HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Felipe: Thank you for your blog, we need more priests to read and share experience s like these! I hope other priests will be encouraged to accept their right to celebrate their Rite!
- Catholic Tech Geek: Father Z, you should have a good time when you make it to Wheeling, WV. Wheeling holds a special place in my heart. It was in Wheeling at the Cathedral of Saint Joseph that I...
- excalibur: There is the problem. Most of the bishops do not believe in Jesus.
- excalibur: This. Discussion has been droning on for hours into the second day, mostly over the precise wording of various documents, directives , programs, etc. (all of which say more or less...
- Gaetano: As we watch the bishop continue to fumble the abuse crisis, I continue to hope that some bishop will stand up and be the champion clergy abuse survivors deserve. Where is the outra...
- bartlep: I think the #1 problem is the loss of faith. If these abusers were faithfully praying their breviary, praying the rosary, going to confession on a regular basis and seeking spirit...
- quo vado: The Chartres Pilgrimage looks amazing. WouldnR 17;t it be nice if there was a fund there that would allow diocesan seminarian s to go? I doubt many dioceses would fund such a traditi...
- Clinton: I’ve often wondered if our episcopacy would be so resigned to accept the collapse of Catholic demographi cs here in the US if their own careers were linked to concrete, verifia...
- quo vado: We brought our friend who was a Charismati c Catholic to a Low Mass, followed by a Holy Hour of Reparation . Said Holy Hour involved vocal prayers while kneeling for the whole hour. To my...
- rollingrj: Just simply condemning .
- samwise: Al Kresta covered the Declaratio n very well yesterday https://av emariaradi o.net/audi o-archive/ kresta-aft ernoon-jun e-18-2019- hour-2/
- teachermom24: “eff eminacy in prayer must be avoided 221; Yes. I recall St. Teresa of Avila said she could not abide “wee py nuns” ;.
- Traductora: I thought it was a great piece, and I loved what Bishop Baker said! The only sensible man in the room, apparently – or maybe the only believer? I’ve never met him, but he was the...
- Philmont237: As a member of the military, I’ve always wondered if I belong (canonical ly) to the territoria l parish or to the nearest base chapel. Right now I go to the territoria l parish because...
- gdweber: Michael MartinR 17;s Thesaurus Precum Latinarum, http://www .preces-la tinae.org/ index.htm , has Latin versions of many prayers. If you don’ t find what you need there, the...
- Lurker 59: —-&g t;One bishop seems particular ly concerned that sexual [homosexua l] impropriet ies between a bishop and a consenting adult should not be treated too harshly. This is why...
- mrsmontoya: Greetings, Father. In my work as Care Manager for Retired Priests, I am sometimes asked to help a priest “reh ome” some of their materials, especially books. It seems they...
- carndt: Saw it this morning, read it then posted it on Facebook so those of the uninformed could get a, as you simple put, “nailed it” observatio n of Church leadership . Wore a shirt with Vigan...
- veritas vincit: That NRO article was devastatin g. Here’ ;s another piece: “. . . the USCCB as a whole is in serious trouble, mostly owing to the actions and inactions of many of its...
- Fr. Andrew: Author seems to be in touch with St. Jerome. Withering.
- Tina in Ashburn: They want us to believe that the Church has changed its teaching. All this discussion about what this change MEANS in regard to infallibil ity, heresy, the teaching magisteriu m,...
- Tina in Ashburn: Nice! Thank you dear priest whoever you are. “ 230;the prayers, I discovered , were more even more “manly.” ” Reminds me of the directive I found in a thick, real...
- JustaSinner: Father, my apologies if you missed my point. Wonderful news that he gets it? YES! One brick, after all. But still am very saddened that in my lifetime I have been disrespect ed due to...
- ArsAstronautica: ROTFLOL! My personal favorite I get asked from time to time: “Whe re can I find a Latin translatio n of the Mass?̶ 1; Ummmmm. Yeah.
- RWG: Wait a minuteR 30;I hear… ;.crickets chirping 8230;
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: July 2015
From a reader… I was wondering if any secular/diocesan priest is allowed to wear a black mozzetta as part of their choir dress? I have seen pictures of some priests wearing a black mozzetta such as the Canons Regular of … Continue reading
This is interesting… From LifeSite: ‘Married’ lesbian approved as head of Catholic day care in Cardinal Marx’s diocese July 31, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) – The website of the German Bishops’ Conference, katholisch.de, reported yesterday on the first case of a practicing homosexual … Continue reading
Something light… but maybe not. I think most of you know that I don’t like squirrels… except Scrat. I actually have squirreled away somewhere a Scrat decal for the cover of my laptop, where the glowing bitten apple of sin … Continue reading
I’ve been monitoring my voice mail. A question came in a while back which I can now treat. Let’s have the audio…
On my way out of an eatery where I had met a reader and priest heading to Lacrosse for yet another conference with Cardinal Burke, as well as the great Archbp. Cordileone, [HERE] I saw the rising moon. Photos almost … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) Jamie Manson (openly lesbian activist, promoter of women’s ordination, mentored by Sr. Margaret Farley, and darling of the LCWR), laments the Church’s teaching about homosexuality. This piece is part of Fishwrap‘s incessant effort to undermine … Continue reading
Technology is great… when it works. Here’s is the latest stupid problem I have to deal with: Solving this stupid thing for almost every page I try to bring up! UPDATE: I did a full scan and installed some updates. … Continue reading
I have a love/hate relationship with Camille Paglia. I love her writing style an enjoy her stark commentary. Meanwhile, I hope and pray that she will come to senses about God. Right now at Salon she had a piece in … Continue reading
Remember… Planned Parenthood was initiated to get rid of undesirables. Everyone… take a moment to go to Crisis and read Fr. George Rutler’s new offering. HERE A sample… Christ cannot be psychoanalyzed because he is perfect. It would be like seeking … Continue reading
See the video message, for you readers, below! ___ I’ve journeyed to LaCrosse and the magnificent Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe for the annual Speculum Iustitiae conference. Card. Burke organized the conference six years ago. It is always intellectually … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! Registered or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read? Continued from THESE. I get many requests by … Continue reading
From a priest… QUAERITUR: I was in Fatima earlier this month and in the office to request Masses be offered for pilgrim’s intentions, I noticed a sign that said the stipend for a standard Mass stipend is 10 Euros but … Continue reading
A blog called EpicPew has some points to review about your participation at Mass. NB: A serious omission in the blog post is that it ignores the Extraordinary Form. It doesn’t even mention the Extraordinary Form. That is, when the author … Continue reading