LENTCAzT 13: Monday 2nd Week of Lent

Please use the sharing buttons?  Thanks!

Today is Monday in the 2nd Week of Lent.

GO TO CONFESSION!

With this audio offering, I continue a series of daily podcasts for Lent.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.

I do this, first and foremost, in thanks to my donors.

PS: Once again, my audio plugin is screwed up.  I hope these are working for you.  And my stats function won’t work either, so I have no idea how many people are listening.  Chime in!

PPS: Today I use a cut from new CD of music for Lent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles.

Click to Buy!

This entry was posted in Benedict XVI, LENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to LENTCAzT 13: Monday 2nd Week of Lent

1. KylieP says:

Listening! The audio keeps freezing and then restarting… Any way to mend this?

2. KylieP says:

What’s the chant at 7:28? Lovely!

3. Bea says:

Thanks, Father.
    Interesting talk.
    I always told my children: “remember when you point a finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you and your thumb is pointing up to Heaven, Who alone is the real Judge”
    and yes we perceive others faults because we recognize them as our own.

4. Mike says:

Native download player in Firefox 27.0.1 under Windows 7. Thank you, Father, not least for the observation on judgmentalism from Bishop Sheen, which is something of which I need frequently to be reminded.

Bossuet’s Meditations for Lent, for pointing to me to which I am obliged to you, also treats today of judgmentalism.

5. jameeka says:

KylieP: go back to Fr Z’s Lentcazt from one week ago and he has another CD mentioned. All the motets are beautiful, but warning, some will play through your head night and day.

6. Facta Non Verba says:

very good

7. Charles E Flynn says:

Lent at Ephesus (CD review) , by John J. Puccio.

8. Vecchio di Londra says:

Those words in which Pope Benedict explains his intention to devote himself to the Apostolate of Prayer, only four days before he left the Vatican apartments, seem almost unbearably poignant now. ‘It is time to ascend the mountain…’ I imagine him there, with bowed head, praying for us.

The Holy Father’s image of the ascent and then descent from the mountain peak to bring down love from God to mankind – an image of the practical enrichment of the world by prayer – is strikingly similar to his inspired description of the two mutually-interacting and -enriching kinds of human love, Agape and Eros, ascending and descending like the angels on Jacob’s ladder, an image he conjured up and explored patristically in his first Encyclical Deus Caritas Est.
    (Pt I Section 7)

Such a staggeringly beautiful church, San Clemente. I sat and looked at that apse for ages, it’s utterly mesmerising.

9. Charles E Flynn says:

I do not recall ever seeing John J. Puccio and ClassicsToday.com reviewing the same recording on the same day:

Benedictines Lenten Offering, CD review by David Vernier at ClassicsToday.com.

Those with an interest in Pergolesi should definitely read Mr. Vernier’s review.

10. Vecchio di Londra says:

Kylie – if you’re still browsing – the final piece is the Latin prayer ‘Desidero, mi Jesu’ – a modern setting by Kevin Allen.
    This is the excerpt used in Fr Z’s talk today (one singer, multi-tracked)

And this is a recording made by the Lincoln Chamber Chorale at the Holy Cross Monastery in Chicago

11. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father, specially for the bit about Peter’s reactions.