"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- teejay329 said Having sung in various choirs all of my life, I do...
- Gus Barbarigo said Here is how the so-called “Spirit of the Syn...
- Supertradmum said Can we not praise the Pope Emeritus without referr...
- Supertradmum said Thank you, Fr Z., as usual, for the wonderful insi...
- tcreek said Sorry , My 2nd link duplicated the first. Here is...
- stephen c said I watched the interview and the interviewee (whos...
- tcreek said It’s all here – for those of the Syno...
- Elizabeth D said I enjoyed hearing from him so much, he just thinks...
- anilwang said Dafyd says: “the press doesn’t know the diff...
- Venerator Sti Lot said ‘Can dialogue substitute for mission?’ A good ques...
- Tom Piatak said A typically clear and profound observation from Be...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Landless Laborer: “Nam oportet et haereses...
- Suburbanbanshee said Landless Laborer: I will look to see if there are...
- Allan S. said Landless Laborer wrote “…concerning 1...
- JesusFreak84 said If I had to guess, the answer to Dafyd’s que...
- Unwilling said So clear! So beautiful! After what we have been de...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kingof Charity, Thank you for your reading lsit a...
- Dafyd said I understand if this comment comes across as too h...
- Landless Laborer said By the way, to follow up on a comment I made on an...
- Adam Welp said I’m sure I wasn’t the only one reading...
- Bryan D. Boyle said That’s like a cold, refreshing adult beverag...
- JARay said I have just read the latest from Sandro Magister i...
- The Masked Chicken said “In all seriousness though: what the Chicken...
- pmullane said Its a sure sign of the disgusting self important d...
- robtbrown said Grumpy Beggar says, It might be preferable if Ms....
- The Masked Chicken said “Though I’ll admit to being surprised he cou...
- Mike said I have searched high and low on the Diocesan websi...
- KnightOfTruth said Several have mentioned a need to support Cardinal...
- Allan S. said It would be the height (depth?) of irony if the ch...
- The Masked Chicken said “I have a fan-shaped, very modern church bui...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI send text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 4 December 2013
It seems that not everyone in the MSM is an adoring fan of Pope Francis.
This is an … interesting op-ed on the site of Fox News, which is, yes, pretty much MSM now:
Pope Francis is the Catholic Church’s Obama – … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
What great fruits the liturgical reforms have produced! Jammed churches, long confession lines, full schools, lots of weddings and baptisms, convents bursting, seminaries churning out priests as fast as they can be ordained….
Back … Continue reading
First, don’t forget:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Also, I am posting daily podcasts during Advent. HERE
Here are some links. Entries scroll off the main page pretty fast around here!
450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Active Participation … for WHOM?
“If you want … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read?
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for … Continue reading
On the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium, I read this:
Dutch bishops give Pope Francis a bleak picture of Catholic Church in decline
Dutch bishops visiting Rome this week have given Pope Francis a dramatic snapshot of the steep decline of Roman … Continue reading
The 1983 Code of Canon Law says, first, that Mass is to be celebrated in Latin, and then, or in other approved languages.
The Council’s document on liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium, says that the Latin language is to be preserved.
Contrary to the LIE that Latin … Continue reading
Today we are celebrating the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium, the Second Vatican Council’s Constitution on Liturgy.
50 years later! Has it been so long?
Sacrosanctum Concilium, states this about Gregorian chant. The Latin of SC 116 is often rendered as:
The Church acknowledges Gregorian … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
I went back into the archives of the blog to find my post about…
UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL-CARE REFORM FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Taking his cue from post-war European national … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our choir is in a loft at the back of the church. [That's where the choir belongs!] We have always come down after the mass and received the precious host kneeling at the alter rail from deacon or … Continue reading