LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent

Please use the sharing buttons?  Thanks!

Today is Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent.

Lent is fully underway.  Examine your consciences and…

GO TO CONFESSION!

With this audio offering, I continue a series of daily podcasts for Lent.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.

I do this, first and foremost, in thanks to my donors.

PS: Once again, my audio plugin is screwed up.  I hope these are working for you.  And my stats function won’t work either, so I have no idea how many people are listening.  Chime in!

PPS: Sometimes I use slices from the fine music of Kevin Allen and Matthew Curtis.

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday 1st Week of Lent

1. Facta Non Verba says:

Nice! Thank you Father.

2. incredulous says:

Thank you Father. Thank you for the reminder that despair is really pride.

3. Sofia Guerra says:

Have been able to access podcasts easily. Using sharing buttons also. Making sure its going to twitter, then to FB et al. Quality is outstanding of both subject matter, production and music. Is making our Lent quite fruitful. We listen to you after Vespers then Rosary with Lectio Divina following. We finish at Compline with an extensive Examen of Conscience which you published some time ago.
    Thank you Father for your efforts and we are honored to help you as we are able.

[Thank you for using the sharing buttons. I hope more people do.]

4. lisebaur says:

Thank you, Father. I’ve been listening everyday. Some days my teenage sons are listening as well. Today was especially nice for one of my personal struggles. The Ven. Bishop Sheen quote was particularly helpful.

5. RichR says:

Thanks for the reminder for Confession. We need to hear it. I hope to get there this weekend myself.

Love the Kevin Allen motets. Our men’s schola sings from that often. They are beautiful Communion meditation hymns that only require three voices. If you’re a choir director who wants to try something different that the people will love, I can’t recommend these high enough. CC Watershed even has training videos on these so a person singing any of the three parts can easily pick up their tune.

6. lsclerkin says:

beautiful again, Father. And the music..thanks for letting us know where we can find some of it:)
    And just shared on my FB, too.

7. JNVA says:

Sometimes I have to reload a few times to get the whole thing when streaming. Thanks!

8. excalibur says:

Again, thank you Father.

I particularly appreciated the Tuesday, March 12 edition. But all are enjoyable.

9. Mike says:

Listened to the download in Firefox 27.0.1 on Windows 7. (Heads up to other Firefox users: If, as I did, you have trouble logging in to the blog, try deleting all cookies.) As always, thank you, Father.

Interesting observation about the traditional calendar being more in rhythm with the planet’s seasons than the postconciliar calendar — rather sets crunchy modernism on its ear!

10. benedetta says:

Thanks Father.

11. filioque says:

I am just signing on after a couple of busy days to catch up on the LENTCAzTs. What is this new header? Are we no longer reading Francis through Benedict? Has Francis crossed some line?

12. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father. The Ionic columns in Santa Maria Maggiore are because the Ionic order was supposed to be feminine.