Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SAHMmy: I knew immediatel y where that photo comes from. It is at The Big Cross in Groom, Texas just off Interstate 40. I LOVE stopping there when I drive cross-coun try each year. It’s one...
- rhhenry: Ex labore infantium?
- Suburbanbanshee: O Lord, give us the faith of children and the heart of Yourself.
- hwriggles4: Sleep deprivatio n – reminds me of finals week at college. Unmatched clothes, unshaved faces, sweat pants, laundry piled up, room in disarray, etc. Yes – I am only human.
- JustaSinner: Laura Ingraham is a new covert, Maria Bartiroma is, and I believe a half dozen others are Catholic or converts. Unfortunat ely calling a priest ‘Reverand’ instead of Father has caught...
- JustaSinner: Least you caught it and it wasn’t icy hot! Blessed Easter, Father. You deserve all the best.
- hwriggles4: Went to last night̵ 7;s Easter Vigil. Our pastoral administra tor is a former Episcopal Priest and gave a good homily highlighti ng that we all have seen darkness and light. Father...
- Egad_Trad_Dad: Minds me of the old SNL skit about “Shi mmer” ; — the floor wax that’ ;s also a dessert topping.
- jameeka: Thank you for your sermon, Father Z. Father C’s Easter morning sermon (OF) First, he drew a parallel: Jesus was born in a cave and wrapped in swaddling cloth. When Jesus died, he was...
- AureEntuluva: Were you at St. Brendan’s in Bothell WA? This sounds like what I heard there
- bobbird: And I must add, especially to those whose parish priest insisted that the Mass would not proceed until volunteers came forth: if that happened to me, I would stand up and say, “...
- bobbird: On a camping trip, I once put dish soap into a Mac & Cheese concoction , thinking it was … olive oil. I was EXTREMELY PUZZLED as I stirred the mac & cheese and saw bubbles...
- AliceS: Father reiterated more than once that Jesus really rose from the dead. And was seen by many including his disciples. This was not just wishful thinking but something which truly happened. I...
- semperficatholic: HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA! TOO FUNNY!
- iamlucky13: Father talked about the Jewish hope in the resurrecti on, coupled with the doubt that would have naturally been felt that it could be a realistic promise. Then they had renewed hope...
- Henry Edwards: A note of thanksgivi ng for our EF Holy Week observance s at Holy Ghost Catholic Church in Knoxville (TN). For the first time in a half century and more here, we celebrated the...
- Maximilian75: I noticed the same thing @Karl Keating noticed. FNC leans more Evangelica l, that may be why… Still, at least they were willing to have the good Reverend Father on, as opposed...
- MissBee: Happened to me with diaper cream once. Got as far as putting it on the toothbrush .
- Karl Keating: I guess all these Fox News commentato rs must be Catholic. They all referred to their guest as “Rev erend̶ 1; rather than as “Fat her.” ;
- JeffC64: This is precisely why I only purchase shave creams or soaps that come in a tub for use with my brush. LOL
- Josephus Corvus: Here’ ;s hoping you were being observant and not just serving as a warning to others. Have a blessed Easter, Father!
- APX: Yes, I once grabbed a tube of Rub A535 instead of my toothpaste .
- Lurker 59: Indeed! My favorite, and too often repeated autopilot oops, is cracking my eggs right into the garbage disposal.
- GrumpyYoungMan: I’m with you – I reckon Beefeater could work in a pinch, but something more aromatic seems appropriat e. Maybe St. George Botanivore . Happy Easter, Father!
- Rob83: The point that stood out was noting that we’d just been encouraged through Lent to give things up, pray, give alms and do works of charity, and go to confession , with the idea that...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: June 2015
His Excellency Most Reverend Alexander Sample, Archbishop of Portland, issued a statement about SCOTUS’s pathetic same-sex “marriage” decision. HERE ‘Simply wrong’ Archbishop Alexander Sample responds to decision by Supreme Court legalizing same-sex “marriage” I am deeply saddened by the narrow … Continue reading
Things scroll off the top page pretty fast these days. Here are some links to recent posts: First, We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty” And then… Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 … Continue reading
Today is Cardinal Burke’s 67th Birthday! Ad multos annos! ___ Originally Published on: Jun 29, 2015 @ 12:16 Today is His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke’s 40th anniversary of ordination to the sacred priesthood. He was, I believe, ordained by Paul VI. … Continue reading
Bloggers… you should also pay attention. Some of you have reported, when coming to this blog, the odd phenomenon of being redirected to some odd page elsewhere in these interwebs. It is a rare phenomenon, but troubling. Some of you have … Continue reading
You may have heard about the highly offensive move of the Milwaukee Art Museum. They displayed a “portrait” of Benedict XVI made from colored condoms. That’s just plain nasty. The Vicar General of the Diocese of Madison, Msgr. James Bartylla, … Continue reading
Here is some good news! Six men were ordained for the Diocese of Madison this year. This relatively rural diocese has 35 men in formation! So much depends on the bishop. Of the six men ordained this year, two of … Continue reading
Jupiter and Venus are having a conjunction! In plain sight! No Obergefell v. Hodges for them, no sirree! From SpaceWeather (and your own observation). For the next few nights, the distance between the planets will continue to shrink. On June 30th … Continue reading
From Crisis we have a piece called “Taking Back Marriage” by Scott Rickert with my emphases and comments: […] For the Christian, of course, evangelization is the ultimate solution to cultural problems. And evangelization is not the calling simply of popes and … Continue reading
Here are a few points of interest concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges. My patented emphases and comments. First, see the comments of Phil Lawler: So now is it ‘hate speech’ to deplore the Obergefell decision? The ink was barely dry … Continue reading
Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
A priest friend sent me some notes in response to my posting HERE of the CDF’s 2003 document: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons. His points are worth sharing. I’ll edit a bit: 1. Saint Charles … Continue reading
Was there a good point or two in the sermon you heard at the Mass for your Sunday obligation? Let us know. I’ll bet that many of you heard something about the SCOTUS decision Obergefell v. Hodges (same-sex “marriage”). Let’s have … Continue reading
A friend who is a reader here (and a monthly donor!) recommended a book recently, while we were chatting during evening drinks and cigars at Acton U (he and his wife went to that, too – smart people). I just finished the audio version … Continue reading
From a permanent deacon… QUAERITUR: Can a married Deacon use a fascia with his cassock, considering that it symbolises chastity? If it symbolizes chastity, most certainly then, a married deacon can wear it, since he should be living a life … Continue reading
I direct the readership to something I wrote before Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato si’ was released. HERE The Pope quotes St. Francis’ song here and there. But let us not forget how the song ends. My friend Fr. Rutler in NYC … Continue reading
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons INTRODUCTION 1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have … Continue reading