Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- lsclerkin said Confession Stations Holy Mass (TLM) rosary Holy Ho...
- tbakker said frjim4321 Oh, by the way, in which paragraph of t...
- Philippa Martyr said PS I note with approval that the comfy chairs have...
- Philippa Martyr said A restoration, not a wreckovation! Huzzah! People...
- Mr. Green said Wolfeken: At some point we need to stop blaming “t...
- frjim4321 said Clever. Donohue (the phony expert) quotes the Joh...
- jhayes said Here are the 1979 CDF “Observations” o...
- pannw said His book, Human Sexuality, suspended all moral jud...
- Mike said Couldn’t use the popup in either IE or Chrom...
- Obumbrabit said Plugin got stuck so I downloaded it, but even that...
- Obumbrabit said I am listening every day. Thank you Father.
- benedetta said Bryan D. Boyle, yes, it’s hard to know where...
- friarpark said This. Is. Fantastic.
- Gemma said Beautiful! I love this order of priests. Wherever...
- mrshopey said I hope he meets with them, alone. If any need hea...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Benedetta said: “How very sad.” My res...
- SophiaGrace said Listening, via the plug-in. Thank you, Father. Yo...
- SophiaGrace said Listening! Thank you, Father.
- majuscule said Thank you Chicken. I’m glad you took the tim...
- Katherine said Quite a nice church. Much better than the new chu...
- mburn16 said “And the altar rail couldn’t be extended sid...
- Laura R. said I have Firefox and it stopped part way through. T...
- iudicame said Abstaining from meat on Fridays only during Lent i...
- majuscule said I got to thinking… Right now the Fishwrap™ h...
- OrthodoxChick said Masked Chicken, Wow! That was awesome! When I fi...
- Magpie said Sick liberal minds.
- Wiktor said Angie Mcs: look closer. There *is* a gate (opened...
- pattif said The Tablet’s editorial this weekend takes th...
- JamesM said Father, what are your views on St. Patrick’s...
- benedetta said How very sad.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 4 January 2014
What does the Lord Jesus Himself say about His own Name?
In John 16:23 Jesus reveals His unity with the Father and the power of His Name saying, “Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father, … Continue reading
In the ancient Western Church and in the East, Epiphany was more important than the relative latecomer Christmas. Epiphany is from the Greek word for a divine “manifestation” or “revelation”. There are many “epiphanies” of God in the Scripture. Think, … Continue reading
This amused me today, on a day when I needed something amusing.
First, you have to hear the serious one, the original, to appreciate the second, less but more serious one.
And now you know the rest of the story.
Technorati Tags: … Continue reading
Epiphany is coming, Reverend Fathers. We have special blessings we can use.
You will find actual blessings in the Rituale Romanum (not in the dreadful “Book of Blessings”).
First, we have the famous blessing of chalk, then used to mark the doors of … Continue reading
I saw something helpful at New Liturgical Movement.
Someone posted a printable image of the Noveritis (“Let y’all know”) in Gregorian chant notation for the singing of the liturgical dates for 2014 which takes place at Epiphany after the Gospel. They thoughtfully … Continue reading