HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Lurker 59: @Suburbanb anshee — As much as religious survey questions are generally not asked well, being an ex-Protest ant, I can guarantee you that the majority have no understand ing of the...
- Archlaic: Beanie’s straw men indeed, these bishops so “enthusias tic” about Summorum Pontificum … not disagreein g that SP has enabled a far wider availabili ty of the TLM but much of it has...
- Unwilling: Recently on this, I have watched a few more YouTube interviews with Bishop Barron. His main theme is the need for catechesis , since (69% of) Catholics don’ t know what the Church...
- loyeyoung: @The Masked Chicken 1. For a detailed analysis of the tithe in the Old Testament, see http://www .texasprea cher.org/m oney/first -fruits-sa crifice-co venant/. 2. Whichever language you...
- Gabriel Syme: Our sermon said that when presented with the tale of Publican and the Pharisee at prayer, our reaction can be to think that we ourselves must be more like one or the other. That is,...
- iamlucky13: Quoting chantgirl: Reverence for the Blessed Sacrament needs to start from the top down. To encourage Catholics to go to Adoration, and to combat the lack of belief in the Real Presen...
- iamlucky13: I’m amused by his random need to criticize the Aristotili an concepts of substance and accidents. It provides no support for the points he wants to make and his contention that...
- Suburbanbanshee: I still think it was “dur ing the Catholic Mass” ; that people were shying away from. Makes it sound like that weird Anglican/E piscopal idea that the Eucharist only is...
- APX: ejcmartin, G&P and CBWIII commonly go together in a parish. CBW IV is being released this coming Advent. It still has that awful inclusive “Living Faith” version of Faith of Our Fathers...
- mo7: What does this priest do for a living if not consecrate the bread and wine to become Our Lord?
- baileymxd: I was once burned by a woman who reprimande d me for my son’ s behavior at our 7pm Missa Cantata (It was a special occasion to stay up past bedtime). We were in the back of the...
- semperficatholic: Get back! Get way back if you are behind him in line at the Judgement Seat.
- Luminis: Amen Father !
- iPadre: I pray Fr. Reese repents before he dies because “to whom more has been given, more will be expected.& #8221;
- beelady: I’d like to offer my thanks to Father Z and his friend, Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse. They were instrument al in bringing about the good news I’d like to share. I followed a link...
- JoeinMaryland: Nearly all of the comments here are right on-target, IMO. Those people exhibited a flagrant disregard for the Holy Mass, all because they believed their priest did them wrong. Their...
- Credoh: Might the idea of the bread and wine remaining substantia lly unchanged be termed “cis ubstantiat ion” ? More confusion between “tra ns” and “cis ”? Is...
- Benedict Joseph: One is left to wonder why this individual remains in his “pro fession. 8221; Apparently it is the dime and the perks. His operative is caricature . It is at once quite sad...
- Kent Wendler: One can only hope, as St. Faustina said, that when these people are irrevocabl y dying and come into the presence of the immediate and completely undeniably absolute TRUTH that they...
- Semper Gumby: KateD: Great comment. DN: A bit of research will answer your question. Begin with the Soviet request. Cheers.
- onemore: “Actually” is kind of an odd word choice in the survey. Could some people think that that meant the appearance s would change? Or something like the Eucharisti c miracles? I wonder if the...
- ex seaxe: I wonder if I am misreading the article. What I see is Fr Reese̵ 7;s first comment on the Pew research – “Thi s certainly shows a failure in catechetic s, … ,...
- chantgirl: Reverence for the Blessed Sacrament needs to start from the top down. To encourage Catholics to go to Adoration, and to combat the lack of belief in the Real Presence, Francis should set...
- GHP: Father, If you want to practice your Japanese more often, you could translate the Italian fagioli into Japanese: 豆 12385; 419;ӛ 5; You could start calling him “...
- RLseven: I have not been able to donate money to my parish or diocese for some time, due to matters of conscience . However, I have found a number of Catholic organizati ons to support inste...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
- It’s no surprise at all that Catholics don’t know or believe about the Eucharist. After all, worship is doctrine and we are our rites!
- A quick look at some ‘c’atholic media
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: July 2014
Hamas is a “humanitarian organization.” “And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told me over and over again that Hamas is a humanitarian organization,” Pelosi said to Crowley. HERE Perhaps she should go spend some with Hamas … Continue reading
The Synod on the Family will start in October. Already the dissidents at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) are whining. They have twigged to the fact that they are not going to get what they want. Today … Continue reading
I want you to stop for a moment and do something: Right now… try to imagine what goes through the mind of a soul during her first 15 seconds in Hell. The realization of where you are… “This can’t … … Continue reading
I am delighted to report that a reader sent me a recording of the now well-known “Internet Prayer” in Tagalog. It makes my day when I get recordings of native speakers reading this prayer. It really makes my day when … Continue reading
Sandro Magister at Settimo Cielo has a piece about the ever more influential Card. Pell, who has control of Vatican purse strings. Magister’s piece, in Italian, opens with a mention of the upcoming Coetus Internationalis Summorum Pontificum 23-25 October. I … Continue reading
This is very cool. I must go see this soon. The Acuity Flagpole Project. It has pendula inside! It has its own internal climate! Standing 400 feet tall, the new Acuity Insurance Flagpole is the tallest flagpole in North America … Continue reading
At Pewsitter, this headline caught my eye: Accused Scranton priest sent to faithful thriving Paraguayan diocese whose bishop corrects gays and liberation theologists. Vatican investigates. Bishop defends priest. Cardinal suspends bishop then faints. That sums it up. Well… not quite. … Continue reading
There are so many terrible things going on right now. How about some good things? Here is a great quote from St. Briget of Sweden, which I saw at The Back Of The World: I Believe in Solemn, Reverent Liturgy … Continue reading
A priest I spoke with yesterday mentioned how clerics should properly use their birettas (hat, not Beretta… which is another post). I call proper use of the biretta “birettiquette”. Once upon a time I actually had made a little pamphlet … Continue reading
You will want to look at what Sandro Magister posted today. HERE Müller: “These Theories Are Radically Mistaken” The prefect of the congregation for the doctrine of the faith refutes the ideas of those who want to permit second marriages … Continue reading
I saw at the blog of my friend, (still) the P.P. of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness himself, Fr. Finigan, that he has hacked his Kindle. Don’t have a Kindle yet. What on earth are you waiting for? USA HERE (for one … Continue reading
Do you have some good news you can pass along?
Was there a good point or two in the sermon you heard on Sunday? Let us know what it was!
This is big news. Via WaPo: D.C. police won’t enforce handgun ban; stay of ruling overturning law will be sought D.C. police were told Sunday not to arrest people for carrying handguns on the street in the wake of a … Continue reading
One hundred years ago, World War I began. The world hasn’t been the same since. Today a friend sent a pic from Business Insider which I now share. The other photos give a sense of what trench warfare was like. … Continue reading