Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Joy65: WHEN will he be silenced by the Church. He is doing more harm than good but especially as a Catholic Priest he should be definitely NOT be putting out his own opinions as the ChurchR 17;s...
- iPadre: When a priest denies the power/ necessity/ the impact of prayer and penance, something is seriously wrong. In August of 2017 Our Lady of Fatima said: “pra y much and make sacrifi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: RunsOnDeca f: did he disobey? I honestly don’ t know the whole of what he was told or who told him. I found one post by a guy in Chicago who strikes me as well-infor med....
- Anneliese: I think he’s party afraid that penance and prayer will work. Penance and prayers don’ t only offer reparation , it also leads to conversion . Why would he want anyone to have...
- Dismas: Per the second update – In the spirit of reclaiming language, the term would be “Ald erman̶ 1;, as the term “man ” indicates species first and foremost. Strange...
- mattg: When are we going to call out these posing sodomites as the Marquess of Queensberr y did to the man who had corrupted his son? That is exactly what we need right now. There should be no...
- RunsOnDecaf: Father Z, in your opinion, did he disobey? Fr Kalchik announced he would do this in a public ceremony. The Archdioces e said do not. So he did so privately. It wasn’t a public act. The...
- Anneliese: I watched a little bit of the video posted by Channel 9 and I’m annoyed by some of these protesters who say hate has no home in their neighborho od. I noticed that the signs that...
- hwriggles4: Thank you Fr. Paul Kalchik. The Church needs more priests who are leaders. The Church needs less of “Fr. Nice and Fr. Yeah Whatever.& #8221; A good deacon said months ago to a...
- tho: As Jesus Christ set an example for us, by driving the money changers out of the temple. I firmly believe that priests like Father Kalchik, along with Archbishop Vigano, are setting an example...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: KT127, I don’ t advocate at all, “ 216;let’s tear down everything you find offensive so maybe you will say nice things about us.'” ; I think priests...
- richiedel: It would be interestin g to see the midterm and final reports at this point, too, along with the records of those breakout group discussion s. It would be a bit much to keep pretend...
- JesusFreak84: “The IL for Synod-2018 reads, rather, like a draft of a Synod Final Report. 221; Been saying this would happen since the Synod was announced.
- KT127: “To avoid unnecessar y misunderst andings” Oh please. We have spent most of my life trying to “avoid unnecessar y misunderst andings” with the general public and it has done nothing for us...
- Suburbanbanshee: If a cardinal or bishop wants to command things contrary to the Faith, he should do himself, and confirm it in writing. Hearsay from flunkies is not a command, if the command is...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Chantgirl asked: “Doe s Cupich really want to be seen as punishing an abuse victim who is fighting back against the vice that lead to his abuse?R 21; Yes, he...
- SanSan: they hung that disgusting flag over the altar covering up our precious Jesus. Cdl. Bernadine stands under it in a picture that Church Militant obtained and showed us. Just so sadden.
- Sonshine135: Let me get this straight (no pun intended): +Priest finds a rainbow banner used to welcome people who keep themselves in perhaps one of the worsts mortal sins possible to a church...
- Dismas: The past fifty odd years were but the opening skirmishes of the Crisis. Cardinal Cupich is the gold standard for the kinds of bishops to be elevated for the foreseeabl e future. If you have...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: “The IL for Synod-2018 reads, rather, like a draft of a Synod Final Report. And that is a prescripti on for a failed Synod.R 21; There it is. And according to...
- Adelle Cecilia: “Sho uld we pray for or against the success of _____?R 21; This is something that, in recent years, I’ve changed my mind about. Similar to, “ple ase let me/him...
- Adelle Cecilia: The executive director of DignityUSA said, “When we see this symbol flying at our churches, we know this will be a place of welcome and affirmatio n and a place where God’s creati...
- teetee67: These events make it very difficult to teach people about reverence and purpose regarding liturgy. There was a video from the Philippine s that had a Jesus “pop up” behind the...
- AA Cunningham: The current occupant of the Chair of St. Peter is too busy meeting with infanticid e advocating singer Bono to respond to you, Archbishop Vigano or the Dubia, Your Excellency .
- ajf1984: I once had the privilege of interviewi ng with His Excellency Bishop Nickless for a Director of Faith Formation position in his diocese. I was struck by his humility and clearly-pr ayerful...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
- Francis to clergy, seminarians, religion in Palermo: “Clericalism… one of the most difficult perversions”
- UPDATE: 15 Sept: Seven Sorrows of Mary, Mater Dolorosa, Queen of Martyrs – Queen of Clergy
- @BishopZubik announces traditional practices for @DioPitt
- Bits and pieces
- WDTPRS – 24th Ordinary Sunday: Does it make any difference to offer prayers to God?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Was there a good point from the sermon you heard for your Sunday Mass?
Let us know.
Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem.
Some scholars of Late Antiquity are skeptical about or even scoff at the ancient tales about Christian children who refused to renounce Christ even in the face of terrible pain and fear.
Even in our modern period, … Continue reading
You might consider some reading for your Advent preparation.
If you haven’t yet read Benedict XVI’s third volume of Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives, it is a great place to start!
The Holy Father’s book presents a real defense of the … Continue reading
It is possible that we are already back to Advent?
Advent begins a new liturgical year. Each year Holy Church presents the history of our salvation and the mysteries of the life, death, resurrection and the return of the Lord. Each … Continue reading
Do you remember Schoolhouse Rock?
Here is an original about the passing of laws:
This is the updated version from Saturday Nigh Live:
Having grown up in Minnesota, this is Just Too Cool…
What is it about Archbishops of St. Louis? They tend to bring out the bully in politicians.
Maybe you recall how, years ago when now-Archbp. Robert Carlson informed then-Sen. Tom Daschle that he wasn’t to vote for a partial-birth abortion bill … Continue reading
Do you have some good news to share with the readers?
We had a Missa Cantata this morning, in the Extraordinary Form of course, using the texts for the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, adding the prayers Pro gratiarum actione. The schola did a good job and Mass … Continue reading
We don’t have to take every pronouncement or opinion on every topic from every Pope as if it were the Lord’s ipsissima verba. What the Bishop of Rome teaches about concerning faith and morals… those things we Catholics had better … Continue reading
From a reader…
Father, the subject Article IV says: “Celebrations of Mass as mentioned in art. 2 above may – observing all the norms of law – also be attended by faithful, who of their own free will, ask to be … Continue reading
Do you remember there is an album of Advent music available? The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph provide it.
Here are a few little samples.
The UK link is HERE.
These same sisters are defending Bp. Robert Finn, who … Continue reading