This year I will do for Advent what did last year: make a short daily podcast to help your preparation for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.

These are especially offered as a token of gratitude for my benefactors who donate and send items from my wishlist.  Thank you!

And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 10, for the 2nd Tuesday of Advent.

PS: My stat counter for this plug is massively screwed up.  Chime in if you listened.

PPS: I think these are available through my iTunes feed.

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, ADVENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”

1. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father! Very salutary.

2. Jaybirdnbham says:

Thank you for the podcasts, Father. I’ve been listening to them daily.

3. kevinm says:

Chimed in…Thank you Father.

Kevin

4. rahalpern says:

Thank you , Father. These brief reflections are invaluable in orienting the heart and mind toward the coming of the Christ. I listen every day.

5. Magpie says:

I listened, thanks Father.

6. LarryW2LJ says:

Thank you, Father. These are much appreciated.

7. oldCatholigirl says:

Thank you, Father Z. In my old age, I am finally studying a bit of (very elementary) philosophy. We’re reading Plato’s “Apology” this week, and I somehow feel that today’s Adventcazt would have resonated with Socrates.
    (I’ve caught several, although not all of them, but have not had time to chime in before. Probably there are others in the same boat.)

8. Netmilsmom says:

I’m praying for you Father! You are a blessing. Thank you!

9. Vecchio di Londra says:

Thank you so much, Father. Your readings from the ‘Imitatio’ have made me keen to re-read it ‘in toto’ for Advent. I vaguely recall a past discussion here of its English translations, but I cannot find the page via a website search, so have probably misremembered.
    I read somewhere that the Latin is very poetic, so I might try to find the original online, to read against the English.
    The classic Penguin version (transl. Leo Sherley-Price, 1952) seems a very decent edition, sober and traditionally-worded without being archaicised; and it has all the footnoted scriptural references most editions omit. Is there an alternative translation that you or any other commenters here favour?
    And if there is a Fr Z post with a relevant Thomas a Kempis discussion someone has archived, I’d be grateful for a link.

10. Lin says:

Thank you Father! Your podcasts are very much appreciated!

11. AnAmericanMother says:

Thank you. Glad to be able to listen to these again.

12. Bea says:

I listened. Thank you Father Z.
    Ah, Thomas Kempis, my favorite spiritual readings.

13. SophiaGrace says:

Thank you, Father, for your prayers and thank you for these podcasts. You remain in my prayers.