Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- TWF said Matthew Gaul: Such would be in line with the Churc...
- Rich Leonardi said “One nation alone cannot judge how to stop an unju...
- Gerard Plourde said Phil_NL I don’t disagree with your statement...
- AlexanderAerarius said I don’t know. Would it be so hard to make so...
- Traductora said EFOF91 – Nice. And I’m glad it’...
- acbprop said I saw this movie last night with my son’s hi...
- LeeF said The issue I really care about in that article is t...
- JBS said Reconverted Idiot, Please permit a bit of trivia:...
- Phil_NL said Gerard Plourde, You write “The Church has co...
- capchoirgirl said My dad, brother and I are going to see this next w...
- Mary Jane said Folks, Fr Jim’s pattern is to pop into a thr...
- Marissa said In fact, I still use the Signal (a clicker-type d...
- robtbrown said Stephen C, By delaying, Paul VI put himself in a...
- M. K. said I think that Damian’s point about the Holy F...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Obviously COTT is not a correctiv...
- rtjl said The problem is that, while taking power out of the...
- Priam1184 said Nice move Holy Father. Thank you.
- Salvelinus said And yes, I’m also one of those “anachr...
- Salvelinus said I hate to throw water on the discussion for how we...
- Lyons said Does an individual Bishop in the US have the autho...
- An Army and the Geopolitics of Pope Francis - BigPulpit.com said [...] Crisis Magazine New Film Company, Immaculata...
- LarryW2LJ said Article from the NY Daily News: http://www.nydaily...
- Matthew Gaul said Regarding the national conferences, perhaps it is...
- Reconverted Idiot said “I note the absence of Fr. Z, but, hey! Ther...
- Venerator Sti Lot said gracie (et al), Another sweeping prudential measur...
- Gerard Plourde said I agree with Lori Pieper that “the fact that...
- Thorfinn said I’ve heard explanations of the proper recept...
- stephen c said robtbrown – I have reread the sentence ̶...
- Reconverted Idiot said frjim, really sir, are you not in the least ashame...
- Reconverted Idiot said If the girl is from a protestant sect the easiest...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 4 December 2013
It seems that not everyone in the MSM is an adoring fan of Pope Francis.
This is an … interesting op-ed on the site of Fox News, which is, yes, pretty much MSM now:
Pope Francis is the Catholic Church’s Obama – … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
What great fruits the liturgical reforms have produced! Jammed churches, long confession lines, full schools, lots of weddings and baptisms, convents bursting, seminaries churning out priests as fast as they can be ordained….
Back … Continue reading
First, don’t forget:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Also, I am posting daily podcasts during Advent. HERE
Here are some links. Entries scroll off the main page pretty fast around here!
450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
Active Participation … for WHOM?
“If you want … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read?
Continued from THESE.
I get many requests by email asking for … Continue reading
On the 50th anniversary of Sacrosanctum Concilium, I read this:
Dutch bishops give Pope Francis a bleak picture of Catholic Church in decline
Dutch bishops visiting Rome this week have given Pope Francis a dramatic snapshot of the steep decline of Roman … Continue reading
The 1983 Code of Canon Law says, first, that Mass is to be celebrated in Latin, and then, or in other approved languages.
The Council’s document on liturgy, Sacrosanctum Concilium, says that the Latin language is to be preserved.
Contrary to the LIE that Latin … Continue reading
Today we are celebrating the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium, the Second Vatican Council’s Constitution on Liturgy.
50 years later! Has it been so long?
Sacrosanctum Concilium, states this about Gregorian chant. The Latin of SC 116 is often rendered as:
The Church acknowledges Gregorian … Continue reading
Today is the 50th anniversary of the promulgation of Sacrosanctum Concilium.
I went back into the archives of the blog to find my post about…
UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL-CARE REFORM FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Taking his cue from post-war European national … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our choir is in a loft at the back of the church. [That's where the choir belongs!] We have always come down after the mass and received the precious host kneeling at the alter rail from deacon or … Continue reading