LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday

Please use the sharing buttons?  Thanks!

Today is Saturday after Ash Wednesday.  We are for one more day in the “narthex” of Lent.

GO TO CONFESSION!

With this audio offering, I continue a series of daily podcasts for Lent.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.

I do this, first and foremost, in thanks to my donors.

PS: Once again, my audio plugin is screwed up.  I hope these are working for you.  And my stats function won’t work either, so I have no idea how many people are listening.  Chime in!

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Patristiblogging, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday

1. Mike says:

Popup in IE 11 on Windows 7 worked without a hitch this morning. Thank you, Father. Feel better soon.

2. Siculum says:

Chiming in.

3. jameeka says:

Thank you Father Z, and I am praying for your speedy return to health. The Prayer over the people today is the same as Septuagesima Mass Post-communion prayer–beautiful.

4. UncleBlobb says:

I am listening every day, Father. Thank you very much for all of these LentcaZts!

5. kevinm says:

Thank you Father and I wish you a speedy recovery.

AMDG

Kevin

6. LeslieL says:

Here I am chiming in from Eastern Long Island…..sometimes it’s fun to know where people are listening from and where you are reaching people, isn’t it? :-) I hope you are feeling better, Fr. Z – and thank you so much for all you do for all of us. All you do is truly a gift for us – and these podcasts are the bows on the presents. God bless…..

7. SKAY says:

Thank you Father. You are in my prayers as always.

8. Makemeaspark says:

Thank you father, worked pretty good, stopped twice, but i think that is the fault of my ancient computer. The music was refreshing, and I always enjoy your insights.

Also praying for your restoration to health, take care of yourself please.

9. Vecchio di Londra says:

The Download link usually works reliably on Google Chrome, but today it seems to break down quite a bit – same with the MP3 link; but with persistence I was able to hear the whole talk.
    Your daily reflections are much appreciated, Father; particularly the excellent choice of readings.
    I really should get to grips with Bossuet – he’s said to have the finest French style of any writer. And Fulton Sheen is immensely perceptive, another spiritual writer I didn’t know. And the other American writer on the difference between a contract and a Covenant. All very stimulating.

Guarire presto, Padre!

10. JNVA says:

Thank you, Father!

11. Thank you for these Lenten reflections.

I think I may have found a trick to cope with the player constantly stopping. While it’s playing, take the little button that indicates the time along the bottom of the player and drag it all the way to the end, then drag it back where it needs to start. After having it stop again at 53 seconds (which is where it always seems to stop), I tried that, and it played all the way through to the end without stopping.

12. Sonshine135 says:

Thanks you Father. I can tell you were not feeling well. Your usual dulcet tones sound stuffed up.

13. MaryW says:

Thank you, Father. Hope you are on the mend. So far, have had no problems listening to the podcasts. I don’t know if it makes any difference but I listen to them using an ipad.

14. Mariana2 says: