HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- The Egyptian: whats wrong, everything on that wood platform, all of it, would make a good bonfire. spirit of v2 my hintern
- Jerome Charles: Fr Martin Fox– well said. And, as a parent, how am I to know who to trust? I’m sure plenty of pedophile priests seem entirely trustworth y. If a priest was showing...
- acardnal: Concelebra tion as it should be.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Interestin g that the signature “SPQR” still continues in use!
- Diana: Wonderful! ! I love it when you travel and share. :)
- pbnelson: Wonderful pictures, Father. My family and I attended mass at Trinitas numerous times last fall, and your pictures bring back memories. I wish we were back there!
- Josephus Corvus: Jerome Charles said: This is no different than Jesus did… The big difference is that Jesus followed up with something like “Fro m now on avoid this sin so that someth...
- SanSan: HOW DEEP WILL THE DARKNESS BE?
- Semper Gumby: Eoin OBolguidhi r: Thanks for the movie recommenda tion. Good point about the god of the Koran, three examples: 113:2 Allah created evil 5:32 Note that killing for “cau sing...
- Fr Martin Fox: I read that report too, and it made me sick. As horrible as it is to read, there is something good about this report. Namely, it gives a very concrete image of what predatory ̶...
- Gregg the Obscure: it was with good reason that the civilized world referred to “the UNSPEAKABL E crime against natureR 21;. there isn’ t good reason for perversion to be mentio...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the photos and travel writing. Please keep an eye out for scudos and scootas. (Mea culpa for that one Faddah.) acardnal: Sure, a travel bottle of ketchup will...
- SanSan: Time to really look at our parishes and young boys who are continuall y being “loo ked after̶ 1; by certain clergy. It’s so sad that it has come to this. Those parishione rs...
- hwriggles4: Fr Z Good job on the contraptio n for the shower. When I was a Boy Scout, we were taught to use our resources and think. You did what works. I was also glad my dad trained my broth...
- Just Some Guy: This report was highly disturbing . But it is what people need to hear to realize the severity of our current problem. This is on tape. All the other abuse over the decades, similar...
- semperficatholic: Woah!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! What a sick and twisted, evil human being. That was such an evil laugh when he thought the boy was high. He should be kept in prison for a lot longer than his...
- Credoh: Sorry Father, http://www .personal. utulsa.edu /~marc-car lson/histo ry/coin.ht ml
- Credoh: From this web page, it appears that 4 scudi are worth roughly US$500 in AD2000 money. Which makes 15 scudi equivalent to around US$1,875. That’ ;s a hefty fine alright 230; As a...
- Amerikaner: And thus the slow push we see on certain folks indicating doctrine can change over time… ;
- Gab: If God wanted a female priest He would have conferred this on the Blessed Virgin Mary. And since He didn’ ;t, QED. Are there no other more pressing issues in the Church today?!!
- iamlucky13: “Lar ge numbers of our Christians are instructed by the press and do not know how to make theologica l distinctio ns because of a lack of education in theology. “ It̵...
- RichR: Father, These posts remind me that there are beautiful things in this world. It also shows people that you aren’t a mean old curmudgeon who sits in his home hating Vatican II ;-) You seem...
- Jerome Charles: Fr. MartinR 17;s premise is wrong. There is NO room for LGBT people in the Catholic Church. They should another church, for starters 8230; I don’ t really believe that....
- Gab: Enjoying Your travelogue s, Father Z.
- deaconjohn1987: Thank you, Cardinal Müller!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: December 2015
I found this story from Ed Pentin to be pretty interesting. My friends in Rome and my own experience this out. Large Fall in Numbers of Faithful Attending Angelus, Regina Coeli According to figures released today by the papal household, the number … Continue reading
We read in the Enchiridion Indulgentiarum 26 that, under the usual conditions, people can gain a plenary indulgence by participating in a liturgical praying of the Te Deum for the end of the year. Is there one in your diocese … Continue reading
From a priest: My pastor said to me, “if you give me a good enough reason why I should wear black vestments on All Souls’ Day, I will do it.” What, exactly, would you recommend I tell him? My mind … Continue reading
What is your good news these days… these busy days? I am sure that some good things are going on out there. I, for one, am in the midst of preparing another Supper for the Promotion of Clericalism. I have … Continue reading
Holy Church considers many Old Testament figures to be saints. Today when you open your trusty copy of the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum you will find, just below the St. Thomas Becket, this interesting entry: 2. Commemoratio sancti David, regis et … Continue reading
UPDATE 29 Dec: It seems that the priest involved has been involved with his diocese in this matter HERE. There is also an article in a local paper which explains the fallout. HERE In short, Father is sorry that he … Continue reading
DATELINE: Springfield, IL. It seems that in a letter to the edition of the local paper someone went after His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield in regard to Communion for the civilly divorced and remarried (CDRs). HERE … Continue reading
Today is Childermas, the Feast of the Holy Innocents. Lully, lulla, thou little tiny child, By by, lully lullay, thou little tiny child, By by, lully lullay. O sisters too, How may we do For to preserve this day This … Continue reading
“This shall be a sign unto you. You shall find the infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger.”
Here is a lovely image from a 13th c. French Psalter which I found at discarded images. During the Octave, contemplate the Infant King.
It is still Christmas. That is, we are in the Octave of Christmas. Holy Church stops her counting of time for a bit so that we can rest with the mystery of the Incarnation and contemplate it from various angles. … Continue reading
Was there a good point in the sermon you heard for your Mass of obligation for Sunday? Let us know!
In the Novus Ordo, or Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite, on Sunday after Christmas we focus on the Holy Family. Our context is Octave of the Nativity of the Lord. An “octave” is a period of eight days when … Continue reading
From my Patristic Rosary Project page: 3rd Joyful Mystery: The Nativity Christ came into the world in “the fullness of time” (Gal 4:4). His First Coming was foreseen from all eternity and His Nativity was prepared from the beginning of … Continue reading
In addition to Boxing Day, and the day good King Wenceslaus went out, it is the feast of St Stephen. I hope all your snow is neat and crisp and even. St. Stephen’s feast has been celebrated this day since the … Continue reading
Here is your HHH UPDATE for Day 10 of… HEART WATCH! Fr. Finigan is in the hospital after a “Minor Cardiac Episode.” So, far, he has been freed from THE MINDRAY, and has dealt with THE PROTOCAL. I think he might now be struggling with … Continue reading