Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- pigg0214 said I can easily see the judge dismissing the Bishop...
- TWF said Uxixu: No reason why parishes can’t recite b...
- Chon said Ave Crux, you are absolutely correct. And have pe...
- Chon said Slainewe: loved your typo. Yes, the “institu...
- Legisperitus said I suppose the courts would just laugh if they call...
- Uxixu said Definitely should return to near-exclusive Holy Co...
- Marissa said These are the fruits of the Americanist heresy.
- JesusFreak84 said The TLM at St. Martin’s is amazing; I miss t...
- Joseph-Mary said I read Fr. Carota, like this blog, every day: http...
- Bryan D. Boyle said While eliminating communion in the hand would not...
- Mike said “. . . shouldn’t this be covered by the R...
- majuscule said Did you notice that two of the priests highlighted...
- Iacobus M said Given that the the only purpose of the so-called &...
- DavidJ said jfk03, unfortunately it’s not a 100% guarant...
- Fr Martin Fox said While I am praying and hoping something will stop...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Hate to say it, but Satanists know more about the...
- kevinm said I will light a candle at Mass today for all of the...
- LarryW2LJ said jfk03: Common sense! But who uses or has it anymor...
- jfk03 said The simplest measure to prevent desecration of the...
- Priam1184 said Islam is evil YoungLatinMassGuy, chiefly because i...
- Magash said I must point out that the article is not correct i...
- Sonshine135 said I think the issue here is that, like Ferguson, we...
- LarryW2LJ said Agree with drohan – “Well, it’s...
- Magash said Where has anyone ever stated that because some par...
- Mike said Thank you for this. Off to Mass now to pray for th...
- xgenerationcatholic said Was anyone who was around in the pre-1960s or so r...
- incredulous said Fr. Z, how about an Echolink ministry? We could s...
- Dutchman said Wow. A punch to the gut quickly followed by the ba...
- catholictrad said I thought blaspheming the Christian religion and l...
- Salvelinus said Defender of Truth. Democratic political operative...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit filed against those attempting Satanic event with consecrated Host
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 19 December 2013
At the Met in NYC you will see a Madonna and Child with Sts Philip and Agnes.
Herein is our little Savior with His Christological Goldfinch.
Those of you who are new here may wonder what in creation I am … Continue reading
I have been saying that the Left will turn on Pope Francis. You can already see cracks in liberal unity appearing. The catholic Left is splitting. Just start reading carefully at Fishwrap.
I was sent this cartoon by Matt Bors. I haven’t … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is a project to help the Nuns on the Bus rename their hagiographical movie/documentary!
I can’t think of a better project for readers here. After all, we have done so little to help … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a problem. Whenever I go to confession (traditional screened booth), my confessors can recognize my voice, and sometimes indicate that they know it’s me.
I abhor this with a deep purple abhorrence, and am now really self-conscious when I … Continue reading
A way to reach out to people or a violation of identity and decorum?
In St. Stephen’s, the Cathedral of Vienna?
Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
Is this what we need for the New Evangelization?
Reason #87637 for Summorum Pontificum.
I’ll turn on the moderation … Continue reading
Pope urges Curial officials to hear confessions at local parish
Vatican City, Dec 18, 2013 / 12:09 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Francis has strongly encouraged the bishops and cardinals of the Roman Curia to spend time hearing confessions weekly at … Continue reading
This year I once again offer a short daily podcast to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.
These are especially offered as a token of gratitude for my benefactors … Continue reading