Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- acardnal said Regarding repentance and mercy, Pope Francis remin...
- acardnal said I wish Cardinal Maradiaga would spend more time in...
- Tim Ferguson said I could think of worse punishments. He could be as...
- acardnal said Jesus (and the New Testament) spoke many, many, ma...
- truthfinder said There was a lot of terrible reporting in that news...
- mbutton said At which point is the cardinal “open to the...
- Hans said I’m sorry, but if there’s a link to or...
- Per Signum Crucis said That 71% of active priests serving in the US were...
- Bosco said Just as an addendum, may I suggest that I have nev...
- APX said A monastery is not a halfway house. A halfway hous...
- Traductora said Cdl. Maradiaga (whether because of the influence...
- Bosco said The ¡Vaya lío! Flash Mob strikes again. Seriously...
- Suburbanbanshee said This would also be a grave injustice against, say,...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: the pope — Someone with pull asked for t...
- Rob22 said Yes, the mainstream conservative press has also be...
- Suburbanbanshee said Our local campus chapel was built facing west, but...
- wolfeken said “Even during the pontificate of Pius XII and...
- gjp said The mere mention of Charles Martel reminds me that...
- Robbie said At the moment, it feels as if we’re surround...
- jhayes said Henry Edwards wrote It is my understanding from nu...
- ClavesCoelorum said “The Pope wants to take this Church renovati...
- slainewe said Sixteen years ago, we had a POPE correct the error...
- TWF said I have great love for the Oratorians. When I was w...
- MrsMacD said God bless them and be with them. The war is not a...
- Henry Edwards said athelstan: “It was the widespread nature of...
- Liz said That is BEAUTIFUL handwriting. Wow that’s in...
- Stephanus83 said That handwritten letter is Latin is really nice. K...
- johnson2380 said I am reminded of the parable of the Parable of the...
- samgr said Friars. Capuchins are Franciscan friars. Friars do...
- Phil_NL said I can’t say I blame the crook (for this one;...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 4 December 2013
It seems that not everyone in the MSM is an adoring fan of Pope Francis.
This is an … interesting op-ed on the site of Fox News, which is, yes, pretty much MSM now:
Pope Francis is the Catholic Church’s Obama – … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
What great fruits the liturgical reforms have produced! Jammed churches, long confession lines, full schools, lots of weddings and baptisms, convents bursting, seminaries churning out priests as fast as they can be ordained….
Back … Continue reading
First, don’t forget:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Also, I am posting daily podcasts during Advent. HERE
Here are some links. Entries scroll off the main page pretty fast around here!
450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Active Participation … for WHOM?
“If you want … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read?
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for … Continue reading
On the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium, I read this:
Dutch bishops give Pope Francis a bleak picture of Catholic Church in decline
Dutch bishops visiting Rome this week have given Pope Francis a dramatic snapshot of the steep decline of Roman … Continue reading
The 1983 Code of Canon Law says, first, that Mass is to be celebrated in Latin, and then, or in other approved languages.
The Council’s document on liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium, says that the Latin language is to be preserved.
Contrary to the LIE that Latin … Continue reading
Today we are celebrating the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium, the Second Vatican Council’s Constitution on Liturgy.
50 years later! Has it been so long?
Sacrosanctum Concilium, states this about Gregorian chant. The Latin of SC 116 is often rendered as:
The Church acknowledges Gregorian … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
I went back into the archives of the blog to find my post about…
UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL-CARE REFORM FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Taking his cue from post-war European national … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our choir is in a loft at the back of the church. [That’s where the choir belongs!] We have always come down after the mass and received the precious host kneeling at the alter rail from deacon or … Continue reading