, that’ ;s just snarky, but his behav...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 4 December 2013
It seems that not everyone in the MSM is an adoring fan of Pope Francis.
This is an … interesting op-ed on the site of Fox News, which is, yes, pretty much MSM now:
Pope Francis is the Catholic Church’s Obama – … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
What great fruits the liturgical reforms have produced! Jammed churches, long confession lines, full schools, lots of weddings and baptisms, convents bursting, seminaries churning out priests as fast as they can be ordained….
Back … Continue reading
First, don’t forget:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Also, I am posting daily podcasts during Advent. HERE
Here are some links. Entries scroll off the main page pretty fast around here!
450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Active Participation … for WHOM?
“If you want … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read?
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for … Continue reading
On the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium, I read this:
Dutch bishops give Pope Francis a bleak picture of Catholic Church in decline
Dutch bishops visiting Rome this week have given Pope Francis a dramatic snapshot of the steep decline of Roman … Continue reading
The 1983 Code of Canon Law says, first, that Mass is to be celebrated in Latin, and then, or in other approved languages.
The Council’s document on liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium, says that the Latin language is to be preserved.
Contrary to the LIE that Latin … Continue reading
Today we are celebrating the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium, the Second Vatican Council’s Constitution on Liturgy.
50 years later! Has it been so long?
Sacrosanctum Concilium, states this about Gregorian chant. The Latin of SC 116 is often rendered as:
The Church acknowledges Gregorian … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
I went back into the archives of the blog to find my post about…
UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL-CARE REFORM FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Taking his cue from post-war European national … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our choir is in a loft at the back of the church. [That’s where the choir belongs!] We have always come down after the mass and received the precious host kneeling at the alter rail from deacon or … Continue reading