Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hwriggles4: Two things: One way to handle an invite like this is “don ’t show up “. Years ago, a protest was scheduled outside of the diocesan chancery office. Since only 18...
- Michael Haz: Odd thing how a few priests who seem truly in need of therapy (Martin, Pfleger, et. al.) never seem to be rounded up and taken away… ;…
- MrsMacD: For CD who has terminal cancer and has been out of the church for years
- LarryW2LJ: A question that someone posed on Twitter: “Why does Fr. James Martin always have to remind us that he’s “a priest in good standing.& #8221;? My answer was a question my...
- robtbrown: Let’ s try it again. HvonBlumen thal says: I fear that FSSP is under as much pressure as everyone else as they have never succeeded in obtaining their own bishop. The only non...
- robtbrown: HvonBlumen thal says: I fear that FSSP is under as much pressure as everyone else as they have never succeeded in obtaining their own bishop. The only non schismatic safe house seems to...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: 1. It seems that the same level of secrecy that has been surroundin g the abuse of young men by priests and bishops, and the cover-ups by bishops, is also to be found...
- RKR: “Rem ember: The Lord gave us an indefectib le Church and promised that Hell would not prevail. He didn’t promise that the Church would survive in these USA.” ; Wow. I never thought...
- Gregg the Obscure: Grim irony that those in the Church who most deride the inquisitio n’s actions against heretics use even more intrusive tactics against men who resist heresy.
- iPadre: For my dad who is in the hospital. He was having chest pains. And for my mom. I’m taking her to get cataract surgery on on eye this morning.
- scottygal: My husband recently found out that the pastor of the most LGBT-frien dly parish in Atlanta is the priest that married us many years ago in Athens, GA. My heart almost broke when I...
- Father Totton: To some points here, it is naive to believe that this is strictly a liberal v. conservati ve problem. It is an abuse of power problem, and it happens with “lib eral” ; AND...
- Elly: Please pray for my son who has severe vision problems. Please pray that treatment will be effective.
- Richard A: Seems to me that in a city like Chicago, with several prestigiou s universiti es, it should be possible to find a rational, Christian professor of psychology with a national reputation ....
- Fallibilissimo: Please pray for I going through some turbulent waters. Please pray for L who will need to undergo knee surgery soon. Please pray for me to have the courage to deal with my very...
- HvonBlumenthal: To what extent do you think petitions like the one asking Card Cupich to resign make any difference ? How many signatures would it take? This one https://ww w.change.o rg/p/ca...
- Fallibilissimo: I know that the medical profession is full of abuse. However, if you’ re telling us that this is widespread among different dioceses then forget the idea of a place up in the...
- Gab: This … this is heartbreak ing.
- snegopad: Please pray for me: chronical illness, have to move as soon as possible to an other federal state, ( because I cannot afford living , where I am now),..bei ng not young anymore 230;,...
- Gab: Is it just me or are the links in FatherR 17;s post not working?
- HvonBlumenthal: I fear that FSSP is under as much pressure as everyone else as they have never succeeded in obtaining their own bishop. The only non schismatic safe house seems to be sspx.
- Johann: Please pray for all Catholics who have had their faith shaken by the current abuse crisis, that they may not lose hope. And pray for all the faithful bishops and priests who are trying to...
- HvonBlumenthal: Newman wrote this at the end of 1841. Within four years he would indeed leave “the Church” as he understood it when he wrote this and be received into the Catholic Church. For this...
- GrumpyYoungMan: Several family illnesses, one most likely terminal.
- JesusFreak84: Leading with good news, I’m starting a job on Monday after over 2 years of barely getting interviews , but it’s 1.5-2 hours from my house depending on traffic and tolls...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- UPDATED – INTERVIEW – @ArchChicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 25 September: Bl. Herman “the Cripple”
- In Atlanta protests about @JamesMartinSJ upcoming talk – #sodoclericalism
- Read and weep: Soviet style “psych” tactics used against priests by bishops.
- “Has not all our misery as a Church arisen from people being afraid to look difficulties in the face?”
- When they claim “Clericalism!”, they really mean #sodoclericalism
- My View For Awhile: Humidity Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is a Communion plate or paten a “sacred vessel”?
- OCTOBER – ROME – Annual #SumPont2018 Pilgrimage
- Thanks to Augustus on his birthday and to the Cohors Italicus
- If government leaders in China can now choose bishops, then in these USA…
- Francis trades quips with Polish photographer in Vilnius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly on upcoming Synod’s working document. Concerns.
- THIS IS WAR! Wherein Fr. Z calls on bishops and priests to FIGHT BACK as priests and bishops!
- Akita, Communion in the hand, and homosexuality
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
READER DONATIONS FROM…
- - JUNE -
To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with CONTINUE TO GIVE Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
They take a larger percent taste, but they are an alternative.
Send snail mail to:
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603 Madison, WI 53744-4603
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank" "Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy" "the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'" - Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog.
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!