LENTCAzT 09: Thursday 1st Week of Lent

Please use the sharing buttons?  Thanks!

Today is Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent.

Lent is fully underway.  Examine your consciences and…

GO TO CONFESSION!

With this audio offering, I continue a series of daily podcasts for Lent.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.

I do this, first and foremost, in thanks to my donors.

PS: Once again, my audio plugin is screwed up.  I hope these are working for you.  And my stats function won’t work either, so I have no idea how many people are listening.  Chime in!

PPS: Sometimes I use slices from the fine music of Kevin Allen and Matthew Curtis.

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to LENTCAzT 09: Thursday 1st Week of Lent

1. Facta Non Verba says:

Thanks. These LENTCAzT (I see what you did there Father) are a great start to my day.

2. Phil says:

Just to let you know Father, I use your daily Lentcazts as daily meditations for each one of my high school classes everyday during Lent (and have since I started teaching). I find it invaluable and my students enjoy it as well. Thanks for all you do!

3. In detention, perhaps.

4. dmreed says:

I like the new banner at the top of the page, particularly the image of Pope Francis raising the Host while celebrating Mass ad orientem. With the release of each new papal interview, this will be the image of the Holy Father that I force in my mind.

5. Mike says:

Download in Firefox 27.0.1 under Windows 7. Thanks as always, Father, and thanks too for promoting the wonderful musical work of Corpus Christi Watershed.

6. campbreeze says:

Fr. Z I listen everyday. Thanks again.

7. Gregg the Obscure says:

Disappointed that today’s file cut out on me (downloaded in FF 27.0.1 in Win 7) right after mention of Pope Leo XIII. St. Lawrence is my confirmation patron and Pope Leo XIII is largely responsible for my home ownership. That last bit deserves a wee explanation. Many years ago when I was not yet Catholic, but was well on the way there, I was on the TV game show Jeopardy. The category that got me the most loot was “Popes Named Leo” and the most lucrative question had to do with the encyclical Testem Benevolentiae Nostrae which I had only just read.

Well, missing out on Fr. Z’s well-curated insights is in itself a sort of penance for me.

8. Kathleen10 says:

I love the new banner! Is that what it’s called? It’s great.

9. majuscule says:

But Kathleen10, Pope Francis has his back to us!

But seriously, I love that picture!

10. Hank Igitur says:

What happened to the Frank does Benny header?

11. Bea says:

Thank you , Father. Great lessons here.
    I could click in and hear it, just fine. A friend of mine (not a registered commenter) tries to listen to it and gets cut off part way through your talk.

12. liebemama says:

Is that you singing in English before the Confiteor, Father?
    Thank you for these wonderful recordings. Thank you!

13. Mariana2 says: