ADVENTCAzT 23: 4th Monday of Advent – Dinosaurs and You

This year I once again offer a short daily podcast to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.

These are especially offered as a token of gratitude for my benefactors who donate and send items from my wishlist.  Thank you!

And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 23, for the 4th Monday of Advent.  Have some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen!

PS: My stat counter for this plugin has been screwed up.  Chime in if you listened.

PPS: These podcasts are also available through my iTunes feed. Let me know how you are listening.  Through the plug in on this post? Through iTunes? Downloading?

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, ADVENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 23: 4th Monday of Advent – Dinosaurs and You

1. DavidR says:

Thanks Fr. Worked flawlessly today, from the player on the post.

2. Mike says:

As always, thank you. I am fresh off a fruitful Opus Dei retreat to which this message is a most suitable sequel.

I suspect that my own “armor plate” is more like papier-mâché: myriads of layers of seemingly comfortable conformance and denial, increasingly impenetrable by sense but (thank God!) incapable of withstanding the white heat of Truth.

3. Jerome Vincent says:

Thank you again, Father. Listened as always through the plug-in. Best wishes & extra prayers during these last couple days of Advent.

4. Mike says:

PS: Downloaded.

5. charismatictrad says:

Tuned in! I forgot how wonderful B16 is :-)

6. Bea says:

Plug-in
    Thanks, Father Z.

7. Venerator Sti Lot says:

Thank you for this! A tangential footnote: David Jones handles matters and beings prehistoric delightfully in his massive poem, Anathemata (incidentally, a modern work to which C.S. Lewis refers in his famously dinosaurian Cambridge Inaugural Lecture). Among my fellow listeners are those who demurred about the treatment of the dinosaurs – and one must confess, if the chronologies proposed have any resemblance to accuracy, our animal predecessors seem to have done alright, temporally speaking.

8. Uxixu says:

Listened through the plugin again. I love your pronunciation of B16′s name, as well as your selections of his writing, of course.

9. Gratias says:

Dear Father Z:

Thank you for your thoughtful readings. We are your virtual parish priest.

Wish you a Happy and Holy Christmas. We are so lucky to have you.

Sincerely,

Gratias

10. Mariana2 says:

Thank you, Father!

11. kevinm says:

Chimed in via the plug in. Merry Christmas Father and thank you!
    Kevin

12. pberginjr says:

I haven’t listened to many this year, but this headline caught me. Wow! What a reflection by Papa Ratinger! Is that available in translation? If not it may be the kick I need to get back to my German.

13. Venerator Sti Lot says:

pberginjr,

As far as I can discover, The Blessing of Christmas is an English translation of a book which reprints together two earlier books, one of which is Lob der Weihnacht: perhaps this is the source (unless Fr. Z prefers to translate it afresh himself – always a possibility!).