LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week

Please use the sharing buttons?  Thanks!

Today is Monday of Holy Week.

Examine your consciences.

Have you made your good confession?

Today I use a cut from the Choeur Gregorien De Paris: Gregorian Chants / Liturgy for Holy Week.  Also hear something from the wonderful  CD of music for Lent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles.

These daily podcasts for Lent are intended to give you a small boost every day,

This project during Lent has been a token of thanks to my donors.

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week

1. MickCrick says:

Father, I am greatly enjoying the LentCazt. Thanks for your hard work in putting it together!

A quick question, please. In some podcast episodes, I noticed that you included chants in English, along with Latin chants from the Choeur Gregorian De Paris and the Benedictines of Mary. Apologies if this information is on your website and I have overlooked it, but I was wondering if you could tell me (and perhaps other interested listeners) where we might be able to find the CD that is the source of these recordings. I have many CDs of Latin chant but few, unfortunately, in my native tongue.

Have a blessed Holy Week and Easter!

[There are links, above.]

2. MickCrick says:

Not to be dense, Father, but as best I can tell, the links above lead to CDs that are exclusively in Latin. On several episodes of the LentCazt, I recall hearing psalms in English, chanted by a male voice. I’d like to hear more of them—perhaps you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

3. jameeka says:

Thank you for persevering, Fr Z. The reading from Fr Gabriel reminds me of the beautiful Palm Sunday sermon 2011 from Pope Benedict– helps the ascent during Holy Week….

4. Vecchio di Londra says:

Even against such hot competition as there is in Rome, the Basilica of Santa Prassede must surely be one of the most beautiful churches in Rome: I don’t know how any agnostic could visit it without being converted on the spot.

Btw, I’ve been really moved by the Fr Gabriel excerpts you’ve been reading occasionally. I must try to get hold of the book. But I suspect that such meditations (eg Bossuet) are much better when someone else reads aloud in short bursts, as you do, and leaves the spoken words to ferment in the heart. It’s a very effective form of Lectio, and I’m amazed it’s not more frequently practised on the internet.
    I feel the same about St Francis de Sales: whether in French or English, for whatever reason, I simply cannot get to grips with him on the page, but find his ideas revelatory when spoken. (Might you consider his ‘Introduction’ for some future FrZ-Casts? Apologies if you have already ‘done’ him.)

5. Jeannine says:

I was fortunate to get to confession tonight, but I had to drive 15 miles (there are probably 6 Catholic churches withing five miles of me), and this was the last day during Holy Week to go to confession in my area. Why is this? I just don’t understand. I’m happy to say that the lines were long, but maybe someone needs to offer more opportunities for the sacrament.

6. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father! Most comforting stuff from Fr. Gabriel!

7. Catholic_Convert2 says:

Father!

I am a 1 year-ago-convert along with my wife and son, and I submit completely to the teachings of the church. After 7 years of protestant marriage (married at 18, no less) this was not easy, but by the grace of God, we’ve done it! I have made many trips to confession in the last year, unable to take communion (always on the tongue!) more often than I was able – but God has liberated me from my habitual sins, and every time I realize it’s been days since I even thought about my addictions, I weep with joy – ONLY through God could this have been possible, to be so deep in muck the day before confession with scarcely an hour passing where I wasn’t obsessing, then I can go 2.. 3 weeks after confession without so much as a temptation! I am liberated… even if I don’t achieve heaven, God has freed me to enjoy the life I have.

I love Catholicism, and I have had lunch with one of your mystic monks – before he (and his 7.62mm Yugo SKS) headed out to Wyoming.

Father! I am working so hard right now to produce my great work. Please pray for me, and please keep these LentCaszts coming!

Keep fighting, father… You have an army at your back.