Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- robtbrown said AnthonyJ says: robtbrown, The little of Rahner and...
- arga said I notice that neither the home page of Star of the...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jhayes & Grumpy Bear, Glad to be of service! (...
- Deacon Augustine said If there is no justice – no judgement –...
- AnthonyJ said robtbrown, The little of Rahner and Kung I have re...
- JonPatrick said I saw the link to the fund drive on Michael Voris&...
- Grumpy Beggar said Venerator Sti Lot says: “Hans (et al.), I s...
- Clinton R. said Much prayer is needed in these times we live in. T...
- Singing Mum said Fr. Jim says, “Unfortunately what happens no...
- LeslieL said I am a wee bit late this time – but I promis...
- q7swallows said I note that not one boy or altar boy was interview...
- Boniface said frjim4321, those whose belief in and practice of t...
- jhayes said truthfinder wrote the EF cannot have girls serving...
- Maxiemom said There’s a place at the table for all of us &...
- jameeka said Fr Z: what do you think of the processed Italian-...
- Jerry said re: Kathleen10 – “What on earth is com...
- frjim4321 said Fifteen or more years ago this would not have been...
- jhayes said Thanks to Venerator Sti Lot for the link.
- jhayes said From Cardinal Maradiaga’s talk: It is starti...
- AAJD said I met Fr. Illo when we were both teaching in Ukrai...
- jhayes said Traductora wrote Cdl. Maradiaga (whether because o...
- Lucas said As somebody who just moved to Summit, NJ, I’...
- excalibur said Lay people are asked what is their opinion. When i...
- thomas tucker said Cardinal Marx, in denigrating the Church’s a...
- Aspergesme said And Father, I see you got a card from someone in &...
- donato2 said The arrogance is breathtaking. I fear that the Ch...
- Mary Jane said “What percentage of priest ministering in th...
- Mojoron said What’s the deal with Card Rodriguez in the p...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Hans (et al.), I searched for “Rodiguez Mara...
- Lin said I pray Cardinal Burke is chosen to be our next pop...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: January 2014
The President’s State of the Union address is tonight.
People are musing about what the President will say or ought to say.
As I see it…
What the President ought to say:
“Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice-President, Members of Congress, the Cabinet, Honorable Justices, my … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society (see their RSS feed box on my sidebar):
Notre Dame Professor Wants Pope Francis to Allow Some Abortions
A philosophy professor at the University of Notre Dame published an opinion piece at the New York Times arguing … Continue reading
More about The Religion of Peace from Jihad Watch:
Nigeria: Islamic jihadists murder at least 62 people, including 22 at church service
Shhh! “Talk about extreme, militant Islamists and the atrocities that they have perpetrated globally might undercut the positive achievements that … Continue reading
I heard about a horrid, satanic performance at the Grammy Awards. Apparently…
Katy Perry, who was surrounded by demons as she danced around an upside down broomstick before being encircled by fire during a performance of her song “Dark Horse”. Perry … Continue reading
Not all liberals are happy.
You can’t make up a headline like this.
Pro-animal groups appeal to pope over dove attack
ROME — Animal rights groups on Monday appealed to Pope Francis to end the practice of releasing doves from a Vatican window … Continue reading
The Catholic sacred artist Daniel Mitsui sent me a beautiful rendering of Our Lady of Walsingham.
The 7″ x 10″ print is ready for ordering HERE.
Those saint in the corners are Catherine of Alexandria, Margaret of Antioch and Lawrence of Rome.
From … Continue reading
Some Monday morning humor. I did know about Dixon Diaz, but he’s got some game:
During his daily off-the-cuff, non-magisterial sermonette today, Pope Francis spoke about priests. And he didn’t bash them! In fact, as a refreshing change of pace today, he said some good things about priests.
“On the contrary, it is impossible to understand … Continue reading
You may remember the strange tales of Irish Redemptorist (not-quite-former-yet) Fr. Tony Flannery, founder of the Ass. of Catholic Priests.
Here is some news for the Fishwrappers and their fellow travelers.
Take note of this piece in The Irish Times about dear heretical … Continue reading