"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Masked Chicken said “The rest of the meal was devoted to devouri...
- Charlie Cahill said The very best Coq. St Jacques are from Ireland. An...
- The Masked Chicken said “In my neck of the woods, from what my famil...
- Charles E Flynn said @Priam1184 , In my parish in Rhode Island, what we...
- brotherfee said When someone like a celebrity is talking about the...
- Dr Guinness said Au revoir, Paris. I feel perhaps another London b...
- Ed the Roman said ” Paris is worth, among other things, anothe...
- Charles E Flynn said From http://www.adoremus.org/Interoecumenici.html...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Calling it whatever you want, the...
- robtbrown said Joe Magarac, Do you have a link to the Cupich do...
- Grateful to be Catholic said This is, amusingly, the mirror image of what happe...
- amenamen said Bill Murray’s Apologia pro vita sua His firs...
- Patikins said frjim4321: “Calling it whatever you want, th...
- majuscule said Hmmmph. The people in the pews in front of me all...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Fr Jim, Indeed the back of the priest will face th...
- Alice said I remember hearing that Roger Ebert missed the Lat...
- Anita Moore OPL said Let the priest turn his back to the assembly. The...
- St. Rafael said Calling it whatever you want, the presider still h...
- Venerator Sti Lot said JonathanCatholic & The Masked Chicken, “...
- MaryMargaret said Priam, I was pretty young when the change from ad...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Wow! The only such names that sprang to mind were...
- Mojoron said Saying Masses in Latin will solve one major proble...
- capchoirgirl said poulet de Bresse! Swoon.
- amsjj1002 said Priam1184, Archbishop Sample on one of his talks &...
- samgr said But Mass isn’t about the presider, is it frj...
- jhayes said Our old high altar is “decorated” with the taberna...
- Sword40 said Fr. Z, Looks good Father Z. Perhaps too good.
- frjim4321 said Calling it whatever you want, the presider still h...
- frjim4321 said Calling it whatever you want, the presider still h...
- Will D. said Those humongous bottles are interesting novelties,...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: April 2014
The great Francis Card. Arinze, titular Cardinal Bishop of Velletri-Segni, has spoken out with his classic clarity.
To wit, check Life News:
April 29, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The question of whether Catholic politicians who support abortion should receive or be denied Holy … Continue reading
This is rather sad news.
We have seen what happened between an English permanent deacon and his diocesan bishop over the deacon’s blog.
Bishop Michael Campbell effectively closes Protect the Pope
BY M DONNELLY, ON APRIL 29TH, 2014
It is with sorrow that … Continue reading
Today I said Mass in the Basilica of San Marco.
Yesterday I had met in the calle a small group, a family, from London who had a couple celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. They wanted to know where they could have … Continue reading
This post by Ed Peters expresses closely my own view. Since he has done the heavy lifting at his blog, In The Light Of The Law, go HERE. Visit his place and take a look around.
Sarah Palin’s remark warrants … Continue reading
We headed down to the hated Stazione Termini this morning. I get a shiver when I got there, after the years of daily commuting. I rather miss the clackety clack of the flipping cards on the departure and arrival … Continue reading
From a reader…
Dear Fr. Z,
I came upon your blog after a very disappointing encounter at church today and in a way, I was looking for some kind of comfort. Please bear with me as I attempt to express both thoughts … Continue reading
This morning we have a visit to some of the preservation and restoration workshops of the Vatican Museums.
Later, I hope to sneak into the Basilica through a back door and visit the tombs of the new saints.
Among the many … Continue reading
“But Father! But Father!”, I can hear most of you saying. “We don’t care about no stickin’ Collect for Low Sunday and infants, blah blah blah. You are in Rome! What did you eat?”
First allow me to say that the … Continue reading
First, you might scan what I wrote back on 5 July 2013 about these canonizations.
Wherein Fr. Z explains what is really going on with the canonizations of John XXIII and John Paul II
I can add another element, below. But let’s … Continue reading