Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- frjimt: Brings tears to my eyes.. There is hope! Our Lady of Pillar pray for us!
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Monthly Archives: March 2014
I am sure that you have all seen this piece by now from this liturgy site HERE. My emphases and comments:
New Ecumenical English Missal
A rumour has been growing about a possible review of the Roman Catholic missal translation, but no one … Continue reading
I don’t watch a lot of TV and I loathe most commercials. This commercial, however, I thought was pretty great.
Also, I must note that my father has been a Mass Mutual financial adviser for decades and I have policies myself. … Continue reading
Last year Pope Francis went to a jail on the edge of Rome and washed the feet of a couple of females
Today in the WSJ (Wisconsin State Journal) there is a rather feeble attempt to stir a little more controversy … Continue reading
From Rev. Mr. Kandra’s page:
Chaplains erect billboard supporting phrase “So help me God”—UPDATED
This press release was posted by the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Freedom:
The Chaplain Alliance for Religious Freedom has joined with other members of the Restore Military Religious Freedom … Continue reading
As I prepare to leave my native place, I ramped up with a big breakfast. Hard to beat this.
Bacon = Crispy
Eggs = Easy
Bread = Wheat
The diner where I broke my fast has a counter, near the workspace. The first cooking … Continue reading
Was there a good point in the sermon you heard for Laetare Sunday?
Let us know what it was!
Yes… you can share more than one good point.
With a biretta tip to TAM, I bring to your attention something that was in the Charlotte Observer.
This is we are going to experience for a long-time, friends. If we Catholics (read: faithful to the teachings of the Church concerning … Continue reading
I will not be seeing this movie.
I’ve been talking about it with some people in the know, but this review from Breitbart clinched it. Too bad. I have enjoyed some movies with Russell Crowe (for example Cinderella Man, Master and … Continue reading
Here is some cheery news. It is cheery in that the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith is doing its job diligently and that justice has been done and that the Faith has been defended. It is sad news, … Continue reading
This blog has been pretty serious of late.
Here is a completely ridiculous video. I’m really just trying to stop being the only person who has not posted a cat video.
So… I bet most of you have seen the movie…. … Continue reading
Today I watched the video of the Pope who made his own confession before hearing the confessions of others. HERE
That juxtaposition brought forcefully into my mind both the prayers I usually say before and after making my own confession, and … Continue reading
This is great.
The Devil got a serious kick in the teeth today.
This evening in Rome the Holy Father held a big communal penance service (“Form 2”) in St. Peter’s Basilica, with many confessors to help people make a good confession. … Continue reading
Fr. Z kudos to the Archbp. of San Antonio.
From the Express-News:
Confessions to be heard for 24 hours at downtown church
SAN ANTONIO — The sacrament of confession will be offered for 24 hours straight by a team of priests and San … Continue reading
Obama’s papal audience
VATICAN CITY — President Barack Obama was once the biggest superstar on the international stage. On Thursday, he headed here to benefit from the popularity of his replacement: Pope Francis.
The 50-minute meeting was a rare chance for … Continue reading
I was alerted to this video at the blog A Man In The Gap. And to think that this is “Lutheran Satire”. These don’t sound the Lutherans I remember.
Radio show Vicki McKenna, the Rush of MadCity (aka Madison, WI, aka 78 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality), spoke on air the other day (final hour on 25 March) about a 911 call from a Planned Parenthood Big-Business Abortion clinic which severely injured … Continue reading
You may have heard that Pres. Obama met with Pope Francis today.
Some people are asking me to comment on this historic event, which liberals will surely say is the first time a Pope smiled at an American President.
Popes meet with … Continue reading
From The Catholic Thing. My emphases and comments.
Fidelity – to Spouses and Christ’s Words
By Fr. Gerald Murray [A good friend… Fr. Murray, J.C.D., is pastor of Holy Family Church, New York, NY, and a canon lawyer.]
[QUAERITUR…] Is the most serious problem … Continue reading